Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Realistic legendary weapons
This is more of a feature removal request than a real feat request but i had to post it somewhere, I've already posted something about it in another thread but I wanted to give this subject its own thread and see if I'm the only one out there that has such an opinion about currents implemented legendary weapons.

I've seen most of the legendary weapons in game and I'm really disturbed by their design. I am not talking about their stats or anything but just their visuals.

In my humble opinions, and as much as i love the legendary drop idea, they just doesn't fit at all in the m&b feudal world. They're well done, but they just look like they got out of some Asian f2p mmo. And I take no fun in wielding or seeing my team mates wield a Lineage axe, a final fantasy sword, a world of warcraft lance and god knows what else when I'm playing mount&blade. M&b is one of the rare medieval game that didn't fall into eccentric graphics and impossible weapons/armor's design and that's what I love about the m&b franchise, I hope I ain't the only one.

So seeing all these colorful and tribal/Asian weapon's design along side the deliberately realistic medieval look of the m&b universe is just very annoying for me. I wish these legendary weapons were more realistic and would rather be an evolved version of the basic already existing medieval equipment. Like for example just a touch of gold on the cross-guard, a specific symbol on the pommel or perhaps some embedded writings on the blade, all in all much more discreet and humble designs. That i would love, hell I'd even draw some designs for the dev team if I knew it would help. I understand you guys (the devs) can't spend countless hours on developing 3D stuff for NI but of all the weapons you took from that (very nice) weapon mod why use the most crazy and colorful designs?

I know there will always be players who regardless of the graphical choices of the game they're playing will want shiny stuff that makes them looks like badass gods but please for the love of the mount & blade franchise, stick at least a minimum to the game graphic's ideals. If you are planning of transforming Nord Invasion into a fantasy mod then do it a 100% or not at all. In my humble opinion mixing the realistic look of the m&b universe and throw in here and there a bunch of heroic fantasy weapons is just plain bad taste.

That said I can't stress enough how thrilled I am at you guys adding new weapons that can be dropped and that all that doesn't prevent me from appreciating all the effort you devs have put into this mod. I just know that right now, I wouldn't use any legendary weapons given how the looks drives my mind out of the game.

So i was wondering if I were the only one who got bothered by this or if you guys just love and enjoy the legendary designs as they are and don't really care about the overall realistic feeling of the mod and would dig badass looking weaponry like there are now rather than more humble realistic ones. And to the devs: Do you plan on adding more and more fantasy oriented stuff in this mod? (which, even though it wouldn't be for me, I'd respect 100%, it's just I didn't read anywhere it was the direction Ni was heading)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on that matter.

Remove magic legendary items ....

Or Add magic powers

FUH ROH DAH
Well there will come one realistic lengendary 2h weapon next but,, hehe it is only for me !  ;D
I agree with ethaor. I hate the models for most of the weapons except for the thunderlance.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
Lol, yes, the models could use some work, like with the Eastern Katana, it's cool, but it doesn't even look real if you take a nice look at it.
Don't say ANYTHING.
What, do you expect a speech?
There will be a one handed crosspick legendary weapon coming up that is modelled from an realistic era, only larger.  8)
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
I'm resisting the urge to correct your grammar error, I've been watched before due to that. ON TOPIC! What do you mean, "Crosspick?" I'm not too familiar with weapons.
Don't say ANYTHING.
(22-01-2012, 09:04 PM)Annoying_Archer link Wrote: What do you mean, "Crosspick?" I'm not too familiar with weapons.

he means that http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/0...4n7xg5.jpg

(21-01-2012, 07:09 PM)Hande link Wrote: Well there will come one realistic lengendary 2h weapon next but,, hehe it is only for me !  ;D

Where the hell did i put my troll face  :Smile

(21-01-2012, 07:35 PM)Aventori link Wrote: I agree with ethaor. I hate the models for most of the weapons except for the thunderlance.

Huzzah! I'm not alone!
oooh. ok thanks.
Don't say ANYTHING.
(22-01-2012, 11:22 PM)Ethaor link Wrote: he means that http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/0...4n7xg5.jpg

Want it!! I'm ready to pay gold + obsidian axe, anyone who find it next patch contact me  Big Grin
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]