Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Thor............
(03-02-2013, 06:19 AM)Waringham link Wrote: [quote author=Swadius link=topic=9600.msg78666#msg78666 date=1359848127]
[quote author=Hablam link=topic=9600.msg78373#msg78373 date=1359797203]
i understand you point barristan but think of the quest "legacy of a hero" now it is nearly impossible for a comando to complete this quest exept he grabs a ranged weapon and lands the last hit with much luck since he can't aim so well

Infan5ry are also much less likely to get drops too, perhaps impossible on the Thor wave since everyone that volunteers to shield will die before Thor is killed.
[/quote]
So what if they get the "kill" for assisting odin/thor. Its hard enough now to kill them and the reward is not that high..
[/quote]

The exp and gold might not be very high, and you're right, most of the infantry or people playing aren't interested in getting the killing blow, but I suspect that there's a lot of us out there that play and try to get to Odin and Thor because we want a legendary drop. Playing a class where you're guaranteed not to be around when the drop chance takes place is certainly not a good thing.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

What I see this at patch before wave 16 at hard is, SHOOT THOR FIRST! And things like that.
At patch 4.7 everyone said: DON"T SHOOT THOR! And things like that.
It's a real difference between it, and to be honest, I like it.
Sold my Volundr Great Sword at the 4th of May, 2014.

Steam: Sinister_Soldier
So what if they get the "kill" for assisting odin/thor. Its hard enough now to kill them and the reward is not that high..
[Spoiler]My legendaries: Nothing ;(
HA! got a aketon!

Accounts: Aegis_Waringham/Tudor/Cumberland/Trolling_Assasin

Steam:Waringham
[Spoiler]
Thor does seem a little too powerful, and does mitigate the usefulness of infantry. There is also the issue which Swadius brought up that Commandoes will almost always never get a drop from Thor. There is no equivalent for Archers which puts them in such grave danger.

I like the idea of explosion damage, it mitigates the nigh-invincibility of shields, but one shotting infantry seems a bit overboard and "un-fun". I definitely do see value in 2-3 shots to kill.

I haven't seen enough of Thor and his beatability so I can't completely comment, until I've seen him more.

I am really don't like the changed Prince. According to data in IRC, you must have sharpshooter bows to even do damage to Prince (and even then, only in the foot or very little?). Cut weapons (the vast majority of weapons for Commandos), don't even do damage to Prince. Only a few very high end pole arms (and even then fairly little damage) and Jarids (which don't do too much significant damage and are significantly weaker than their legendary counterparts). You must have fairly high end crossbows (which do middling damage).

Basically it seems if you want to beat the Prince, you better already be obscenely rich and have very strong legendaries, or you shouldn't even try. Before it was too easy, most people could do it. Now a middling team (with none of the incredible super wealthy with high end legendaries) can't really do Prince at all. I can't see any of the new houses even getting close to Prince even with perfect teamwork. It very much perpetuates the "old boys club" where the super wealthy and powerful always have to carry and that the newer players can't succeed on their own merit. I don't feel thats how normal mode was designed in mind, to basically force you into having a couple of really powerful characters to defeat Prince, but rather a mode where the middle class can play and win. While I like his new difficulty, it seems to have gone slightly overboard. Normal should promote normal players to work well together to achieve victory and not require rich players and their expensive legendaries to beat them. Before, most half-decent teams could beat Prince, now its almost requisite that you have a couple of the top tier/rich players from SK/VLKA/LK/ON etc. to beat Prince for you.

I overall like the direction of the changes, but they definitely could use significant tweaking. A big issue is how current viable strategies feel very abusive (like many contingent on using tome over and over again to amass a huge amount of barricades and barrels).
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/l3m/
Also on NI TS and IRC.
Commando: [Lemon]
Sniper: SK_LemonAde
(03-02-2013, 07:48 PM)Waringham link Wrote: So what if they get the "kill" for assisting odin/thor. Its hard enough now to kill them and the reward is not that high..

(03-02-2013, 07:08 AM)Swadius link Wrote: [quote author=Waringham link=topic=9600.msg78732#msg78732 date=1359872370]

The exp and gold might not be very high, and you're right, most of the infantry or people playing aren't interested in getting the killing blow, but I suspect that there's a lot of us out there that play and try to get to Odin and Thor because we want a legendary drop. Playing a class where you're guaranteed not to be around when the drop chance takes place is certainly not a good thing.
[/quote]
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

Let the dev team do its thing and see what we come up with.