Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: What to do with build points;
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Remove them
63.16%
24 63.16%
Keep them
23.68%
9 23.68%
Alter them (please specify in a reply)
13.16%
5 13.16%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Build points
(06-01-2019, 11:25 AM)Srellian Wrote:
(20-12-2018, 07:49 PM)Ken_Repeaterman Wrote: Can we get rid of them?
On the Ragnarok, these points run out at the most inopportune moment
[Image: trrQEfS.jpg]
Before fighting Thor, this is what you are limited to by the building point system right now.
If that amount of cades is not enough for you to beat Ragnarok, I don't think the dev team bear the entire responsibility.

(26-12-2018, 09:57 PM)MightyIrishMan Wrote: Event vs  pub runs ?????

From my experience, most of pub runs are also successfull.
When they fail, it's mostly before even reaching the point where you run out of building points, wave 5 often being the highest hurdle.

And we're talking about Ragnarok, the hardest difficulty in the game, the ultimate fight against the nordic gods.
It's supposed to be challenging, not " casual and relaxing", the lower difficulties are already there to fill this role.

Just a minute!!
Why is your screenshot in hard mode?????
You can't talk about Ragnarok and take screenshots of the hard drive. It's mean.
Loot:
Fiendish bow 17
Excalibur 18
Defender Armour 18
Eastern Full Scale 18
Glory 19
Dead Shot 19
Leather Overmail 19
Gloves of Vidar 20
Twigs of Iggdrasil 20
Shop
Steam
Bannerlord is a drunkard's bottle fight
(06-01-2019, 03:20 PM)Ken_Repeaterman Wrote: Just a minute!!
Why is your screenshot in hard mode?????
You can't talk about Ragnarok and take screenshots of the hard drive. It's mean.

My point was to show you the total amount of cades the system still allow you to bring.
In the screenshot's run, it just stroke me that "man, that's still a shittons of cades we can build"
Since that amount is the same on Ragnarok, I just used it as an example.
(06-01-2019, 11:25 AM)Srellian Wrote: From my experience, most of pub runs are also successfull.

We have very different experiences.

(06-01-2019, 03:40 PM)Srellian Wrote: My point was to show you the total amount of cades the system still allow you to bring.
In the screenshot's run, it just stroke me that "man, that's still a shittons of cades we can build"

That's not even that many barricades for Ragnarok...
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(06-01-2019, 04:10 PM)Malong Wrote:
(06-01-2019, 11:25 AM)Srellian Wrote: From my experience, most of pub runs are also successfull.

We have very different experiences.

(06-01-2019, 03:40 PM)Srellian Wrote: My point was to show you the total amount of cades the system still allow you to bring.

That's not even that many barricades for Ragnarok...

Just ended a rag run. We had 63 build points left when Odin died. 
The screenshot has around 25 SHCs and 3 walls, so 59BP.
(06-01-2019, 04:22 PM)Srellian Wrote: Just ended a rag run. We had 63 build points left when Odin died. 

"All isolated incidents are trends" - Srellian, 2019

By the way, I just ended a Rag run about eight minutes ago on Praven where we had no build points left.

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
(06-01-2019, 05:02 PM)Malong Wrote:
(06-01-2019, 04:22 PM)Srellian Wrote: Just ended a rag run. We had 63 build points left when Odin died. 

"All isolated incidents are trends" - Srellian, 2019

By the way, I just ended a Rag run about eight minutes ago on Praven where we had no build points left.

That would be called an anecdotal evidence fallacy if I had actually said it was a trend.
Except I never did. Like fallacies? You just used the strawman one.

I just used that example to prove that it was possible. Or is it not supposed to be and we should move my post to the "Bug report" part of the forum?

Edit:
https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=69977
It's actually 6 points per wave, so at wave 12, the system is limiting you to 72 BP.
That's equal to 36 SHCs, or or 30 SHCs + 4 Walls.

