Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg
(09-06-2019, 07:14 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 06:50 PM)Woody Wrote: Do you mean hoplite or Mara becuse avent is the 1h hero on xbow.
I have no idea to what part of my post this applies, sorry.

Looks like you said avent was a pike hero.
(09-06-2019, 06:17 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: I guess I can give all Pikeman classes, with the exception of Master Peltast, Aventurier, ..
extra health when they are in melee mode.

I would give leg, mara, hoplite, senti, sentry and avent extra HP but only when they are not using ranged.

Rg, zwei, jugg, halb and ranger have it all the time.
(09-06-2019, 06:50 PM)Woody Wrote: [...]
immune to stuns could be a ranger/halb/jugg thing. But maybe you can make it chance related with jugg having the lowest chance.
I don't really think it fits ranger as I don't see the primary use of ranger is to melee enemy bots.

As suggested in my stats thread some time ago I think ranger and halb could have better than AVG skills like jugg.

Ranger having 170/160 in 2h/1h

Halb having 200 in polearm

Maybe that idea can be only used when they are not in ranged.
(09-06-2019, 06:50 PM)Woody Wrote: "Wolfpack" if the buff is not op like the idea. 
I would be small buffs, but noticeable. For example health, damage, speed can all be increased. Kinda how Napoleonic Wars has the drummer, pipers, fifres, etc.

I've been thinking a fun event would be using only juggs on hard with heals/tomes and no cades. With that idea it may be posable as before I was not sure if we could do waves like 11 unless we shield wall.
(09-06-2019, 06:50 PM)Woody Wrote: damage reduction the ranger armour has it. The request is to give part of the "buff" to each part of the set. There's no reason why the body armour gets 100% of the buff. Leather gloves were bugged once and had1% on them so i know it can be done.

That leather gloves had 1% was a bug about a register being overwritten and yeah, it's not that hard to split them up;
all I need to do is add another line. (Checking this I noticed that a couple of awakened items do not have the buff yet DSmile
[Image: e51344857ab6884f91e78b0a0517b336.png]

It's bit off topic but I've ask for my upgraded def armour to get more than 15%. Given part of the upgrade it takes away weight I would be willing to trade that buff for more damage reduction. For how much idk.  If each part of def had some it would give people a reason to want to have a upgraded set not just the body.

Jugg boots are worth less atm just about but if it had some of the buff hopefully the people that loot in the further would be less salty if that's possible.

[/quote]

(09-06-2019, 09:12 PM)Malong Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 08:38 PM)Winter Wrote: I view Forward's argument in a similar way - many of the classes are not optimal, but some people enjoy playing them for different reasons, so it is worth having them as options, just like being a vampire is an option and you can get by without it, you just won't have optimal stats.

I agree with that stance. But in my view it's a big double standard for someone to pick the class claiming they want it for fun and enjoyment instead of maximum efficiency (which these people often claim they don't care about), and then turn around and ask for buffs to that class so it can be more competitive (again when they claimed they didn't care about it in the first place). At this point of the game, people know what they are signing up for when they train those classes.
I would agree sentry is more fun than warden like how I would agree warden is more "optimal". I don't get how if a class is said to be more fun it doesn't need a buff.

I would not even use the word fun for sentry and other classes altho it be easier. How I'm going to explain it I would use the word boring for warden and heros like that tho. Sentry and other heros like it are more of a Swiss army knife when warden/mp feel mundane. It's not more fun it just has more options so you get bored slower. The tank classes even feel more "fun" as it feels more different. Having more armour allows you to take bigger risks so ofc it would be more "fun" even if the buff was smaller than it is ATM. 

Your point realise on the "some" people as well. Many people play one of the classes we have talked about because they saw the idea of the hero and liked it better. Mara is arguably one of the heros that could of been with sentry etc. Only difference is mara has stats that make it worth having less armour than inf yet being not a ranged hero. Sentry has not as good armour and the weapons are a bit meh just as the one example when I could give lots.

The idea for sentry is grate but in practice its 2h skill is either lacking or warden with its skill is to good or it needs help in a different way. Like I said warden will always be the most picked sniper hero for the soul reason snipers uses bows 99% of the time. In saying this even if ranger had the armour of inf maybe even jugg people would still pick warden for dps.

My question to you at what point would you think about making a sniper hero that's not warden? For some people it's a joke "warden" is the only sniper hero worth going. They are right and it's sad. It should be a hard desision. ATM inf then xbow is the hardest to pick from but it's still could be a lot better. Leg vs zwei or jugg take your pick.

I've made most of my heros as playing the same hero each wave feels fucked. I injoy heros like sentry more but the meta favers any hero thats for ranged weapons. Yes even with good buffs I expect the 1st hero you go to be heros like that but after that list of warden,mp, cm.. in time 750k is not that big of a hit to your value. 750k gold for a new hero is not even 1% of a good amount of people's values yet some of them only have a handful of classes they ever plain to make. Making heros just to use skills that are meh is what people do ATM just to try to get away from the warden train.

Ranger was my 2nd or 3rd hero so this list is for the resons why over warden.
-warden did not have bows and arrows yet
-with ping the fire rate feels almost the same
-its always good to be a tank class as maybe you can live longer getting more loot
-the armour I saw back in 2014 for ranger was so cool yet being so cheap. Sad it looks like shit now it use to look more special.
-going a hero almost noone had picked at the time felt special.

I hope someone making ranger in half a year the reasons are better.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            

Messages In This Thread
suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 01-06-2019, 03:17 PM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 01-06-2019, 04:02 PM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 08-06-2019, 09:36 AM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 08-06-2019, 10:12 AM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 09-06-2019, 05:47 PM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 09-06-2019, 06:02 PM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 08-06-2019, 11:52 AM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 08-06-2019, 12:37 PM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 09-06-2019, 03:15 PM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 09-06-2019, 06:50 PM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 10-06-2019, 07:55 AM