Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Stores in the Marketplace
I've seen people posting their inventories in the Trading forum, but I think it would be much easier for both buyers and sellers if people could have their own stores in the Marketplace, this way both individual players would be able to set their own price for what they're selling on a larger scale than just selling items one at a time in the Auction Hall.

It would also allow Houses to have their own shop set up, which I feel would add a bit of an economic dimension to this mod because each House would inevitably be competing with one another to attract the most customers.

Opening a store would be similar to starting a House, with a start-up fee and a daily/weekly fee for upkeep, although you wouldn't need the minimum two people like to do with a House.

Anyone else think this could work?
"You wish the world was clean, but I'm in love with the way it's dirty"

good idea, but i had somewhat of a similar idea and they said it would ruin the point of the auction hall. But i dunno. personally id be glad to see this implemented.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
I like the Auction Hall, but there are too many people who think if they put up 5 Cloth for 5000 gold people are going to buy it. It's a bit cluttered at the moment and being able to search for an individual or House store will make it easier to find the people who actually have an understanding of marketplace dynamics.

Believe me, I know. As it is now the place is flooded with people wanting to get rich quick without putting into any thought into how ridiculous their prices are, which in turn makes it a pain to find the people who do sell in a competitive manner. Although it does ensure whatever I put up gets sold almost immediately.

(17-01-2012, 02:53 AM)Annoying_Archer link Wrote: Yes, now I'm starting to enjoy it; I sell my excess materials; Cloth. And I made a fortune off of it.

^there is a working get rich quick right thereĀ  ;D

anyway, this is a good idea but it should only before houses (if every player had one there would just be to many for the Devs/admins to deal with. it could also be a way to get income for the houses besides donations: the store is cloth for 100 gold, the player gets 80 the house gets 20 (or something like that)

Not every player would have a store though, just how there are only a handful of houses available even though anyone can start one. Most people would stick with trying to sell their cloth for 500-1000 while the ones who are a little more serious about makng a profit could have their stores.

And yes, house stores were the main inspiration behind this idea, but there's no reason an individual shouldn't be able to open a store of their own and enjoy all the profit.

(20-01-2012, 12:25 PM)Pat_the_Bunny link Wrote: Not every player would have a store though, just how there are only a handful of houses available even though anyone can start one. Most people would stick with trying to sell their cloth for 500-1000 while the ones who are a little more serious about makng a profit could have their stores.

There is a good reason people were selling cloth for that much. They weren't stupid. Armorsmiths could make easy profits buying cloth at high prices because they could sell Heraldic Mail with Surcoat directly to the Marketplace for 26343. Patch 0.3.0 changed that sell price to around 6 thousand, which is why the cloth prices have been dropping so rapidly. It's now down to about 200.
I think you were the one who told me the materails needed for the heraldic mail, of which you need 45 cloth. At 500 a piece just the cloth would come to 22,500 gold, so after everything is bought and paid for the smith would be in the red. Selling cloth for 500 was never really a great idea, let alone the 1000 I've seen it go for. Granted the price of cloth has dropped, but there are still people cluttering the auction hall with their ridiculous prices.

Some people were desperately trying to get their armorsmith up to level 15 and didn't mind losing a few hundred gold per heraldic mail since it gives 320 XP. Whatever the case was, the cloth was definitely selling at more than 500. I know this because a lot of times I would try to buy cloth at 500-550 (the break even point for me was roughly 585), and I would get a red message telling me that it had already been bought. Anything at 500 got bought within seconds before patch 0.3.0.

There's still a few people selling at high prices probably because they don't realize what changes happened and the fact that nobody is willing to pay that much anymore. Scanning through the cloth auctions right now, I have to go to the 3rd page to even find something higher than 300. Just about everyone has settled on 200-300.