Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg
(10-06-2019, 07:55 AM)Woody Wrote: My question to you at what point would you think about making a sniper hero that's not warden? For some people it's a joke "warden" is the only sniper hero worth going. They are right and it's sad. It should be a hard desision.

For me, there is no point at which this would happen. It should be abundantly clear I am a min/maxer, and not a "I picked Sentry/Sentinel/Ranger before it was cool" hipster douchebag. Not that this is the only reason to pick those three classes, but you know.

(10-06-2019, 07:55 AM)Woody Wrote: It should be a hard desision.

This is your personal opinion. Looking from a purely logical point of view, aggregate numerical stats dictate what is best. This cannot be argued, and this point of view takes the emotion out of the choice and is optimal, from a literal standpoint.

(10-06-2019, 07:55 AM)Woody Wrote: Ranger was my 2nd or 3rd hero so this list is for the resons why over warden.
-warden did not have bows and arrows yet
-with ping the fire rate feels almost the same
-its always good to be a tank class as maybe you can live longer getting more loot
-the armour I saw back in 2014 for ranger was so cool yet being so cheap. Sad it looks like shit now it use to look more special.
-going a hero almost noone had picked at the time felt special.

There you have it then, five four good reasons (Wardens have their own bows now, though I think they always had bows in the housecrafting line) to go Ranger despite it not being the best archer. So it's settled: there's no need to buff the Ranger class. After all, it's more fun for you and you value this over optimization. And to reiterate (read the bolded parts as one sentence):

(09-06-2019, 09:12 PM)Malong Wrote: [I]n my view it's a big double standard for someone to pick the class claiming they want [a class] for fun and enjoyment instead of maximum efficiency (which these people often claim they don't care about), and then turn around and ask for buffs to that class so it can be more competitive (again when they claimed they didn't care about [optimization] in the first place). At this point of the game, people know what they are signing up for when they train those classes.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.

Messages In This Thread
suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 01-06-2019, 03:17 PM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 01-06-2019, 04:02 PM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 08-06-2019, 09:36 AM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 08-06-2019, 10:12 AM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 09-06-2019, 05:47 PM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 09-06-2019, 06:02 PM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 08-06-2019, 11:52 AM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 08-06-2019, 12:37 PM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 09-06-2019, 03:15 PM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 09-06-2019, 06:50 PM
RE: suggestions for Ranger/Halb and Jugg - by DR. - 10-06-2019, 07:55 AM