My point is, if you have spent such a crazy amount before Thor, I would rather blame a poor management of the barricades rather than the cruelty of the devs
(06-01-2019, 05:16 PM)Srellian Wrote: That would be called an anecdotal evidence fallacy if I had actually said it was a trend.
Except I never did. Like fallacies? You just used the strawman one.

I just used that example to prove that it was possible. Or is it not supposed to be and we should move my post to the "Bug report" part of the forum?

What? I even posted it was possible in this very thread. I guess you missed this post:

(29-12-2018, 06:23 PM)Malong Wrote:
(29-12-2018, 02:56 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(29-12-2018, 01:22 PM)Forward Wrote: Infantry in NI has 2 roles: shielding and slashing. Implementing extra HP and forcing infantry to walk for kills is bad thing, because they block shooting and slow run down. The game goal is to kill Odin, not to get more kills. Game design should encourage teamplay, not frag contest.

It's funny how you are all about forcing the development team to listen to the community, but when it comes to infantry they have to be forced to follow a directed play style. The purpose of infantry is infantry. People can play the character as they wish and should not be limited in their way of doing so. Oh and your game design should encourage teamplay statement is a bit odd when you are all against a support system that forces more teamplay on the players.

I disagree with this assessment that the support system forces more teamplay. There is no coordination for full public servers because people don't know what support items others are bringing, and most won't change characters due to fear of losing their spot. Many public teams are just destined to lose despite not really doing anything wrong.

Events are still easy, meaning the net effect is you hurt public players. In the end, you didn't make the game more challenging per se, but rather just added a technicality that teams have to pass. I don't consider this to be a challenge, though some people would.

Sorry for the late reply to this thread. Im pretty AFG, however, I will throw in my thoughts about the Buildpoints aswell. I have not read through all the comments, therefore Im sorry for mentioning something someone already said. 

I think the new system provides a challange to the game again. Before the update the gameplay was most of the times: cade off a choke point and just mindless shoot. I agree with the introduction of Buildpoints to limit the cading, as it requires a more strategic planning to succesfully complete a run. However, medics should be able to build cades aswell. This way they can contribute in dangerous situations to "save" the run. 
This suggestion would "nerf" engineers, as medics could "cover" their role. To even this out and to solve the low buildpoints, my suggestion would be the following: 
1. Medics and engineers can both build cades
2. Engineers add extra Buildpoints to the pool on each spawnwave (number needs to be tested, I would suggest 1 point each spawnwave = 1/3 each wave per engineer) 
3. Specific cades become available to build, once an engineer brought one in (once it is equipped). Before top cades are equipped by engineers, only general cades are available to build.
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
(08-01-2019, 11:15 PM)[ASSASSINE] Wrote: Sorry for the late reply to this thread. Im pretty AFG, however, I will throw in my thoughts about the Buildpoints aswell. I have not read through all the comments, therefore Im sorry for mentioning something someone already said. 

I think the new system provides a challange to the game again. Before the update the gameplay was most of the times: cade off a choke point and just mindless shoot. I agree with the introduction of Buildpoints to limit the cading, as it requires a more strategic planning to succesfully complete a run. However, medics should be able to build cades aswell. This way they can contribute in dangerous situations to "save" the run. 
This suggestion would "nerf" engineers, as medics could "cover" their role. To even this out and to solve the low buildpoints, my suggestion would be the following: 
1. Medics and engineers can both build cades
2. Engineers add extra Buildpoints to the pool on each spawnwave (number needs to be tested, I would suggest 1 point each spawnwave = 1/3 each wave per engineer) 
3. Specific cades become available to build, once an engineer brought one in (once it is equipped). Before top cades are equipped by engineers, only general cades are available to build.

You have good ideas.
thor destroys all cades 90% of the time..

If you want to complete rag mode you have to save at least 10-15 build points during w12.

That way you can actualy place cades for odin wave, assuming you barrel w12 and 15 once each.

If you can't then your team doesn't have the dps/shielders to do the run... go to hard Wink
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy