Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Why new players dont stick to the mod?
(24-03-2019, 07:05 PM)Noname Wrote: I'm probably one of those names you didn't want to list back from the rag run;
for those of you who want a little more detail: we started the rag run with 3 well equipped players, while several other players joined throughout the first few waves. We ended up with around 12 players, a quarter of which bringing no support, a large portion being equipped with marketplace gear. This resulted in wiping wave 5 in that and the following run, leading some players to discuss the matter of equipment requirements for higher difficulties.

When we adressed those players with lower tier gear (ManWeird being one of them) about their lack of performance, we got a response similar to "We meet the level requirements so we are allowed to play" - while this is a thing I can only agree with, I found it upsetting to be accused of treating lower tier players in an unfair way.
For that reason, we tried to justify our point of view by stating arguments, yet all you seemed to do was saying "Have a nice day. I'll go play on Beginner because I'm not allowed to be here". So here I am, giving you reasons for what we had to criticize:

The team we had was small, with only a fracture of players actually being equipped for Ragnarok properly (by "properly" I mean being able to carry at least the amount of pressure one causes by spawning in bots.) I'm making this claim based on the fact that nearly half of the team was using green craftables, if not marketplace gear (Jarids, War Bow, ...) in addition to not bringing any cades.
I do not judge players for trying to play runs, get loot/XP and make progress; yet a situation like this has the well-geared veterans take the heat by being forced to carry others that cannot sustain themselves so as to speak.
I like helping new players to gain a foothold in the mod, but this requires a well balanced combination of veterans + starters to work accordingly.
That being said, I will not accept my efforts of completing a run be exploited in such a way, that it not only lets badly geared players take advantage, but also puts my own success at risk, be it intentional or not.
I would like if people knew the impact that them joining a run has (especially on small teams), but the amount of such people is vanishingly low.
While this is likely to be a consequence of how few Normal/Hard runs there are, thus forcing new players to look for other runs, I find it equally unfair to just go whereever there are players and try to take advantage regardless of one's own contribution.

I don't play games to take "advantage" of someone. I was looking for a server and lo and behold a ragnarok game that I can play in. I do what I can to help but, as you said, some people are limited due to their gear.

EDIT: Also I never said I was right or tried to ruin someone's success. This isn't the only situation like this but it was the most obvious, by that I mean that other players in other games have given me hints that I don't have eligible gear and I shouldn't play. I never stated any names mainly because I don't think you had any bad intentions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why new players dont stick to the mod? - by ManWeird - 24-03-2019, 07:31 PM