Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Website - Yabu's NI Training Camp
Hi fellas!

I've recently started reading a course called Web Design. Our latest task was to create a page about something (duh), and I chose to make it about Nord Invasion. It's going to be sort of a promo/newbie educating/mini-wiki page and hopefully I'll be able to use some of the stuff I write for the wiki later on.

Anyways, I started this thread for two reasons. 1. So that you can see it and maybe use the site. 2. So that I can ask you guys for help. I know there's a lot of people who are good at this sort of stuff and I intend to use it. Tongue

My first question is: the picture in the top left corner of the wiki (sort of a NI logo as I understand it), is it possible that I can use that one? Does it have a transparent backround (cause I have no freaking clue about how to make the backround transparent). Smile

Wish me luck creating a hopefully not-so-ugly page about this lovely game. Smile I'll link to it as soon as I have finished the basics.

Cheers,
Yabu
CC_Sir_Yabu - lvl 52 Wielder of the Rectal Glory
CC_Dr_Yabu - lvl 52 Pokémon
CC_Yabu_the_Hutt - lvl 52 Space Mob Member
CC_Yabudabadoo - lvl 39 Pacifist
CC_Dyabu_Unchained - lvl 10 No Comment
Visit my shop IKEY!
I don't know much of coding, but I tried my hand at building a website not too long ago and used CSS for the background, here you can find many examples: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_examples.asp
Striker strikes again.

(21-03-2013, 06:51 PM)Lord Striker link Wrote: I don't know much of coding, but I tried my hand at building a website not too long ago and used CSS for the background, here you can find many examples: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_examples.asp
I'll be using CSS to make the stylesheet for the whole page. I'll read it through and see if I can find something of use. Smile Thanks for the link!
Visit my shop IKEY!
I took an online course about all of this once and did well enough.  I also have a lot of experience with making, editing, and formatting images, so when I get some spare time I'd be more than happy to help with that.
I'll just update this thread a bit. Have worked a bit on the website, so it looks less like crap now. The background loads quite slowly, but I'll see if I can fix that later.

Yabu's Nord Invasion Survival Camp

As you can see no text is produced yet, and I suggest you don't press the links in the "classes" section. Big Grin
Visit my shop IKEY!
Besides the slow background, the site looks alright.  The reason the background loads so slowly is that it is almost 7 MB.  Although the file extension is jpg, the image is actually a png.  By saving it as a jpg, I was able to get it down to 1.2 MB.  If you adjust the encoding quality, you can get it lower then that (I got it down to 800 kb without much noticeable loss of quality).

(I used Gimp for these adjustments.)
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
Layout looks decent, simple and effective. Good job so far.
Striker strikes again.

Here's a great link for you:
NP kthxbai
[Image: sigasdasd.png]
AW CHEESE! And fuck Worm Banes
Thanks guys! Working some at the moment. All boxes got pretty rounded edges (Ooooh!) and I also wrote some text. I'll probably leave the design mostly as it is for now, as I can't figure out what to do next and it looks decent at the moment.

Also, thanks Kip. Was going to ask my teacher, but now I don't have to look like a n00b in front of him. Smile I downloaded it as a JPG, but I guess something went wrong.
Visit my shop IKEY!
trollslayer3000, really Yabu? Big Grin
Striker strikes again.