Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Please clarify the "etiquette" speaking in english
Hello there,

in the past weeks I did see that alot of people start getting offended?/ that people speak in other languages than english, and sometimes even report them for that.
They argue that they break a rule.

But nowhere in the rules is it mention that you have to speak english.
Further down under Etiquette it says:

Quote:Please try to speak English when holding conversations in NordInvasion's Warband servers. If we get a report of abusive language not in English, we unfortunately often cannot determine the validity of the report.

For me this means, you can speak in german, russian, french and so on. You don't have to speak english, you maybe should do it for a better conversation but there is no force to do.

My questions are now:
Do we have to speak in english or not?
Is there a point in game where you have to start speaking in english?
Can you get kicked for talking in another language by an admin?

For me now I would answer all those questions with No.
If my understanding is wrong and you can actually get kicked for that, I would realy like to see that this would move up to the rules.

Again in my opinion an etiquette for me is something you can follow but you don't have to, and it does not have a negative effect for you if you don't follow it.
A rules is something you have to follow and get punished if you don't follow it.

If an admin request that you speak english and you keep talking in another language ignoring him, is another story for me.
Than a kick is deserved.

greetings Enaroh
Characters: DB_Queens_Guard - DB_Ria_Valentine - DB_Mia_Valentine - DB_Larzarus - DB_Rilius - DB_Legiata

31.08.2018 - Black Arrows
16.02.2019 - Bulwark of Swadia
17.02.2019 - Pike of Kings
23.07.2019 - Mjolnir
29.12.2019 - Ornate Scale Armour
08.03.2020 - Pike of Kings

Proud member of the URGF.

Messages In This Thread
Please clarify the "etiquette" speaking in english - by Lyrithi - 20-03-2019, 07:30 PM