Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Submission] Old Lake Town ( Accepted )
Well, I recently started playing NordInvasion, and I liked it. Still, I think more diversity in maps is needed (the ones available are mostly nice, but not enough Big Grin), so I decided to make this one.
I'm no beginner to scening, I made most of the maps for FullInvasion, for example the Old-Jelkala Excarvation Site, the Vaegisk Mountain Pass, and some more ones a tad crappier Big Grin

Now to to the actual candy of this thread, the map:

This old town by a lake lies at the old swadian-rhodokian border. Now the times of attacking Rhodoks are long gone, the Nords sieged the town, and had no success. At first. Now their fearsome longboats sail down the stream towards the town harbour. A small division of the Swadian army is the only thing that can keeps those Nords from raiding. Luckily, you are a part of those guys. By the way, there's no way out.

Or to put it in simple terms: You defend the harbour walls of a town with semi-rhodokian architecture, and you're pretty fucked, as always.

Now following: The presentation of the screenshots, with semi-funny sentences under the images. Enjoy.
I'm posting this in case you actually want the map (oh, doesn't make too much sense, does it?). There are ladders and stairs, the map hasn't been tested with players yet, and you might be not fine with the lore. Still, nothing to lose here.
By the way, if you ever get interested in one of my old invasion maps, you can have it, that's no problem. I guess you will not, as most don't fit the lore, but I wanted to make sure.
The scene file is attachedThe scene file is not attached, as the forum said the upload folder was full, will do per PM soon. The terrain code is this one (similar to Hidden Cave, as I used that as a template, except the background must be beach):

Now awaiting constructive criticism (I'm pointing at you, Temuzu Big Grin).
Someone called? ;D

Im afraid that it might now work, everything seems fine and dandy, but I fail to see how cavarly is supposed to get up there. I know, its a downer, but all maps have to be cavarly friendly, dont ask why.

But yeah, otherwise it could be test-worthy.
Well, only cavalry spawning on the boat will be stuck there, other cavalry units can roam the lower bridges as they are on earth-level. But of course, people could just camp the cavalry waves on the walls, but they could do that either on Jeldan Citadel, and they don't.
The players will have to get down to the cavalry (as seen on Jeldan citadel in a less intense way). But I can also put this one in my map vault in case it's needed again some day, if the solution isn't appropriate in the eyes of the developers Big Grin
Alright, time passed, I contacted Hande, and he tested my map. I reworked some stuff, the boat for example is now blocked, two siege towers instead of a single ladder, and some glitches were removed.
Just wanted to inform, in case anyone was waiting for this Big Grin
This map is accepted and ready for next patch.
Just want to say the feedback from public testing was great Freddex and several people on TS wanted me to give you a big thumbs up for it.  Smile
Oh, thanks people, I really appreciate your support Big Grin
Looking good, cant wait to try it out!

On the subject of testing maps, is it open to applications or is it devs only?
"And it goes a little something like this..."
looking good freddex looking forward to slaying hordes of nords (got that from someone elses post i was reading and i liked it  ;D) keep up the good work
COURAGE: do one brave thing then run like hell

Long Live The Order Of The Scarlet Blade's
PK_Friewulf_shielder
Worm and I played through the map today. Hooooooooooly crap!! This is incredible! Please please please make more Big Grin
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus