Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Character no longer linking to the website; new activation code in-game
As the title indicates, my in-game character no longer links with the website, showing only newbie gear/ level 0. Additionally, when I log in with my character (same name and all), it gives me a new authorization key to register on the website. When I do so, it gives me this message:

"You have already signed up, you can login with your character name and password. If this is a new character, just signin with your new characters name, and your existing characters password."

Subsequently, my account on the website works fine and retains all of my character progression/money/items. Only, when I try to log into a server in-game, it once again does not link to my account and provides a new authorization key just the same.

Now, this started happening after someone at my house wanted to play HIS character on my computer. I do not have a steam version, but he does, and since we knew that the character was somehow linked to the serial, he merely added the Steam files from his laptop and played through his Steam account/version perfectly fine on my computer. Well, this morning--even after deleting the local steam WB files and running WB through my non-steam version--I ran into this problem...

I apologize if there is some simple fix for this that I am missing, but I'm really just stumped here, and couldn't find an applicable thread/bug. Any help would be much appreciated, as I JUST realized there's an update that I would be great to try out on my existing character!

Thanks

*EDIT* RoyaleWithCheese is my in-game character name as well as account name (if this matters)
If you have a non-steam version of Warband and install a steam version, steam will overwrite the authorization key in the file registry for both versions. All you need to do is go to the file registry and change the authorization key back to yours.
(15-01-2012, 10:17 PM)brave_chicken link Wrote: If you have a non-steam version of Warband and install a steam version, steam will overwrite the authorization key in the file registry for both versions. All you need to do is go to the file registry and change the authorization key back to yours.

Thanks for the quick response! I just edited the registry with my serial key and you were absolutely right. All is fixed now Smile Thanks again and feel free to lock this thread.