Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Gold Problem
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Got a problem
23.08%
6 23.08%
Dont have a problem
46.15%
12 46.15%
People that play Ni have a problem
30.77%
8 30.77%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Fix the market.
The value of gold is just getting worse...

You made a Gold Sink (Upgrades) to be a place to suck up the larger amount of gold some players the community had. 

So the amount of gold has gone down rapidly so the value of gold should be looked at. (Amount of gold in the market vs the cost of things)

If you don't belave that gold has changed the fact I'm not going to buy this says something at the very least.

I would guess most people value it over "10m" yet putting it this low and it still won't sell is something ells. Shows the hunger players have for gold atm...

I'm fine with the value of Steel Stinger being "3.2m" but what I don't like is seeing is the Griffon Bascinet effect. When the better red item is less/the same/or not much more than the crafted item when upgrading it costs itself x (idk). 

[Image: ae13cdb52d38e69debf69fd5e225863d.png]

⇝ Eastern Short Sword

Items Required:
  • 5 x Damascus Steel (0 / 5)
  • 5 x Black Steel (0 / 5)
  • 15 x Blade Shard (0 / 15)
  • 20 x Hardened Leather (0 / 20)
  • 15 x Perfected Metal (0 / 15)
⇝ Battle Honed Steel Stinger

Items Required:
  • 1 x Eastern Short Sword (0 / 1)
  • 1 x Frostfang (0 / 1)
  • 1 x Steel Stinger (0 / 1)
  • 2 x Masterwork Toolkit (0 / 2)

I would like the price of the legendaries to be fixed in some way that will not give a clear value like how craftables don't have a clear value yet stay about the same price. Hmm maybe some sort of sort system were you can sacrifice legendaries for things, Gold, Mats, ... idk some sort of system where it can give a legendary its value but not be a clear one. Would help with (x) things that seem overpopulated in the economy cough cough Griffon...

Ethier that or fix the "gold" problem at its source and make a way players can easily get gold if they want to do so. Link to 2 idea's that you could use.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
I guess thats how capitalism Works...
Supply and demand..
And Overall the legendary things capt thier value (in my opinion)
Just the special ones like Steel Stinger (Sentinel only)
Or Griffion (Legio only)
They dropped becuz not enough demand, you need a rich Person Who like to have a specific class, and thats often not the Case, so every one want to sell thier special Legendary and the supply gets high.

In my opinion this hole marketplace is freezing, becus rich people have everything they want and dont trade anymore.
Like back in 2015 Most Players had one high end Hero, but liked to Play another class one Month later.
So they traded and the market was Fluid.
Now this isnt the Case anymore, so market get Stuck thats how its supposed to work, if the Money stuck on some place (rich people) the hole System does not work.

Less gold is made with less active servers daily, I had no problem making gold by turning XP when I was playing more actively. Regarding Steel Stinger, the recipe you found on my thread is from april, therefor outdated, next recipe will have only 1x offering as the other similar swords as you could see that are from later date.
[Image: dpcfmq0qegd53mozg.jpg]
Loki Kills: 357
Thor Kills: 330
Odin Kills: 259
Prince Kills: 401
King Ragnar Kills: 258

House Crafting: Support 39, Defender 33, Attacker 30
  Alchemist: Lvl 36
Blacksmith: Lvl 21
Armorsmith: Lvl 32
Griffon is that low as it had been dropped a lot of times in the past and almost everyone who needs one has one.

About the Steel-Stinger, Sentinel is a bareley picked class so (almost) noone will buy it.

The amount of gold you get per run has been the same, the amount of ppl playing is lower so less gold gets into the economy. If your stockpile of Gold is gone that does not mean the economy has a problem, it just means you upgraded more and more and played less.

Obviously ppl sitting on tons of stuff collecting all kinds of legendaries and not trading stops the flow of the market, but thats nothing you could do sth about (exept of getting your values to sth the community would pay).

Been able to sacrifice would give legis a fixed value and the devs have pointed out nothing like that will happen. (Besides the fact that it does not hurt you to own a few Griffons... Sell them cheap, gift them away (I know that wont happen either way but dont complain then))
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
(29-12-2018, 08:53 AM)Lothar Wrote: Just the special ones like Steel Stinger (Sentinel only)
Or Griffion (Legio only)
They dropped becuz not enough demand, you need a rich Person Who like to have a specific class, and thats often not the Case, so every one want to sell thier special Legendary and the supply gets high.
(29-12-2018, 09:46 AM)Julia. Wrote: Griffon is that low as it had been dropped a lot of times in the past and almost everyone who needs one has one.

About the Steel-Stinger, Sentinel is a bareley picked class so (almost) noone will buy it.

Steel Stinger and Griffion are examples of what will happen to more things if the community wants gold more witch it's on track too. We as a community from day 1 of upgrades are spending more a lot more gold then we are making by playing. Eventually the gold from "poor people" flows to the rich and stays there till its used in upgrades. The mid tr player back in 2015-2016 had a few mill in gold and I would just move on looking for a bigger fish... now I get excited when I see 1m in a trade offer.

(29-12-2018, 08:53 AM)Lothar Wrote: In my opinion this hole marketplace is freezing, becus rich people have everything they want and dont trade anymore.
Like back in 2015 Most Players had one high end Hero, but liked to Play another class one Month later.
So they traded and the market was Fluid. 
(29-12-2018, 09:46 AM)Julia. Wrote: The amount of gold you get per run has been the same, the amount of ppl playing is lower so less gold gets into the economy. If your stockpile of Gold is gone that does not mean the economy has a problem, it just means you upgraded more and more and played less.

Obviously ppl sitting on tons of stuff collecting all kinds of legendaries and not trading stops the flow of the market, but thats nothing you could do sth about (exept of getting your values to sth the community would pay).

Ye that's what happens the rich are rich from getting gifted stuff, playing too much, Paying for stuff, a gud trade or 2 etc... and most 1%ers have done most of that.

The growing % of people that have excess stuff with nowhere to put it... Its why I'm stuck with double ups of stuff i don't use and some of those I have just learn to live with as my "trophies" just because it's overpopulated vs its counterparts or other factors.

(29-12-2018, 09:19 AM)Nka19 Wrote: Steel Stinger, the recipe you found on my thread is from april, therefor outdated, next recipe will have only 1x offering as the other similar swords as you could see that are from later date.

Guess that's better but doesn't help with the problem of it costing more than itself x (idc). For the Griffion upgrade is well "normal" but itself is not being it was once... etc. If the upgraded was change to something more fitting or something was done about its stupid numbers then someone would maybe upgrade it but for now its just a joke. Even if let's say Knight helm or one of the others was made the Leg helm and Griffion was made an all heroes so then we have the numbers spread out more.

(29-12-2018, 09:46 AM)Julia. Wrote: Been able to sacrifice would give legis a fixed value and the devs have pointed out nothing like that will happen. (Besides the fact that it does not hurt you to own a few Griffons... Sell them cheap, gift them away (I know that wont happen either way but dont complain then))

Does Basic Wood have a fixed value? The devs have said a lot of things over the years and have changed their minds in the time of some updates.

The richest people in any area almost never give away good value to people that are in the same normal place you were in. It's not like they going to be dead next time i want to see them... Even as an example I once gave some stuff to someone and within half a year that value was traded out of his account. Poor people are new people that don't know how to do most things and giving away things to the middle class just feels like pandering to they wish of being, where you worked too be.

Yea I've given away a few mill here and there in my time but that should not be a solution to a problem of having too many goods.

(29-12-2018, 05:37 AM)Woody Wrote: I would guess most people value it over "10m" yet putting it this low and it still won't sell is something ells. Shows the hunger players have for gold atm...

I don't think all that many people would value Steel Stinger anything close to that. I got mine for 3 million gold + 2 million in materials in May 2018.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(31-12-2018, 11:48 PM)Malong Wrote:
(29-12-2018, 05:37 AM)Woody Wrote: I would guess most people value it over "10m" yet putting it this low and it still won't sell is something ells. Shows the hunger players have for gold atm...

