Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Version 3.0 concerns
Not sure if this is the right place, but I think it would be nice to have an open forum for people to discuss their opinions of the 3.0 patch (good and bad). I love the idea of the hard mode, but I think most will agree that it is closer to impossible than hard  :Smile . Being that I cannot get item drops in a normal server anymore (level 41), I play only in hardcore, but I can't get past the second wave, so obtaining materials has become all but impossible. Never got a chance to get any cool drops from knights and above (killed 150+ of the suckers) and now fighting them has no appeal, yet hardcore is pretty much running at a brick wall and then getting up to do the same thing every 60 seconds. I get the feeling that most level 39+ players don't really know what to do now, except maybe play normal mode to level up the rest of the way, but hardcore mode is pretty inaccessible right now. The new implementations have a lot of good potential, however, and I like the new enemy types aside from them being extremely OP and numerous.
After major patches , there are always hotfixes Tongue Some adjustments will probably happen , just give it a chance to be fully tested so devs can see what should be changed/removed/added. Play the game,  say what you like dislike and hopefully it will get better soon enough Tongue

So for my part :

- New Hard Mode assassins are really , really annoying , but so awesome. (+++)
- Nord Vet Huscarls are now really hard to kill, now that they have shield skills and we can't headshot them easily anymore. (++)
- Some maps are bugged (Citadel) and some just shouldn't be put in Hard Mode (Town/City) (--)
- Now that we can't loot normal with our main character, it's hard to get good legendary / coal / shade ore items and since we don't make much gold anymore, it's hard to buy them on the market (---)
- Low levels join Hard Mode and make it even harder without helping at all. Most of the players going to hard mode play it to go far and use a lot of teamwork, not to have redshirts following them thinkin they'll get anything. We have to explain each time if they don't have the required XP it's pointless for them to be on a Hard Mode server. (----)
- New enemies , coded waves (Priests healing other bots , Tricksters teleporting, etc.) (++++)
- New Hard Mode force teamwork , no more soloing / kiting, Medic and Ammo box become very important (++++)
- 2x Ammo give us (snipers) the chance to actually have a support item now, it was pointless before since it was more important for us to have more arrows than ammo box (++)
- Cool loading screen ! (+)
- Specter and Wraith : It was cool at first , but then being killed constantly while you can't focus on the already OP wave, after 10 mins you had enough Tongue (-/+)
- Some items buffed , some others nerfed. Good effort and good work in this area IMO (+)

What do you guys think ?
NPCS:

Tricksters should not be able to 1 shot/2shot commandos......
Maybe take the axe and javelin accuracy of the NPCs downa tiny bit
Let archers be able to shoot the knees of huscarls and such (Maybe not head but knees deff)
Maybe a respawn every wave or 2 waves since its hard as fuck mode...

So far this is all i have if u wanna put opinions down go for it ill update this
2/22/2018 - Tempest
Good points, sphinx. I would like to add that decreasing the marketplace value of heraldic mail was a great idea, forces use of AH and will have a positive influence on material costs. I would like to add that the stats for the polehammer have not been edited on the website, but I'm happy that crushthrough and some speed points were added.

I am thrilled to play hard mode, but like I said, it's like running into a brick wall. Over and over again. Especially without the map voting...we're forced to die ~30 times before the map changes. Perhaps map vote could be allowed, but with a higher threshold? Even a 100% threshold would be nice--if bots are stuck or every last player wants to switch the map, then map vote would work, but if people just want to play a certain map (say citadel) then other people could stop the vote (say cavalry).
Yeah we got stuck 30 minutes getting totally raped in City where we couldn't protect ourselves from Rangers/Tricksters/heavy throwing axes Tongue

We really , really tried every single corner of the map Tongue Polls should be turned on , but only available for people ALIVE , not people who just joined and wanna play the "flavour-of-the-month" leeching map. I feel so sad for low level who can't leech citadel anymore.
Okay. I loved the new update until something really annoying happened : the black knight rampage. As soon as this supposed Dev with black plate in the server appeared to ruin the fun for everyone. Maybe this black knight frenzy was to try to eliminate high levels to help leeching low level players. Well me and my friends ranging from level 5-15, we were having fun on the server until a lvl 39+ joined the fight and suddenly a fucking black knight appeared and ruined our fun. IT IS ANNNOYING AS FUCK. Please stop this. Or a lot of player will quit playing this mod.
(16-01-2012, 05:52 AM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote: Yeah we got stuck 30 minutes getting totally raped in City where we couldn't protect ourselves from Rangers/Tricksters/heavy throwing axes Tongue

We really , really tried every single corner of the map Tongue Polls should be turned on , but only available for people ALIVE , not people who just joined and wanna play the "flavour-of-the-month" leeching map. I feel so sad for low level who can't leech citadel anymore.

Not that easy with votes, they are either turned off or on, the only thing we can change is the threshold needed. The 100% sounds like a good idea and we might do that.

For all your thoughts about the Hard-Mode difficulty please be constructive about it and let me know what feels to hard and not, but keep in mind this is designed to be very hard.

Balancing will of course be done though, this is the first release of Hard-Mode and you guys are our testers.  Wink No matter how much we test it in-house or with a test team from IRC it is very hard to tell how things will turn out live. Now to toss down some coffee, wake up abit, and start to rebalance a few of the troops.
Make the first 2~3 waves of hard mode a little bit easier, its kinda annoying to start anew every minute. (Less enemies maybe.)
Might be a bit radical, but please remove that "no xp/loot for lvl 42+ at normal mode" ****, or atleast change it to level 50+ or whatsoever.
Its genuinely boring to play on a normal mode server with 15 red shirt folks, we need some of the higher level people playing on normal mode too.
Hard mode huscarls should have lower shield skill, as they are the most common enemies appearing, but due to their immense shield skill archers become quite useless.
                        "                          less  throwing wpf, it happens pretty often to me that I get an axe into my face out of nowhere, without any warning or chance to dodge.
(Thats okay for rangers, they are meant to act like that and spawn seldom.)

With Regards,
i think hardmode is real hardmode. +++

if you want easier mode. go to normal mode! (will be xp gained there soon)
I am in love with hardmode and yeah, it's flipping hard! My 2 pennies worth would be suggesting a bit more scaling perhaps in the number of bots that spawn. I'm all for tonnes of them on higher waves, but 30 vet pikemen shoving their pikes in my face at the start of wave 1 is a little much. I would like to see lower numbers of troops at the start, but yes, increase the numbers as the waves progress. Apart from anything else, I want to see all the other troops you have been sweating over on the higher waves!! Oh, and I would love to be able to get some more loot =/
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus