Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Should Royal Helmet be Remodelled?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Royal Helmet should be remodelled, and Imperial Red / Blue should be retextured.
64.29%
18 64.29%
Royal Helmet should be remodelled, but Imperial Red / Blue should not be retextured.
32.14%
9 32.14%
Royal Helmet should not be remodelled, but Imperial Red / Blue should be retextured.
0%
0 0%
Royal Helmet should not be retextured, and Imperial Red / Blue should not be retextured.
3.57%
1 3.57%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Royal Helmet: Remodel
(03-10-2019, 02:38 PM)Woody Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 01:36 PM)Terath Wrote: I am entering a new choice into the reference images: the Close Burgonet.
To me, this helmet seems the most imperial and royal, while still appearing heavy. It is the combination of the burgonet and a close helmet, and is considered the successor to the sallet. Imagining this helmet with the Imperial armours is easy to me, and therefore I am leaning towards this choice.

Think a wider/tanker type of helm would work better for what people see Rg as. From that 1 pic it looks like a better Heavy Sturmhaube and the other crafted 2 for Pikeman. 

https://nordinvasion.com/images/items/fu...be_7BW.png
https://nordinvasion.com/images/items/fu...aube_1.png
https://nordinvasion.com/images/items/fu...ube_2B.png

What I'm saying is the helm to me looks closer to a pike helm than an Inf helm. Yes, it does not matter in the grand scheme of things but maybe this is something to consider? Would it make more sense to add it as a Hoplite helm or a Pike hem more than an Rg helm?  I'm 110% for royal helm getting a new model im just unsure if this would be the best model to go off thats all im saying. 

Also may want to point this out.

You are possibly changing Imperial because it "may" not look good with the available gothic boots/gloves. This is an opinion that we the community are judging from with no pics for what the new gothic parts look like on Imp. Like is part of this you could change Blue Imp to be Dark like Dark Gothic? This is something I would be for but I'm left to guess what your plans are.

Lets say that pic you show was the new Royal Helm. Would this look good on both Gothic's + H-Plate, ...? It's just an endless loop that I don't think you can win at the end as at a point its opinions. I do understand the push for perfection or just trying to make your work better I think you got the point where you're going from your opinion and not the communities ones. I think the goal for models is for it to be something 75-90% people are fine with and this is were most modes are tbh. 

I dont think Imperial Red needs any changes at all and you should to as I don't think anyone has ever said its anything bad about it. Imperial Blue is more questionable given that It's a nords waves armour... The easy thing to do would be get rid of Imperial Blue for the players that have it and just give them Red. You could change the Blue to idk Green, Orange, ... etc but I'm not sure if this is really needed. Eh, Green then Dark steel did I just make DB armour. 

Also also made this back in 2017. No, you don't want the DDS. 

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...761A09120/

Purple for the Princess Dortea.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...F1873D17B/

I presented this reference image as something I am leaning towards; I have not chosen a helmet type to make yet. I presented the reference image to further discussion, not to give my final verdict, just like any other community member who commented reference images in here. Saying that I have chosen this helmet without including the opinion of the community is not correct, considering I chose to explore close burgonets due to Asdru's given reference image - the last one he posted is a burgonet, which I thought would look nice with Imperial.

There are no images to vote from now, yes, because we're in the planning stage. This is all to decide what should be changed and what the changed models will look like. If something is voted for, and it doesn't come out looking good, then I'll post it here, get more votes, and move forward based off of that. Creating a new model and a retexture to match a different set of armour is quite a few steps behind retexturing already existing models, meaning that I will post a new poll and collect poll numbers every time a step is moved forward. Once a decision is reached in the poll, we move forward another step until the model and retexture is complete.

The poll currently shows ~70% approval for retexture of both Imperial armours and a remodel of Royal Helmet. If the poll were flipped opposite, where the majority did not want Royal Helmet to be remodelled, I wouldn't have started planning to remodel it. ~70% is a majority, and saying that I am deciding things on my own is pretty baseless. It was the same with the Gothic set retexture - if the majority did not want it retextured, I would not retexture it. This doesn't mean that I don't listen to the minority, though - 30% of the people don't want Imperial to be retextured, so I probably won't add too much to the armour overall so that I don't severely change an armour that 30% of people wear right now happily.

There are models that I decide to remodel on my own, but most of the time it's when it's obvious that the model is deserving of a remodel without needing a poll. I will often remodel / retexture items that have poor texture quality, poor model quality, or just bad design practices, because I recognize those as faults of the model and something that needs to be fixed. The Royal Helmet, the two Imperials and the Gothic set do not have any real faults in their models or design, hence the polls to change it instead of just doing it myself without asking the community beforehand.