I don't think all that many people would value Steel Stinger anything close to that. I got mine for 3 million gold + 2 million in materials in May 2018.

Even back then when I looked one around that time it was going for more.

Think you just got a better deal. If that's got to do with it being gold and mats just helps my case I guess.

Found that in a quick search just shows very close to when you bought it for 5 mil that it was actually going for more.

It's some months in between but it just shows it can't have gone down that fast.

https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthrea...el+stinger

(01-01-2019, 01:56 AM)Woody Wrote:
(31-12-2018, 11:48 PM)Malong Wrote:

Even back then when I looked one around that time it was going for more.

Think you just got a better deal. If that's got to do with it being gold and mats just helps my case I guess.

Found that in a quick search just shows very close to when you bought it for 5 mil that it was actually going for more.

It's some months in between but it just shows it can't have gone down that fast.

https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthrea...el+stinger

That post doesn't put any concrete number on it though.

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
(01-01-2019, 02:31 AM)Malong Wrote: That post doesn't put any concrete number on it though.

Sure but then we go down the road of "value" which is never concrete in Ni unless your paying in gold and even then its meh. 1g Bulwark anyone? 

Do people overpay when using items of ok/bad quality (stuff that's not needed) or do the people that pay pure gold or almost pure get a discount? I would argue it can be either just depends on whos in the trade and a lot of other factors.

I really can't be fucked to look at my trades as I will be there for years finding them but my shop keeps track of a basic idea of what the trade would have been. it's not rare at all that I would do 2-3+ trades just to get something to use in the final post trade you see.

March 22nd
-Illustrious
-Dragon Halberd
-Royal Sniper Helmet
-Eastern Greaves

+Ragnar's Wrath
+Aurora Blade
+Heavy Bear Hood

March 29th
-Dark Gothic Gauntlets
-Steel Stinger
-Heavy Bear Armour
-Ebony Bow

+Cursed Gothic Gauntlets
+Elegy

April 1st
-Stag Bow

+Ullr's Bane
+Ragnar's Wrath
+Dwarf Axe
+Dragon Axe
+Royal Shield

April 16th
-2xRagnar's Wrath - no idea how but I think he did end up with at least one

+Pride

June 1st
-Black Arrows
-Ornate Bascinet 
-Ragnar's Wrath 

+Twig of Yggdrasil
+Dragon Breath
+Swadian Heavy Mail 
+Hero's Mercy

Just some examples I could find on Stinger/RW from my own trading and I'm sure others have paid a lot more than I would have. From looking at that and knowing Ragnar's Wrath in that time frame has always been a poker chip that I've never wanted but at the time put an (X-Y) value on it. (buying for 8-10m sell for 11-12+m) ish

Also, I do remember selling an illus at that time for almost 10m cash (think it may have been 8 or 9 + some stuff?) 

like I said if I go to page 100 on my bank Id for trades I land on 2017/04/10

(01-01-2019, 04:44 AM)Woody Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 02:31 AM)Malong Wrote: That post doesn't put any concrete number on it though.

Sure but then we go down the road of "value" which is never concrete in Ni unless your paying in gold and even then its meh. 1g Bulwark anyone? 

Just some examples I could find on Stinger/RW from my own trading and I'm sure others have paid a lot more than I would have. From looking at that and knowing Ragnar's Wrath in that time frame has always been a poker chip that I've never wanted but at the time put an (X-Y) value on it. (buying for 8-10m sell for 11-12+m) ish

Also, I do remember selling an illus at that time for almost 10m cash (think it may have been 8 or 9 + some stuff?) 

like I said if I go to page 100 on my bank Id for trades I land on 2017/04/10

None of those transactions put any value or evidence of Steel Stinger being 10 million. And only one of those four transactions even had Steel Stinger in it. Let's face reality, it's a weapon for a suboptimal class; 3 million gold seems about right.