Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Different Factions for NI2
Hello, I have an idea that will probably be liked by most people or not? Basically for NI2 when you're spawning on a map and there is a chance to get a different hostile faction with different troops, bosses and loots(Legendaries).

For example, if you play Praven right now and the enemy faction is Nords, and then you change the map and the next faction could be Rhodok/Vaegirs/Khergit Khanate ? The names could be different, im just using those names for example.

I know this might be a lot of work to create a new model for each enemy/bosses for a faction, but it will add somewhat diversity to the game right? Like having 4 different factions to fight against will be somewhat cool, as for the loots if its too much RNG to have different loots per different faction, you can always just don't do different loots, to remove the RNG element. 

Thanks for your time reading this and sharing your thoughts on this one. Smile

(I was going to ask this on Xen's thread, but I already burned my question, so I don't want to spam the thread with this.)
Loot:
Byrllysg - 10.02.2020
Sun Glaive - 11.5.2021 
Technically this is already a feature but they're classed as "mercenaries" I.e the Xbowmen are Rhodoks, the horse archers are Khergit-looking.

I asked a similar question in relation to our kingdom changing to the Empire of Calradia, which IMO makes sense given we're going back a few hundred years, but i think changing up the Nords would kind of ruin Nord Invasion.

I think it would be interesting if there was an 'Alliance' so other nations of the older world i.e, Vlandians, Khuzaits, Battanians could provide mercenaries or join as allies and have entire waves based on those but entire game modes kind of takes the fun away unless we rename the mod to like "Calradian Invasion".

It would be alot of work but theres no reason we couldnt see a dynamic change in waves over time, I.E for 3 months you may have to face Vlandians as part of X Wave on Y Mode, but then it could change to another faction perhaps after a few months.
Dreaded War Pick - 13/05/2018 - Loke
Fell Edge - 29/06/2018 - Tyr
Dragon Halberd - 05/08/2018 - Einherjar Berserker
Zephyr - 30/09/2018 - Odin
You know it could even take the opposite direction - more advanced nords with matchlocks xD

jokes aside Jumne is the origin of the Nords, so NI2 would be like the beginning of the Nord invasion on the calradian continent. So it would make sense if all factions would be merged into one and the heroes would be something along the lines of Vlandian Knight/ Empire Cata , Battanian Fian for archers etc.

Or just the factions that are on the Northernmost shores of Calradia (Sturgia or Vlandia). Imagine the Warband Nords arriving with much better technology and the whole of Calradia is under Invasion by them
What if NordInvasion gets a Nords DLC before NI2 is developed :thinking:
(09-10-2020, 06:14 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: What if NordInvasion gets a Nords DLC before NI2 is developed :thinking:

You make a better version.

*Points a gun to you*

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
I (personally) am in favor of abandoning the player faction as specifically Swadia / Vlandia, as it would make more sense to have it be a faction that allows us to use the most amount of item variation possible. Different ideas have been thrown around suggesting things like referencing the singleplayer's clan system and having all players be a part of a mercenary faction (in lore), or other similar themes that would allow the player faction to look varied in their culture and allow for a myriad of jobs to do. It would open up the player faction in a lot of ways, and allows us basically a blank slate to do whatever we want with lorewise. Allowing a player to choose their culture for a character could provide some player customization that I think we should always strive for.

However -- the enemy still has to be the Nords. Kriegstofu is correct, as Bannerlord is a prequel, NI2 could focus on the original invasion of the Nords into Sturgia from Jumne. The player faction being hired as a mercenary faction to fight against the Nords all across the continent would be varied enough in setting and interesting enough in lore to provide some good gameplay. In the lore, Sturgia is not the Nords, but the Vaegirs, represented as the Rus in both interpretations. Assumedly, the Nords come from Jumne and take land from the Sturgians and Battanians, pushing the Vaegirs to the east of the map and outright wiping out the Battanians. Other things could happen on top of this, such as different factions allying with the Nords after periods of time and other factions joining the fight against them, changing the enemies every couple of months to keep the gameplay fresh.

