Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Do you find the project useful?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
73.33%
22 73.33%
No
26.67%
8 26.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NICE
(05-05-2019, 05:13 PM)Angar Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 11:36 AM)Soviet Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 10:48 PM)Angar Wrote: I want some horned helmets ;_;

Horned helmets were ceremonial.

[Image: ifHT2ny.png]
This is ceremonial?
yeah your opponent can just grab the horns and have full control of your head
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy
(06-05-2019, 12:56 PM)Rydell Wrote: I did some adjustments that my armorsmith suggested.
Here is the v2 of previous helmet - Nord Heavy Helmet - https://p3d.in/ga5xN

Soon™

Looks like a better royal helm

with the blue, i would maybe go with a more nurture theme to go with red and blue imp.

gold, white, gry, black, silver etc something like that.

(06-05-2019, 01:59 PM)Coconut Wrote:

This is ceremonial?
yeah your opponent can just grab the horns and have full control of your head

Whats a tome? ceremonial?

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            

This is ceremonial?

[Image: UQDiaq8.png]

lol
(06-05-2019, 12:56 PM)Rydell Wrote: I did some adjustments that my armorsmith suggested.

Soon™

i would not use horned helmets lol
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(06-05-2019, 02:16 PM)Terath Wrote:

Soon™

[Image: de1c49568c43bc81d31ce3d07a0cdf22.png]

Are you going to remove them?

(06-05-2019, 02:17 PM)Woody Wrote:

Soon™

[Image: de1c49568c43bc81d31ce3d07a0cdf22.png]

Are you going to remove them?

no? just because i wont add horned helmets doesnt mean past developers wouldn't
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
If someone from the community made a map that you don't like just from the looks... When we have a map like it already...

You have a need for models/maps etc..  Why be so fussy when a good one is made just for Ni.

If you have personal taste that's fine but the key word is personal.
If you have a certain time in mind well I would ask what is it? I can't remember seeing Ragnarok being a real time.
If you don't think it's realistic well look at Japan helms for (some time here) they get so much more... Idk the word ridiculous? Even then I would ask questions about a lot of things like leather armour is a bit of a meth. That's if my memory is correct.

https://www.quora.com/Did-leather-armor-ever-exist

I was close but you get my point

Soon™

Me neither
(06-05-2019, 04:57 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:

Soon™

Me neither

Well since we're adding horned helmets, how about this beauty?

[Image: Vh6eQsC.jpg]
(06-05-2019, 04:04 PM)Woody Wrote: If someone from the community made a map that you don't like just from the looks... When we have a map like it already...

You have a need for models/maps etc..  Why be so fussy when a good one is made just for Ni.

If you have personal taste that's fine but the key word is personal.
If you have a certain time in mind well I would ask what is it? I can't remember seeing Ragnarok being a real time.
If you don't think it's realistic well look at Japan helms for (some time here) they get so much more... Idk the word ridiculous? Even then I would ask questions about a lot of things like leather armour is a bit of a meth. That's if my memory is correct.

https://www.quora.com/Did-leather-armor-ever-exist

I was close but you get my point

No, I don't get your point. The model hasn't been made yet (assumedly). If it had been, then I would discuss whether or not to add it based not just on my personal opinion, but also upon established visual style for the Nords. If I recall correctly, there are only a few helms used by Nords that have horns, both of them not being Nordic in origin or style (Maciejowski helmet for the Prince / other bosses and the Zweihander marketplace one for Bifrost Guardians). And also, if I recall correctly, it's a goal to remove both of these from the Nords.

Just because helmets and armour can get crazy in real life doesn't mean that it would make sense to have it in the mod. As was said before, horned helmets (of most kinds) were likely used only in ceremonial situations, meaning that it wouldn't be carried into battle. The Wikipedia snippit of horns on Viking helms is pretty succinct:

"Despite popular culture, there is no evidence that Vikings used horned helmets in battle as such horns would be impractical in a melee,[21] but it is possible that horned head dresses were used in ritual contexts.[31] The horned and winged helmets associated with the Vikings in popular mythology were the invention of 19th-century Romanticism.[7] The horned helmet may have been introduced in Richard Wagner's Ring opera: The male chorus wore horned helmets, while the other characters had winged helmets.[30]"

And the snippit from the Wikipedia page on horned helmets as a whole:

"Popular culture has come to associate horned helmets strongly with Viking warriors. However, there is no evidence that Viking helmets did in fact have horns.[10][11] The depiction of Vikings in horned helmets was an invention of 19th-century Romanticist Viking revival.[12] In 1876, Carl Emil Doepler created horned helmets for the first Bayreuth Festival production of Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen, which has been credited with inspiring this, even though the opera was set in Germany, not Scandinavia.[10]"

NordInvasion is low-fantasy, as stated by Wikipedia: "Low fantasy or intrusion fantasy is a subgenre of fantasy fiction where magical events intrude on an otherwise normal world, i.e. real world". The intrusion of magical events, being the gods, multi-shooting bows, etc. intrude upon the realism set by Native Warband's visual style for the Nords, which is a relatively realistic depiction in terms of visual style. The intrusion of Nordic gods and multi-shot bows would have no reason to make sort-of realistically designed Nords have horned helmets. Basically, just because there are gods and stuff doesn't mean that it the Nords have to have a helmet with horns.

Also, I'm fussy about models because it's my job to be fussy about models. Model developer is not just the making of models, it is also the management of them and the management of the visual style of the game. I strive to make NI look not like a collection of OSPs, but a mod with a distinct visual style that people can recognize as undoubtedly NI, with some degree of consistency when it comes to the models implemented. If I added models to the game simply because they looked good, we would have more models as a result, sure, but we would also have a wide variety of models that look very different in terms of visual style. It is a personal goal of Kip and I to remove all native assets and replace them with our own assets at some point; of course this is a very, very long-term goal. So, yes, I don't like horned Viking helmets because of both my personal opinion of them (which has little to no bearing) and because I really don't think it would fit the mod (which has infinitely more bearing). There are other ways to decorate a helm, just look at Valsgarde.