Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Changes to Blacksmithing
  I figured that this would be a good topic to start because I believe that blacksmithing should get some changes, so please post your problems with blacksmithing.
  My first problem with blacksmithing is the weapons a high level blacksmith makes,  the amount of materials it takes to create an high level sword is so hard to get and expensive. For example the exotic sword wich is the best in my opinion takes this amount of raw materials.
- 1 shade ore
- 8 steel
- 1 mystic charm
Yes crafting does not give anything to you atm, it's only waste of money.
I personally don't find the materials needed for exotic sword to be that difficult to get. Considering it is a level 10 crafting good, you can't expect it to be easy to make, and it seems the right difficulty level in terms of raw material. Of course if you want to mass produce the sword that's another matter.

The issue I have with the blacksmith crafting class is the lack of items you can make. It seems pretty plain at the moment. There's nothing to craft at 11, 13, and 14 from what I've seen leveling myself, and from other people who have leveled. I would like more variety in craftable items.
(12-01-2012, 09:35 PM)coldness link Wrote:I personally don't find the materials needed for exotic sword to be that difficult to get. Considering it is a level 10 crafting good, you can't expect it to be easy to make, and it seems the right difficulty level in terms of raw material. Of course if you want to mass produce the sword that's another matter.

The issue I have with the blacksmith crafting class is the lack of items you can make. It seems pretty plain at the moment. There's nothing to craft at 11, 13, and 14 from what I've seen leveling myself, and from other people who have leveled. I would like more variety in craftable items.

Thats true with finding coal and even shade ore is not hard to find when you get to a high level but compare it to the armor smith where they only need 3 steel and 45 cloth for heraldic mail and are able to to break even on the market place
That stems from the fact that blacksmithing gets us crap items Sad That's why we can't really break even with anything in it.
Yeah all I really want is  to be able to craft better weapons or at least be able to make more money of the swords
Armorsmith isn't really a whole lot better. You can break even on Heraldic Mail. Maybe Banded Armor too, but that's level 15. You lose money on anything else. I think all the professions need to be looked at again and changed somehow to make them better.

Edit: Actually, I'm not too sure that you can break even on even Heraldic Mail anymore. The price of cloth has risen to 500 and the price of steel has fallen to around 2000. So it's now about 22500 for the cloth and 6000 for the steel. You can sell Heraldic Mail for 27.5k, which is actually 26115 after Auction Tax. So you're losing about 2k-2.5k for each Heraldic Mail.
(12-01-2012, 11:21 PM)Annoying_Archer link Wrote:[quote author=deathknight678 link=topic=853.msg7554#msg7554 date=1326401876]
  I figured that this would be a good topic to start because I believe that blacksmithing should get some changes, so please post your problems with blacksmithing.
  My first problem with blacksmithing is the weapons a high level blacksmith makes,  the amount of materials it takes to create an high level sword is so hard to get and expensive. For example the exotic sword wich is the best in my opinion takes this amount of raw materials.
- 1 shade ore
- 8 steel
- 1 mystic charm
Good gear and high level items SHOULD take a lot of materials, otherwise, it'd be too easy to get. If everyone was running around with the best craftable gear, it wouldn't be so good, would it? Plus, if it were easy to make, I'm pretty sure that would decrease the sell price to other players; more in stock = low prices.
[/quote]

I agree with you about good gear being hard to get but the exotic swords that are craftable are not a good sword, the bastard sword that is 900 gold is better than the strange sword and and the strange short sword,  and the war cleaver is much better than the exotic great sword wich is a much easier item to craft.
Only the regular strange sword can be considered good with 108 speed but like i said above,  the bastard sword beats its stats in everything but speed. Honestly I like your idea of the stat boost
I think it would be cool to also let snipers use the exotic sword, since they can already use the tempered katana as well.

It seems like alchemy and blacksmithing got the short end of the stick, since as an armorsmith you can craft the best armor available to people atm, but as a blacksmith you can craft nothing of worth. The same can be said of alchemists.

Also, armorsmithing had a serious advantage in that they got huge returns on crafting the heraldic mails, and only recently did that get fixed. The other two smithers did not have anything like that at all. It makes me regret my choice in being a blacksmith instead of an armorsmith.

Pretty much nothing is useful as a blacksmith. At the very least, alchemists are able to craft support class tools.