Basically: the player faction is less important, but the main enemy has to be the Nords. Does not mean there can't be more than one enemy faction or enemy type.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
I support this idea! Different Calradia cultures coming together to fight the Nord Invasion (pun intended) is great for the sake of gameplay diversity.
Guess who's back?
(09-10-2020, 06:14 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: What if NordInvasion gets a Nords DLC before NI2 is developed :thinking:

fuck I ment Bannerlord gets a Nords DLC Sad
(10-10-2020, 03:39 PM)Terath Wrote: I (personally) am in favor of abandoning the player faction as specifically Swadia / Vlandia, as it would make more sense to have it be a faction that allows us to use the most amount of item variation possible. Different ideas have been thrown around suggesting things like referencing the singleplayer's clan system and having all players be a part of a mercenary faction (in lore), or other similar themes that would allow the player faction to look varied in their culture and allow for a myriad of jobs to do. It would open up the player faction in a lot of ways, and allows us basically a blank slate to do whatever we want with lorewise. Allowing a player to choose their culture for a character could provide some player customization that I think we should always strive for.

However -- the enemy still has to be the Nords. Kriegstofu is correct, as Bannerlord is a prequel, NI2 could focus on the original invasion of the Nords into Sturgia from Jumne. The player faction being hired as a mercenary faction to fight against the Nords all across the continent would be varied enough in setting and interesting enough in lore to provide some good gameplay. In the lore, Sturgia is not the Nords, but the Vaegirs, represented as the Rus in both interpretations. Assumedly, the Nords come from Jumne and take land from the Sturgians and Battanians, pushing the Vaegirs to the east of the map and outright wiping out the Battanians. Other things could happen on top of this, such as different factions allying with the Nords after periods of time and other factions joining the fight against them, changing the enemies every couple of months to keep the gameplay fresh.

Basically: the player faction is less important, but the main enemy has to be the Nords. Does not mean there can't be more than one enemy faction or enemy type.

That sounds brilliant to be fair and after your description, I agree. It would be interesting though to choose a background and maybe have a small passive ability from your chosen heritage similar to the campaign. I.E- you choose Vlandian culture so have a +10 to your polearm or +?? hitpoints skill, or Battanian so have +10 to your archery/throwing, very small but still provides advantages dependent on the playstyle you're going for, this adds a way to create more unique classes that can excel at their role as a pure or branch into other styles.

Would be really cool if possible to have a more fleshed out house/clan system that allowed everyone to craft and contribute / quest as a clan and contribute towards a common goal / get clan renown that can be spent on passive buffs similar to the tournament banner that existed for a while that may last for a set amount of hours. Perhaps even implement an alliance/vassal system.

On the topic of new enemies, it would be interesting to perhaps have quarter-annual "reinforcements" that could present new enemies/bosses/equipment/waves/legendaries something that players can look forward too amongst other things on a semi-regular basis.

Also, have the dev team considered like a 45 wave mode? Essentially just combining normal/hard/rag with better drop rates may be at like 1.1x to reward the greater time requirement.
Dreaded War Pick - 13/05/2018 - Loke
Fell Edge - 29/06/2018 - Tyr
Dragon Halberd - 05/08/2018 - Einherjar Berserker
Zephyr - 30/09/2018 - Odin
Love these ideas thrown out. If we're keeping with lore, would allying with different factions mean a higher chance of looting certain legendaries or mats for craftable weapons that the faction is known for? For instance, Battania is known for their polearms? Would mats supporting polearm construction have a higher chance of dropping? Same with legendaries? Same with Vlandia, where they are are known for their crossbowmen?

Terath, that post is money. Love that direction.
Loots: 
2016 Dark Gothic Sallet, Ailadrodd
2018 Leviathans Treads, Thanos Legacy, Dellingrs Hands
2019 Volcanic Daggers, White Dragon Helm, Heavy Sallet, Imp Halfplate Red, Dragon Helm, Twigs
2020 Gilded Bear Armour