Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Survivor Etiquette
I just want to throw the idea out there for maybe establishing either a gameplay mechanic or a set of loosely based rules to stop a single player camping/glitching on any round that isnt a boss wave if other players are on the server. This seems detrimental to the mod as it forces other players to wait and spectate for the campers inevitable gruesome death.

I suggest camping/glitching should only be used on a boss wave, otherwise the offender should be kicked so the rest of the team can respawn rather than wait, any thoughts?
The simple way is to put what you say about survivor etiquette in the game rules box that show up when the player login onto the game server.  However, doing this will require that the majority to have good behavior in order to enforce properly.

I feel even on the later boss waves if the players cannot deal enough damage that camping is a bad idea as their weapons will fail hurt them which either result in a very long drawn out fight that usually end with the offender dying in melee after losing all the ammunition or losing the poke weapon range battle.

My personal experience is poking the enemy knights on a camping house is silly if the damage is too little. Might as well as die to farm peasants for gold and experience instead.

The harder way is to actually implement game mechanics to stop players from camping too long.

1. I haven’t played arcade games for many years but I do recall they have time limit to prevent their players from sitting there and doing nothing. When the time limit is up it is game over.

You can even make a story to go along with this. The Nords will cutoff the Swadian food supply if the fight takes too long. Players either slowly or instantly die from starvation.

2. Spawn deadly horse archer mercenaries, knights with long weapons, pike men, and halberdiers if campers take too long.  This is to discourage players from playing the poke game that doesn’t seem to go anywhere.

I am sure there are even better ideas out there.
Additionally, enemy spawned to fight campers should give no experience and gold. Maybe even penalize players' experience, gold, and/or faction reputation for taking too long.
Good points. Those sound like pretty good solutions, though I rather not have experience or gold lost.

Maybe the timer should actually be put to use? It's already in place. Maybe have it be whatever minutes from the last kill? Or something like that.
THIS IS A SIGNATURE
If time limit is possible, perhaps lose some time based on a percentage on how many players are dead. More percentage of dead players means less time to finish the round. This will encourage people to stay alive together instead of trying to solo the map alone.
I think it really depends on how skilled the player is and how many waves it is until the next spawn. It is not a fixed constant really but it depends on each circumstance.
"Hurry! Become master of the field!"

Put the flag in the middle of the map to keep campers from camping. If humans win, the next wave will spawn and all of the enemies die (to prevent glitched up or stuck enemies) and if bots win, then you already know.

Have it so it is only activated if a couple minutes pass and no one dies.

Ooooor, you can just either not do anything about it at all because I'd prefer to spawn at a later wave than have to start all over at the beginning. Also, you should make it so that everyone spawns at the start of every wave because the cause of camping is usually because everyone else is dead.
I was the first Horse-Archer you know?
I'd say the easiest way to do this is to allow alive people to see dead chat so they know how the people who are watching them fight and waiting to respawn feel.
(16-11-2011, 12:16 AM)Dughan link Wrote: I'd say the easiest way to do this is to allow alive people to see dead chat so they know how the people who are watching them fight and waiting to respawn feel.

Plus this.
I was the first Horse-Archer you know?
Im looking into putting a 'all chat' into the mod, to allow everyone to talk  regardless of their state (dead or alive). I'm going to try and fit this into the next client patch. Sadly its not as simple as 'show chat to everyone' Sad