Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Remove Marketplace and put Totally Player Driven Marketplace (Auctionhouse)
This mod will become very interesting if the computer marketplace is removed and all item production and pricing is completely
left to players like in the Auction House.

In this setting:
The source of the economy is raw materials and gold found from loot. (like it is right now)
The production is made by players and bought&sold by players  (like it is right now in the Auction House)

To prevent the number of items increasing too much, put an option to salvage weapons/armor for half or quarter the number of resources
required to construct the item. Craftsman can salvage only the items they can produce. Unsold items can thus be reclaimed as resources.

This way, it will be meaningful to craft any item and sell it competitively in the player driven market.

Prices will fluctuate with time as more resources and gold enter the economy as in a real economy but supply and demand will always balance
it.

I understand as all change, some people will like this and some not. This will also prepare a good basis for player/house shops or house banks.
Also in time houses can have resource storage depots and use them in the campaign mode.

How about giving it a try?
I think things are fine as are. There is more incentive to sell your items on the auction hall because the sellback price in the marketplace is only a fraction of what you paid. But if you were to make all item production player-based, that would require a lot of crafting recipes that will take a long time to balance, and crafters will need to communicate with their buyers to know exactly what they want. It's likely that nobody will be willing to craft low-level items leaving newbies with crappy equipment.
I agree with chicken. I certainly don't craft stuff for newbs as it is. I craft with the intention of making money. Naughty capitalist me, but that's the way it goes. It would take months to get an entirely player driven economy off the ground and so many players will be broke/quit as they are not really getting a look-in on the economy. Ultimately such a concept could work but IMO it is far too much hard work to replace somthing that already works. Feel free to disagree with me but look at it from a real world economics point of view, because such a market will be influenced in much the same way.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(24-01-2012, 06:47 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: I agree with chicken. I certainly don't craft stuff for newbs as it is. I craft with the intention of making money. Naughty capitalist me, but that's the way it goes. It would take months to get an entirely player driven economy off the ground and so many players will be broke/quit as they are not really getting a look-in on the economy. Ultimately such a concept could work but IMO it is far too much hard work to replace somthing that already works. Feel free to disagree with me but look at it from a real world economics point of view, because such a market will be influenced in much the same way.

I have to agree with you on that Hypernoma. It would have maybe be fine to start right away with that kind of Marketplace but it's too late now