I am well aware that Pikeman has sturmhaubes that are more or less burgonets. It is also kinda true that this lessens how heavy this helmet would be perceived to be; a close burgonet is by no means a light helmet, but the perception that it would be is there because of the presence of the helmet type as Pikeman-locked. It might be easier to just go for a great helmet type and avoid this problem entirely; I'll look for some great helmets or full helmets and post the reference images here.

Imperial Blue being retextured as a dark version of Imperial Red to match Dark Gothic is definitely something to consider. I am always a fan of variation, and Blue Imperial is currently being shared with Nords, which is something that I am trying to actively avoid. I'll experiment with it.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(03-10-2019, 03:29 PM)Terath Wrote: The Royal Helmet, the two Imperials and the Gothic set do not have any real faults in their models or design, hence the polls to change it instead of just doing it myself without asking the community beforehand.

This is a good example as I'm not sure if anyone dislikes Imperial but I'm not sure if anyone likes Royal Helmet. I think most if not all people feel this wave about Royal Helm as its uncanny valley for a Valsgarde.

(03-10-2019, 03:29 PM)Terath Wrote: I am well aware that Pikeman has sturmhaubes that are more or less burgonets. It is also kinda true that this lessens how heavy this helmet would be perceived to be; a close burgonet is by no means a light helmet, but the perception that it would be is there because of the presence of the helmet type as Pikeman-locked. It might be easier to just go for a great helmet type and avoid this problem entirely; I'll look for some great helmets or full helmets and post the reference images here.

Would it be worth making something like this for Hoplite with the same stats as Vagabond?

(03-10-2019, 03:29 PM)Terath Wrote: Imperial Blue being retextured as a dark version of Imperial Red to match Dark Gothic is definitely something to consider. I am always a fan of variation, and Blue Imperial is currently being shared with Nords, which is something that I am trying to actively avoid. I'll experiment with it.

Yea would be nice to have 1 more Darker armour ingame for Inf.

I would for both Light and Dark Imperial would make it almost "fade" into a texture they share at the top so the helm can be a Grey or whatever that texture is. This way Light Imperial fades into Grey and Dark fades into Grey. I'm using the word fade but could be as simple as parts of the plate change.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
[Image: bGcBL3G.jpg]
MP - Warden - Sentinel - Zwei - Legio - RG

Steam  Legendaries

Feel free to add on steam for trades.
(08-10-2019, 04:54 AM)Sharmastyle Wrote: [Image: bGcBL3G.jpg]

I like it but that's just about Fearsome.

Would do the job I guess tho.

[Image: weimarhelm.png]

What's about it?
or maybe this (with feather same craft RG helm, but look better)

Or mb the first helmet with feather last image 2nd
     My Shop    My Steam
(08-10-2019, 07:23 AM)Akanamah Wrote: maybe this (with feather same craft RG helm, but look better)

Or mb the first helmet with feather last image 2nd

We have this ingame and its not a player/nord item.

[Image: 471cdedd245aa2897a319b7407bcb15a.png]

Plumes on helmets look nice but will be annoying for slashers and ranged to shoot over the RG's head
Don't suicide yourself. Bradapple 07/01/2015

And last thing im gonna say is dont make my point to another way. - Gandhi
[Image: 471cdedd245aa2897a319b7407bcb15a.png]
[/quote]

This helmet in game looks awful
28lvl Attacker 15lvl Defender Max Support
Loot:
01.01.2018 Dragon Halberd
03.05.2018 Dragon Arrows 
21.05.2018 Dark gothic gauntlets
(08-10-2019, 03:59 PM)Cygan Wrote: [Image: 471cdedd245aa2897a319b7407bcb15a.png]

[/quote]
That's the point.

It's been in the game files for years and it's not been made into an item for us or Nords.

I'm not going to say it's impossible that Ni could get a new model made like this and the crafted Rg helms but it seems very unlikely. Given the idea of this type of helm is not new to Ni it's either a style the devs don't like or some other factors like Elmo said.

(08-10-2019, 04:16 PM)Woody Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 03:59 PM)Cygan Wrote: [Image: 471cdedd245aa2897a319b7407bcb15a.png]

That's the point.

It's been in the game files for years and it's not been made into an item for us or Nords.

I'm not going to say it's impossible that Ni could get a new model made like this and the crafted Rg helms but it seems very unlikely. Given the idea of this type of helm is not new to Ni it's either a style the devs don't like or some other factors like Elmo said.
[/quote]
actually, this helmet would fit the w14 normal zweis quite nice, better than the atm nord prince helmet at least