Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: whut u wunt
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tell me plz
48.48%
16 48.48%
I like believing in myths
21.21%
7 21.21%
Seeing people shrine for luck is fun
30.30%
10 30.30%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

disclosure of the loot system
(30-01-2019, 08:16 PM)Winter Wrote: Alright, I suppose it is time you all finally get disclosure.  It has been several years for many of you and it is well deserved at this point:

When a bot spawns, the game takes inventory of the players on the server to decide if that bot will have a legendary on it.  This takes into account number of max level characters on the server, class distribution (closer to .25 for each of the 4 means higher rate to nerf loot rate of kiting runs or runs without infantry), and how many characters each player has (hence why we banned people for spamming new characters that were, for all intents and purposes, infinite anyways).  Once it is decided if the bot will drop a legendary, the game rolls for the different legendary items in that bot's pool.  This is where developers have the greatest influence, as we can adjust the pool and chance of each legendary in the pool individually.  Once the bot is killed, the server then evaluates the players present for assist experience and distributes the chance of each of them receiving the legendary selected.  This is weighted based on support level, character level, account ID (higher is better since lower account IDs have already had a chance to get loot and we want new players to get loot to have an incentive to stay), and chance points.  Chance points are maintained by developers and unknowingly by the admin team - kicks, official warnings, and bans all lower points, adminship gives you some points, and developers can add or subtract points at will from given accounts.

Please note that this only applies to legendaries, not materials.

this aint serious is it? If yes then this simply can't be the key to a more ballanced lootsystem.
23.02.2018 - Brigadine Plated Red 
10.02.2019 - Rupturer
30.12.2019 - Legacy
14.03.2020 - Leviathan's Helmet
05.02.2021 - Illustrious
12.02.2021 - Brigadine plated Red
20.03.2021 - Rending Bolts
21.05.2021 - Pike of Kings
(30-01-2019, 08:16 PM)Winter Wrote: Alright, I suppose it is time you all finally get disclosure.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRY4-9g3Vl8i9KFTCLUy17...PBu2xDJKOw]
---
"I'll sell it for less, and that's cutting me own throat." | My Steam Profile

[Image: j8ybJIA.png]
How much does Chance Points actually Influence the player choose system not gonna lie thats stupid i understand that people who break rules etc should get an punishment but people simply can get kicked cuz of afking  helping an family member  or gf/Bf

That kinda sucks the Chance Point system not gonna lie

and with the ID shouldnt get Old players rewarded for actually staying and playing that mod that long ? I understand that the Dev team tries to get new players but fucking the old loyal players with it is kinda "intresting" i would say

How does the Inventory of the players actually decide if the bots have a legendary or not if you have more HC and Legendarys does that lower the chance to get legendarys or higher it

Winter is actually trolling
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
From what I could tell its real as part of the rumours I didn't say turned out to be true. New ids just have a better chance to loot. Well what do you say for people like me that already have the 16 Heroes.

One day last year I just had a look at my loots for why they could have been. Turns out most of my loots have been on fairly new characters at that time. So I'm guessing it's actually a pretty big percentage.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Time for new chars i guess lol
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
I don´t care at this point, I´m not playing this game anymore only very rarely for a nice kiting run with Nka19. But in my active times I´d always tell Nka19 "another admin looted, they have higher loot chances". Seems I was right all along, funny.
(30-01-2019, 09:30 AM)Bobo Wrote: Let's relax a bit and enjoy a run with friends. Something drops or not, is that rly a problem, especially for those who already have top gear and need nothing more?

You post this every fucking time in these threads. Obviously, you do not speak for everybody!
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(30-01-2019, 08:23 PM)Woody Wrote:
(30-01-2019, 08:16 PM)Winter Wrote: Obvious utter hogwash
Exactly what I was looking for thank you

No lol, Kaasovic already gave you what you were looking for.  The only part he got wrong was that each player is assigned a random number when they join the server and that is the order the server rolls for loot in.  This means that technically your chance of looting is reduced a tiiiiny amount for each player that joins and happens to get a lower number than you.

For anyone that was fooled by this, please take a moment to reflect on this amalgamation of several of the silly, nonsensical rumors that have floated around this community. Pointlessly convoluted, of course it is a straight up RNG system.

(30-01-2019, 08:47 PM)Cut-Me-Own-Throat-Dibbler Wrote:
(30-01-2019, 08:16 PM)Winter Wrote: Alright, I suppose it is time you all finally get disclosure.

Thanks Wink
(30-01-2019, 10:04 PM)Winter Wrote:
(30-01-2019, 08:23 PM)Woody Wrote:
(30-01-2019, 08:16 PM)Winter Wrote: Obvious utter hogwash
Exactly what I was looking for thank you

No lol, Kaasovic already gave you what you were looking for.  The only part he got wrong was that each player is assigned a random number when they join the server and that is the order the server rolls for loot in.  This means that technically your chance of looting is reduced a tiiiiny amount for each player that joins and happens to get a lower number than you.

For anyone that was fooled by this, please take a moment to reflect on this amalgamation of several of the silly, nonsensical rumors that have floated around this community.  Pointlessly convoluted, of course it is a straight up RNG system.

(30-01-2019, 08:47 PM)Cut-Me-Own-Throat-Dibbler Wrote:

Thanks Wink

Okay, but are you looking forward to improve the system or you want it to be left the same as it is right now?

Games nowadays tend to stray away from full RNG and opt for pseudoRNG for balance purposes. To name an example - DotA 2:
In 2015 there was a lot memes happening with its RNG - heroes that have 13% chance for stun with each hit, sometimes would stun 8 times in a row. Was it fair for the other player that he was permastunned and couldn't perform any actions, because of pure luck of the enemy?
Award winning short clip, had a meme, where rng gives one player huge advantage - stunning (link) and also evading attacks - 15% chance (link). Situations like this aren't taken nicely, especially in competetive games. Due to situations like this, RNG was changed to pseudoRNG, simply because of balance. 

Ofcourse NI isn't a competetive game, and randomness doesn't take place with skills like in DotA 2, but it is still takes place in important aspect of gameplay - items, legendaries give advantage to the player, and due to RNG not everyone is blessed with them, no matter how good they are.
Guess who's back?
Kinda depends on the intention of getting a legendary though, how important it is for some people. (Im not knowledgeable in this, just sharing my thoughts)

Do people seek legendaries because of the stats or as an item of prestige? Is that were the importance usually lie? For me personally, i would probably seek them out for their damage output rather than some arbitrary glory hunt. (And to be perfecly clear, i am not accusing anyone looking for legendarys to be posh)

In my experience, for the last 8 years of playing i have yet to loot a single legendary, doesn´t really affect the fun for me though, rather, it keeps the end goal kicking.
"Warriors of the World" x2 Ragnar x1 Prince 1x Loki