Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

NI made my teenage life great.
Hi. My name is Victor Tran. I’ve been playing nordinvasion since I was 11 and I am now 19. Before I say anything else, I just want to give you guys a little background story of my life. I grew up in a small town of independence, Missouri in the US. I didn’t have much to do, but to bike around and hangout with my friends. During my period of being in elementary school, preschool-5th grade, I played outside just like all the other kids, running around, adding another bruise to my knee or elbow, or throwing rocks at my neighbors house, doing all the dumb shit kids would do, but then I started playing on my computer. I would play flash games, I would play on websites like y8.com, addicting games and kongregate. I started to lose a lot of my social life as a kid, as I stayed in to play video games all the time. I remember waking up and immediately getting on my dads laptop just to play runescape and Minecraft . Of course there were times where I would be playing and my parents would be yelling at me, and I would just stay on my computer. 

Fast forward a few more years, I played the demo version of mount and blade on steam, and I fell in love with the game. Keep in mind now, I ; was 11 years old, and being a 11 year old, I didn’t have any money to spare, so I did some research and found out I could use someone’s else’s game codes to play the full game. The single player game mode was fun, I remember playing this game called feudalism 2 when I was 7 or 8, it was a flash game on y8 that I loved playing, it wasn’t until 1 month into playing mount and blade warband, feudalism 2 was just a flash remake of mount and blade. Anyways, I tried playing multiplayer and I would get kicked off 2 minutes or 10 minutes sometimes into playing multiplayer, saying someone else was already using my player code. So, naturally I had to go buy the full game myself. And so I did. And at the same time I found out you could download modules and play them. After napoleonic wars, nordinvasion was my first free module. I played not knowing what to do but I made friends in nordinvasion that showed me the ropes. He showed me how to play, and the best ways to farm. Although the loot system isn’t as great as it is now, but we had so much fun. This was the game I was waking up to on the weekends, instead of eating breakfast. This was the game I kept playing after my parents yelled at me to get off. “Just a few more minutes mom!” I had a great time playing this game. I made so many friends, but there were two people that stuck out to me the most. They went under the names TheGreatGangster, fury, and warlegendnl The great gangster was one of the first people I met in nordinvasion, and we would play nordinvasion together, killing thousands of nords. At this time of life, they probably don’t even know how much impact they’ve made in my life, being in middle school with not that many friends, i made my first house with Harlaus, and thegreatgangster, we created the house called silver death, and I went under the name SD_Nopanda. I was the one that invited people into the house, and thegreatgangster was the one that supplied the house with gear. This was when SK and Clan Cameron were the biggest houses back in the day. We had at least 30 active members in our house, and I still remember some of them today. I once got the majority of the house to play on a single server, and it was honestly great, we all had fun, even being one of the poorest houses out there, we still had fun. After that I ended up scamming one of my best friends, on that game warlegendnl, after he had looted a worm bane, yes a worm bane. At that time the transitional armor was one of the best armors in the game, and I had it, but I decided to lose it all because I wanted a Ingame item rather than good buddies to play with. I had promised to give him a 20$ steam gift card in return for his worm bane, instead I lied and kept it, and I ended up with a banhammer to my face. Months later I created a forum account, because I really wanted to play nordinvasion again. I didn’t even know much about the forums or forum trading at the time, but at that time I had always used the auction hall to make most of my trades and purchases. SD was then disbanded, harlaus also got banned, and I still don’t know why, and thegreatgangster just went inactive and I never played again.

I had to start over. It was like I was a new player again, I had to grind my way up again, I’ve spent well over my steam hours at this point, which is 2800, I’ve definitely have spent most of this time playing nord invasion that this point. At this time I think this was 2013 or 2014, and I applied for VM, the house I am currently in. The first person that really stuck out to me the most, and gave me tips and talked to me was fury..I played my first trial run with them, and got my first legendary drop. It was the impervious, and I remember fury giving me tips, on not how to waste my first legendary on stupid armor, but he said if I wanted the gear, I should, because I would enjoy the game better instead of just keeping one item. I remember I would fill my inventory with 4 imperviouses and go into every run thinking I was cool. But the trade was made, and I sold the impervious to someone. Everyone said I got scammed but I felt like I made a great trade because I got the things I wanted. I kept farming for legendaries and never got on. As years went on, I kept playing vm events and public events. That was my life in middle school. It was great and I will never forget. I had so much fun and met so many great people online. Now I’m in the army as a 25N nodal network systems operator, and sometimes I still find myself playing nordinvasion. Life is great now, and it was all because of a few great games, i have a beautiful girlfriend, i have enough money to be comfortable, i own two vehicles, and im going to pikes peak community college.
[Image: siivDCv.jpg?1]
December 20th, 2015 Impervious
February 8th, 2018 Gothic gauntlets
December 20th, 2019 Fang of Fenrir
So you never played any singleplayer mods?
Yes i have, haha, but none could compete with NI
(20-03-2020, 03:04 PM)Nopanda Wrote: Yes i have, haha, but none could compete with NI

Amen brother
Loot:
Fiendish bow 17
Excalibur 18
Defender Armour 18
Eastern Full Scale 18
Glory 19
Dead Shot 19
Leather Overmail 19
Gloves of Vidar 20
Twigs of Iggdrasil 20
Shop
Steam
Bannerlord is a drunkard's bottle fight
(20-03-2020, 02:44 PM)Nopanda Wrote: I made so many friends, but there were two people that stuck out to me the most. They went under the names TheGreatGangster, fury, and warlegendnl

Two people is three friends. Not in people, but in lines of my people-friend chart.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Nice PCK, you read a heart warming story about this man's childhood and you correct his maths. Some young boi should've been doing math class instead of NI?
Loots: 18
(20-03-2020, 04:20 PM)Fendi Wrote: Nice PCK, you read a heart warming story about this man's childhood and you correct his maths. Some young boi should've been doing math class instead of NI?

I like the particularly heartwarming part where he scammed one of his two (three?) best friends.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(20-03-2020, 04:27 PM)Malong Wrote:
(20-03-2020, 04:20 PM)Fendi Wrote: Nice PCK, you read a heart warming story about this man's childhood and you correct his maths. Some young boi should've been doing math class instead of NI?

I like the particularly heartwarming part where he scammed one of his two (three?) best friends.

That was such a good plot twist. "We had such a great time! Then I scammed my best friend and got banned."

P.S. I believe Harlaus was banned for trolling. Things like putting #freeomphorus in his forum signature
Yes, it was just one person, but after i got unbanned, we started playing together again, and i ended up buying him that steam gift card anyways
16.8k hours well spent. 43 loots, 43 attention posts in the LIT, worth it. Thanks for reading.
Legendary Loots: 74

Steam: Faravin | Playershop