Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Should creative contests be introduced?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! Let there be another contest!
61.54%
16 61.54%
Naah, It's fine.
38.46%
10 38.46%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Bring back the contest! (+Poll)
So, as far as I know, there was only one modeling contest with reasonable rewards for contributing, and I think it would be a great idea to make another contest - not only model based but also map, 2d art, music or maybe something else?
I've added a poll so community could vote what do they think about this.

In the past, there were rewards for winning such contest. For modeling it was THE ITEM ITSELF (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthrea...ht=contest).
As of right now, there is nothing rewarding for submiting your work, besides pink coloration of username on forums. 
This issue was talked about back in 2013 (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthrea...ht=contest) and to this day, there is no real benefit for contributing.
So let's do the "Ahh, It's rewind time" and bring back good old times.
Let's make Creative Contest where rewards are simmilar to the first modeling contest or let's createregular rewards for submissions.

So to sum up. I think there should be another contest hosted and it should be split into parts: 3D, 2D, maps etc.
Rewards should be encouraging for players, maybe every submission could be rewarded is some way, and most importantly - the mod would benefit from this.
The winner could be chosen by a communtiy by voting under his artwork.

What do you think?
Guess who's back?
If I was modelling or mapping, I honestly would not care the reward. I would do it to improve myself while contributing to the game without expecting a reward. Also, I believe those contests were being made because of the lack of modellers and mappers in dev team(still not sure).
NordInvasion Wiki

Brigadine Plated Black -  20/01/16
Dragon Spear - 17/03/18
The amount of contributors for this mod has lowered significantly over the years. in the map area, I'm the main one doing most map bugs,fixes and I have changes I want to do to maps later on when I have time to finish them. There are currently 2 maps submissions that have to be tested and given the OK by Kip to get in-game. In terms of models from what I know there is Terath as dev for this area and then Rydell and Zocki and with game-code there arent any for.

I'd be keen to see other peoples map creations or also edits to current maps
A loot a year keeps the interested here

I do maps btw lol
I think that this is a great idea. I don't know if I currently have time to do something similar to this, but I think that a return of contributor contests would be nice, and would encourage more people to contribute.
However, the rewards are a pretty nebulous area... I don't think it's really the best idea to give people the item they create, for issues as was stated in the linked post. I would fully support giving rewards for winning the contests, though, whether it be materials or gold, similar to the tournaments.

Beyond that, contributing is donating your time and effort to helping the mod. There was never meant to be a reward for donating your time outside of the contests. Nobody that works on the mod gets paid, in gold or items or real money. It's fair to want compensation for your work, but we view it the same as donating - you donate your money / time / effort because you care about the mod and want to support it. If you donate or contribute because you want compensation, you're probably at the wrong place. As such, submissions (map, model, frequent, infrequent, etc.) do not and most likely will not receive compensation. This doesn't apply to contests, though, in which we will give out rewards to the winners or participants of said events.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(24-02-2019, 01:18 AM)Terath Wrote: I don't think it's really the best idea to give people the item they create

Give them that model just with different stats eg if you made the rups model and you did win well the one you get given is the stats of idk cts usable by all? Something that's not op but still is unique as its a 1 of 1 and has good stats.

Then you may give out other rewards to 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(24-02-2019, 02:33 AM)Woody Wrote:
(24-02-2019, 01:18 AM)Terath Wrote: I don't think it's really the best idea to give people the item they create

Give them that model just with different stats eg if you made the rups model and you did win well the one you get given is the stats of idk cts usable by all? Something that's not op but still is unique as its a 1 of 1 and has good stats.

I would be alright with that, if the item given is always a cosmetic.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(24-02-2019, 02:36 AM)Terath Wrote:
(24-02-2019, 02:33 AM)Woody Wrote:

I would be alright with that, if the item given is always a cosmetic.

Ye anything else and you may get outside sources trying to win just to sell the reward.

cough* cough* Au pvp

I think a cosmetic would be the best reward
It would act as a nice acknowledgment without giving the people a edge over those who don't and or can't contribute
I love the idea, a cosmetic item similar to like how donator torch was a thing maybe... Contributers Torch Wink
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy
(24-02-2019, 03:28 AM)Coconut Wrote: I love the idea, a cosmetic item similar to like how donator torch was a thing maybe... Contributers Torch Wink

Ye just don't turn it into a drop 5 years later thanks.