Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

upgrade system
I got sent this today and would like a dev to answer It given I don't think we have been given a clear answer other than "RNG".

... Wrote:Hi Woody It's ...
Sorry to bother you with a pm unrelated to trade or purchase
Could you please tell me a little more about the upgrade system? (like how come an item can be left out for almost a year while others just keep showing up..and how the system works overall)
I saw your reply to my post, browsed your shop page and noted from your log your rich experience of upgrading items.
and figured maybe it's a wise move to ask somebody much more experienced than me on this.
Thx :p

We know its "RNG" but I would ask questions like... 

When does an item go back into the RNG pool to be upgradable? 
Do you have multiple pools for different items?

Yes, I have more to say on this topic but wanted to see exactly how the system worked as It could change my views on it. Don't think It would but never know.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
RNG
(02-04-2020, 04:31 AM)Winter Wrote: RNG

If It was right away It would give the possibility for items to go 2+ rounds In a row. If you do have a waiting period what Is It?

(02-04-2020, 04:44 AM)Woody Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 04:31 AM)Winter Wrote: RNG

If It was right away It would give the possibility for items to go 2+ rounds In a row. If you do have a waiting period what Is It?

Six months (or was it 4?  3?  5?).  Based on my records, it seems most items pop back up after seven or eight months.
Ok, the question does the dev team or even you Winter think It should be RNG still?

Right now items on avg come every seven or eight months... So what did that wait even do? Why should I need to wait? This RNG on waiting has prevented nothing long term with most plained upgrades still getting done. If people plan to make an upgrade most of the time people don't regret it. 

To use me as an example (small flex inc) out of the 25 upgrades I've crafted I've only sold 3. Even the 3 I sold I did not regrate making given 1 I sold for profit + an upgrade and the others I got equivalent upgrades In return. 

For what reason Is It RNG? You could make an argument about what you said at the start of upgrades to play devil's advocate. 

(29-01-2018, 04:34 AM)Winter Wrote: 1.8.0 client release

These items are not meant for everyone to be able to obtain, nor are they something people are supposed to amass.  They are for the few people that want to upgrade specific legendary items they have grown attached to.

To that, I would say If they were not meant to be obtained to this level the crafting price would have changed to cost more. It has been the same for over a year coming on to 2 years I think... At this point or even back then people don't see upgrades as special rare items they just see It as a cost to upgrade items as that's all It really is.

You could keep an RNG element In this if you really wanted. Don't see why we need It at all but you could add it by.

A) You make all upgrades available but you have rounds were some items are at a discount. The discount is the normal cost of atm but all other upgrades are available with a 10-25% "tax". This would reward patience but still gives people the option to craft it then an there at the cost of paying more.

B) You make all upgrades available but you have rounds were some items are easier to craft. By easier to craft I mean the rounds would put some upgrades at the levels we know 25, 28, 30 but all the upgrades can be found at 32, 35, 37. This would give a reason to help level up house crafting atm. You could maybe make the round items on personal crafting rather than house crafting so Blacksmith, Armorsmith and same levels 25, 28, 30.

I think you would like to have more, than you have. More unique items because you can afford it ... In my opinion, there is no point in changing this
(02-04-2020, 08:11 AM)Quordas Wrote: I think you would like to have more, than you have. More unique items because you can afford it

More than I have? Eh? 

Upgrades will be just as unique as they are now other than you don't need to wait. Nothing changed long term. 

(02-04-2020, 08:11 AM)Quordas Wrote: ... In my opinion, there is no point in changing this

So... What do you plan to upgrade next? Will you be happy waiting for some random amount of time (for no clear reason) to upgrade it? 

Given you are someone that falls under "people that regret upgrading things" It's possible If everything was available you would be happier with your decisions. I'm not sure why you did make Battle Hardened Thanos Legacy then regret It in what 2 weeks? Did you make It just because it was available? Just because you had it?

Either way, this change would benefit you and not hinder you In any way.  

Yes, you want more unique items, Do you have too many of them?
As for the helmet ... I did it to sell to someone, for fun. I won't tell for what. I don't regret anything
If the game does not take us seriously, so, me to also not ...
The game will get faster bored, if you change this
(02-04-2020, 09:09 AM)Quordas Wrote: Yes, you want more unique items, Do you have too many of them?
As for the helmet ... I did it to sell to someone, for fun. I won't tell for what. I don't regret anything
If the game does not take us seriously, so, me to also not ...
The game will get faster bored, if you change this
a halberdier helmet should get a bigger armor increase than a barbutte after upgrade, maybe even add damage soak 5%