Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

I think it's called a "Fletcher"
Fire arms?  In this game?  Please don't ruin this mod...
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
Why not firearms? It can't be that bad, In my opinion it's good to use to get the damn bosses down. Such as prince *hint hint*
Mainly because the reload rate would have to be very very low... And youd have to decide if YOU want to fight bots with fire arms.  People already abuse maps on a daily basis and I can just imagine a group of higher levels slowly "pulling" bots one by one for a lame grind to the top.  There are other mods which let you use fire arms, for the love of Odin don't!
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
Thanks fin. This is a topic about bows or bow making or arrows. On topic?
Don't say ANYTHING.
What, do you expect a speech?
If it were to be under Blacksmithing, there could also be a metal bow. It would require being a sniper, and would be a slow bow, but would shoot the arrows fast and far. If it were to be used as a melee, you would be able to block with it, but it would deal 15-25 blunt damage, swing only. I think I prefer this idea over the other ones. Bone Arrows and Bone Armor would be nice too.
Don't say ANYTHING.
I'm not sure its even possible to make bows turn into melee. however i know nothing about modding so it would be nice if a dev would tell us now so we don't get our hopes up.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
(14-01-2012, 09:02 PM)Aventori link Wrote: I'm not sure its even possible to make bows turn into melee. however i know nothing about modding so it would be nice if a dev would tell us now so we don't get our hopes up.
It's the same as Javelins. However I think player should be heavily penalized for using his bow in melee - even if it's made from steel it's still not intended to be used as a weapon, and there's the string too... So while basic stuff (making some bow switch mode between ranged mode and melee) is very simple, implementing this properly (like, I don't know, degrading item quality modifier for each melee hit or block until it gets down to Cracked) will still take some work and time.
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
Hmmm... good point. That made a few ideas pop up in my head. One penalty would be having it be really low damage. Another could be making it so you have to hold X with no interruptions for 1 or so seconds. This could simulate the stringing/ unstringing of a bow so it would not be damaged. I think that and a lower amount of damage would make it so it's still a good thing to have, but it's not as good as or better than an actual melee weapon. Comments?
Don't say ANYTHING.
i still find it to be rather dumb using a bow in melee. that is unless there can be an animation the removes the string so that it looks somewhat like a really curvy sabre. <-- like you said. Although i don't think is this thread is ment for discussing the melee bow, but rather letting a craftsmen be a "Fletcher" correct me if im wrong but if you think they should implement a melee bow, make another thread in requests?
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
Meh, I won't add another thread, but I'll stay away from that awesome idea of mine.
Don't say ANYTHING.