Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Would you like to see the ability to vote for map changes in game restored?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
14 66.67%
No
33.33%
7 33.33%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

So, 3.0 removed the ability for players to change the map via vote...
On some maps it always comes down to one guy on a horse just running in circles followed by waves of huscarls, and everyone in the server is forced to sit and watch the person dragging out the round, killing them one by one, or not even killing at all just stalling. Used to be that everyone could use the vote to change the map and end the stalling, but now apparently the devs would rather force us to wait or go to a different server where the same kind of crap is happening.

It's pretty messed up and I would like to request the feature be put back in as it's insanely boring to sit and watch a person on a horse run around for 15 minutes on one wave. I like some of the 3.0 improvements, but FFS, dealing with this kind of crap is ridiculous. I never even saw people abusing the vote map change option to begin with. Sure, people liked to change it to citadel because it has a camping room, but now that the room is gone, why get rid of our ability to decide what map to play?
(16-01-2012, 09:41 PM)dan link Wrote:Sure, people liked to change it to citadel because it has a camping room, but now that the room is gone, why get rid of our ability to decide what map to play?

AFAIK the reason it got taken out wasn't because people liked Citadel, but because people would submit a poll as soon as they died, which is extremely rude. If they put voting back in, I'd hope that it would be disabled if you were dead.
(16-01-2012, 09:53 PM)kevindrosario link Wrote:[quote author=dan link=topic=942.msg8217#msg8217 date=1326750100]
Sure, people liked to change it to citadel because it has a camping room, but now that the room is gone, why get rid of our ability to decide what map to play?

AFAIK the reason it got taken out wasn't because people liked Citadel, but because people would submit a poll as soon as they died, which is extremely rude. If they put voting back in, I'd hope that it would be disabled if you were dead.
[/quote]

It seems that it's impossible to trigger the poll for living or dead, another solution would be to put a higher % needed, or even a 100% vote needed (for stuck bots, bugs, or map hated by everybody).
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
Keep it as it is.

Like that I can ACTUALLY play on the 2 maps available instead of the exact same infantry maps being polled 24/7 making me unable to play at what I'm best at, cry about it if you're not happy, what do you think I have to deal with as a cavalry?

You have to deal with a few waves of cavalry killing bots, I have to deal with 24/7 of infantry map polling where I can't actually do anything.
There was several reasons to disable polls. As people have said before me, once people start dying they quite often started polls to play again quicker. Polls are also quite biased towards melee and ranged since they often outnumber the cavalry players, so it was unfair to them.

With a game like NI you also get the tendency of people not wanting to play a map because they like the map or the layout, but more simply because it is well know that the map is easier then other maps to get far in, and/or get exp on. As has been the case with Mountain Pass and then Jeldan.

And mainly we would like to have a rotation and have our players learning to play together and use teamwork in any kind of situation and map rather then having one map played using the same tactic over and over. Variety is the spice of life as they say.

We have now set up at least the EU Hard-Mode servers with votes again, but the threshold set to 100%, to allow people to get off bugged maps and the likes. I'm abit unsure if Jez did it on the US servers or not he handles those mostly.
As far as I can tell he has not done so for Hard Mode US servers.