Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Open] EU - Ping
Hi Dev-Team!

I have a few questions concerning the worsened ping on EU servers during a considerable
amount of time throughout the day.

What is this about? Is this going to stay like that and if not so: For how long will this last?

My impression is that a lot of people come from EU countries and won't be pleased about it.
The change to the worse ping took place a few days ago. Before that I had in Germany an
average ping of 45. During the day I now have one about 130, sometimes worse than on an
NA server. Late in the evening it changes back to 45, so I suggest the hosts change at that time.

Can you explain this to the people please?!
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
I've had a high ping for about the last week, its a known issue which you cant really solve. I've had better ping on NA than EU during that time and a regular ping on other mods. Tonight it solved itself and went back to 40ish, I hope it doesn't appear again within the next few months.
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
Bump! I atleast still have the same problem and i think Green does aswell
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
(03-02-2019, 07:55 PM)Thunderstorm Wrote: Bump! I atleast still have the same problem and i think Green does aswell

you don't even play
The problem persists. The fact that it goes back in nighttime (CET) to a normal ping
makes it really strange...Don't really know what to do about it.
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
What about other online games?
No need
I have a normal ping early in the morning/ night and in other online games i have a normal ping

No u Soviet
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
(04-02-2019, 06:37 AM)Thunderstorm Wrote: I have a normal ping early in the morning/ night and in other online games i have a normal ping

No u Soviet

Same
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
I had the same problem until a couple weeks ago. Ping was normal in the morning (40ms) and went up in the evening to about 130 ms. After about two weeks of this happening, I replaced my custom DNS servers with Google's DNS server and forced my router to reboot. Then the problem was resolved.

Before that, I used a VPN as a workaround. When using a nearby VPN server I actually managed to get my ping down to 30ms, which makes me think that my provider's routing was the culprit.
---
"I'll sell it for less, and that's cutting me own throat." | My Steam Profile

[Image: j8ybJIA.png]
I highly doubt it's something caused by NordInvasion and their servers. What I think is that the delay is caused by a overloaded root node. To clarify this: there is no direct connection between you and the NordInvasion servers. It bounces over a couple of nodes before it reached the NordInvasion servers. Usually the first call is the DNS server which translates a website url to an IP and is then passed through other nodes. You can see where the delay is coming from by opening cmd, the windows command promt, and running the "tracert" command. If you want to get a clarification of the results, please PM me them or check Google what tracert does.