Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Survival Mode.
To begin with, something like this would be improbable to implement properly, but i like to play around with the idea though.

Obvious Cons* Lag, and alot of it. Trying to create an endless mode of attacking nords would be a nightmare i assume.(Per wave, not constantly) However, if i were to make one, it would be a type of "Ultimate challange" for the swadian heroes.

The nords would get progressively stronger, going from Normal to Ragnarok scale of difficulty, but also with modifiers by certain milestones to keep it interesting/ challanging. (More Health or More bots)

Players would recieve an increase in potential build Points to compesate for the larger amounts of Nords. I dont know about bosses though as this is focused on the army rather than their commanders. The map would be wide and hold multiple entrances to keep people from blocking themselves in via turtling.

Some may complain about the lack of bosses as not being able to get legendaries. That is a double-egded sword though, because i doubt the developers vision was to have the bosses farmed indefinitely.

This is not a request, this is simply an exercise of the concept.

How would you implement a Survival mode in NI?
"Warriors of the World" x2 Ragnar x1 Prince 1x Loki
(08-04-2019, 04:30 PM)oracolus Wrote: To begin with, something like this would be improbable to implement properly, but i like to play around with the idea though.

Obvious Cons* Lag, and alot of it. Trying to create an endless mode of attacking nords would be a nightmare i assume.(Per wave, not constantly) However, if i were to make one, it would be a type of "Ultimate challange" for the swadian heroes.

The nords would get progressively stronger, going from Normal to Ragnarok scale of difficulty, but also with modifiers by certain milestones to keep it interesting/ challanging. (More Health or More bots)

Players would recieve an increase in potential build Points to compesate for the larger amounts of Nords. I dont know about bosses though as this is focused on the army rather than their commanders. The map would be wide and hold multiple entrances to keep people from blocking themselves in via turtling.

Some may complain about the lack of bosses as not being able to get legendaries. That is a double-egded sword though, because i doubt the developers vision was to have the bosses farmed indefinitely.

Me personally, some months ago I drafted up a concept of a siege mode in which players had to defend four points in a castle against endless waves of Nords that get increasingly more difficult and then cap at a certain point (as there isn't enough bots). The longer you last, the more loot you would get; loot being materials and gold reward for time lasted (1000 x (minutes spent in run). Ideally, this would be a 20 man server, and the enemy count would reach 70 or 80 at the maximum.

When a player dies, instead of needing to be tomed in, they respawn every 30 seconds. This is so that the ball is kept rolling and no players are ever truly excluded. Tomes still tome people in instantly, with no wraith punishment.
Players get the chance to evacuate every 3 minutes, and is up to the player if they want to leave, not the team. If one person wants to leave, they vote to leave and get their reward on the wave they leave on, but everybody else is unaffected. This means players can leave every 3 minute cycle while still being rewarded. Players who join late into a game would respawn on the next 3 minute cycle and only get rewards for the waves that they were there for, as to keep it fair.

Barricades would still be usable like they are now, with adjusted BP (whatever that may be) pertaining to the mode. Honestly, there's not much good cading could do here besides walling off areas you temporarily want to be safe or closing off entryways. Trying to barricade when there's enemies coming from four or five spawns all along a castle wall probably wouldn't get you very far. On top of that, you still have to keep the capture points safe, so you're not really helping with that aspect either. Basically, barricading would be closer to the actual definition of barricading instead of what it currently is in NI.

A mode like would be a great place for melee characters to stretch their legs a little, which is why player health would be buffed for this mode specifically to compensate for being one-hit, as this mode would have you juggling a lot of bots and capture points. Another possible way to do this would add a hard cap to how much damage a player can take from a hit, such as you can't lose more than 90% of your HP from a single strike from 3/4 of a full healthbar, but subsequent strikes under 3/4 HP would do as much damage as intended.

There's more to it honestly, but that's the general idea of what I would do with a survival mode. Just my personal opinion, of course.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
terath, bring that mod here
Loot:
Byrllysg - 10.02.2020
Sun Glaive - 11.5.2021 
(08-04-2019, 04:30 PM)oracolus Wrote: To begin with, something like this would be improbable to implement properly, but i like to play around with the idea though.

This feels less like a new mode to me and more like all the old ones put together

I'm also not really sure how I feel about cades on that type of mode
I feel like it would be more fun if people had to only use there own skills and a team if they have it

Also really love Terath's idea
ADD TERATH PLEASE
Loots 

2018 - Sun Pike   
2018 - Severance 
2018 - Pride 
2018 - Mjolnir 
2018 - Legacy 
2018 - Ornate C. 
2018 - TigerScale A.
2019 - Dragon S. 
2019 - Gilded Bear A 
2019 - Gothic Plate 
2019 - Dark Gothic G. 
2020 - Gothic Sallet 
2020 - Defender Armour
2020 - Ailadrodd
2021 - Volundr
2021 - Hurricane

2021 - Defender G.
Sounds like Full Invasion to me, i like it Smile

I like Terath's idea
Kentoc'h mervel eget bezañ saotret
(08-04-2019, 07:10 PM)Sir Baron Wrote:

This feels less like a new mode to me and more like all the old ones put together

I feel like it would be more fun if people had to only use there own skills and a team if they have it

I Think it would be less time consuming for the Devs to use troops from all Three difficulties rather than to make all new ones, including modeling and whatnot. Cades would still be needed (I guess) to hold off the inevitable horde. Even though you are surrounded by players,( and could be strong yourself) that will only last so long Before you either die or are overrun.
(08-04-2019, 07:51 PM)Lothar Wrote: Sounds like Full Invasion to me, i like it Smile

Hopefully we can get the ball rolling.
"Warriors of the World" x2 Ragnar x1 Prince 1x Loki
(08-04-2019, 06:51 PM)Terath Wrote: ...

Be funny if a mode like this was kiteable by going from point A>B>C>D>A. 

Needing to spend 5-15 sec's to capture the point then doing that resets the timer. That timer being once not on [X] point you have [Y] minutes till the game ends. 

Would be a nice challenge vs normal waves and still is a mode i would say Inf would be better on with a full team [Maybe]. Getting spawned in every 30sec's as jugg... fuck me that sounds op.

Also, I would like it if posable to go through all the bots we have other than cav so [Normal] Wave 1 to 15 then after that Wave 1 [Hard] starts ending with wave 15 [Rag]. Yea you will have waves in this that would be custom with bot numbers/damage/armour/... but I would base it of each "normal" wave so any team could give it a go. 

+ its less work for dev's

Doing that would also mean a bit of a cool down period as wave 15 normal is not as hard as wave 1 of hard.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(09-04-2019, 03:50 AM)oracolus Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 07:10 PM)Sir Baron Wrote:

I Think it would be less time consuming for the Devs to use troops from all Three difficulties rather than to make all new ones, including modeling and whatnot. Cades would still be needed (I guess) to hold off the inevitable horde. Even though you are surrounded by players,( and could be strong yourself) that will only last so long Before you either die or are overrun.
Kind of thought the point of this mode would be you would end up over run
It would be more meant to see how far you get rather then to win
Otherwise it just sounds like you are talking about a mode that is simple Normal, Hard and Rag combined