Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Change Legendary chance to pseudorandom
(28-01-2019, 11:03 AM)Julia. Wrote: Wouldn't add bots killed as this does not reward RGs (or instead add sth for them), and with the recent cading update we really need them on most maps (besides Royal Observatory with Aila + Volcs more or less)
Yeah, can't be based on kills or once again we see infantry no more.
Yet, still if there was introduced system based on wins/time in game or whatever, it should be pseudorandom. Complete randomness, in game where relying on pure luck is the only way to advance further is simply idiotic. And as Green_Dragon sugessted, there should be poll about this.
Guess who's back?
(28-01-2019, 10:17 PM)Rydell Wrote: Yet, still if there was introduced system based on wins/time in game or whatever, it should be pseudorandom. Complete randomness, in game where relying on pure luck is the only way to advance further is simply idiotic. And as Green_Dragon sugessted, there should be poll about this.

You can make the poll 

It's under the edit options 

1. What we have atm
2. Whats in the 1st post
3. Some other

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Unfortunately polls Can't be added to an exisiting post. Would have to create new one but first I would prefer if there was a word from a developer about this idea, if its possible and what is there opinion about it.
Guess who's back?
(29-01-2019, 12:11 AM)Rydell Wrote: Unfortunately polls Can't be added to an exisiting post. Would have to create new one but first I would prefer if there was a word from a developer about this idea, if its possible and what is there opinion about it.

The poll should include both the pity-system as suggested by Coco and the pseudorandom drops.
I was also thinking about running one and was planning to give it 1-2 days for a dev to respond to
this first. If that doesn't happen I will do so if I don't see your poll first. It's about time sth happens in
this respect.
The droprates upgrade for mats shows that change is (can be made) possible! Smile
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
(28-01-2019, 07:32 AM)Coconut Wrote: I would suggest a pity timer type system, where if you play 50-100 rag runs without looting your loot chance goes up 2-3x until you loot. then it gets reset back to 1.

However... theres like no way the devs would TRACK these stats and impliment this type of system sadly. Maybe... very doubtful

In dota you can buy treasure chests and treasure chests comes with a drop list, categorized into rarity tier. And those treasure chests have escalating drop chances for rarer items, meaning that the odds of obtaining them increase with the number of treasures opened and resets to 0 whenever you get a rare item. So a system like this could be iplemented.
NordInvasion Wiki

Brigadine Plated Black -  20/01/16
Dragon Spear - 17/03/18
I have a few concerns regarding pseudo randomness. The idea Coconut provided is easily exploitable (also brought up by Thunderstorm, I think); a player can simply boost his legendary change by spamming a ton of normal runs and switch to only doing ragnarok to ensure the best possible loot, by joining wave 12, going to spectator and join back once Odin is the last one alive.

While development might seem to be progressing rapidly, it has almost stagnated on the web side. Kip is, at this moment, very busy with real life stuff. It doesn't help that I am pumping a ton of pull requests which all require review.

I don't see it happen that we'll switch to a different loot system anytime soon.

(28-01-2019, 09:33 AM)Woody Wrote:
(28-01-2019, 09:10 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: Ever since winter left we have did little to no changes to the current drop system.

Ye ok my point is why do you see mats being so different from legendaries.

I don't
(29-01-2019, 11:09 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: I have a few concerns regarding pseudo randomness. The idea Coconut provided is easily exploitable (also brought up by Thunderstorm, I think); a player can simply boost his legendary change by spamming a ton of normal runs and switch to only doing ragnarok to ensure the best possible loot, by joining wave 12, going to spectator and join back once Odin is the last one alive.
As suggested before it should be certain boss waves that count. Like: Boss killed-->No Loot-->Increased Loot Chance.
How do you spam Normal Runs with people joining at least on wave 12. It takes you time to get there. Time most people
don't have or don't have the patience for. Only bosses that actually drop should be effectively increasing the pity rate.

Wouldn't it even be possible, if not achievable otherwise, to exclude Normal completely? Making the first boss to be effective
6 Hard would be more than sufficient, wouldn't it?! Also: Can you imagine the shitstorm for someone staying in spec until
Odin in wave 15? I think you should trust in this case the immense group pressure that would be put on an individual that
tries this stunt.
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
(29-01-2019, 11:09 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: I have a few concerns regarding pseudo randomness. The idea Coconut provided is easily exploitable (also brought up by Thunderstorm, I think); a player can simply boost his legendary change by spamming a ton of normal runs and switch to only doing ragnarok to ensure the best possible loot, by joining wave 12, going to spectator and join back once Odin is the last one alive.

While development might seem to be progressing rapidly, it has almost stagnated on the web side. Kip is, at this moment, very busy with real life stuff. It doesn't help that I am pumping a ton of pull requests which all require review.

I don't see it happen that we'll switch to a different loot system anytime soon.

A fix I would suggest to stop players from abusing the system would be to have separate loot chances on different game modes, this means your pseudorandom chance won't transfer from normal to hard etc. Not sure if it would be possible though. Would be great if you could enlighten us about it.

Also, regarding wave 12 join, this also happens now, so as it has been suggested before, adding playtime increasing loot chance would be beneficial. Not a lot of players want to start a run, usually its the people who want to play solo that start the server. Maybe this system would encourage players to start from wave 1 to have higher possibility of legendaries.
Guess who's back?
(29-01-2019, 12:07 PM)Rydel Wrote: A fix I would suggest to stop players from abusing the system would be to have separate loot chances on different game modes, this means your pseudorandom chance won't transfer from normal to hard etc.  Not sure if it would be possible though. Would be great if you could enlighten us about it.

Also, regarding wave 12 join, this  also happens now, so as it has been suggested before, adding playtime increasing loot chance would be beneficial. Not a lot of players want to start a run, usually its the people who want to play solo that start the server. Maybe this system would encourage players to start from wave 1 to have higher possibility of legendaries.

This! Smile 

And...what's most important, even if it's not clear which specifications it has, is to do the first step and say: "Ok we need
a change to the current unfair status quo. Something has to happen. Let's talk and poll and discuss possible alternatives
until something useful comes out of it!"

Thus people see that there is the will to do it and get motivated to participate in the evolvement of it. If you say from the
start "Not going to happen!", of course there is discouragement and frustration. In this case however I would suggest a
distinguished try as this is something that could have an even bigger positive impact than the droprate update did.
People already see that things are changing and against the odds, they are coming back as you can notice on the servers.
My impression in this regard is, that it's because they are hopeful about the outcome of such change and apart from that,
realize once again the potential of the mod, in particular when having the feeling of being listend to.
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance