Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The New House Banner Ingame Thread
Hi,

My house XIII would like our banner in the next update, thanks!

I have noticed slot B13 is free and that is preferable (less clicking to the next page when editing your character... lazy I know ;p) but other than that any of the C13/D13/E13/F13 slots will be fine (inline with the the house name and all hehe).

[Image: XIIIBanner.jpg]

Thanks! ;D
That is one of the nicer banners in the game, nice work to your designer!

Cheesy, doesn't look like a banner.
Start the game already!
Hey I gave them the choice between 3 banners.

The point, Spar, is that it should fit on shields (look gritty) rather than being on an actual flag-banner. Since there are no banners ingame anyhow.

Agree that the 8th's banner looks gorgeous :o
(24-07-2012, 09:36 PM)Tarimoth link Wrote: Agree that the 8th's banner looks gorgeous :o

Tari that isnt 8... its 13 in roman roman numerals - X=10 V=5
(24-07-2012, 09:48 PM)alee56 link Wrote: [quote author=Tarimoth link=topic=1133.msg38075#msg38075 date=1343165766]

[/quote]

:o
How embarrassing, especially since I know you're right, I've even taken education on the roman numerals. Good heavens, I blame it on.. the beer! Mustve been the beer..
(25-07-2012, 12:51 AM)Tarimoth link Wrote: [quote author=alee56 link=topic=1133.msg38078#msg38078 date=1343166518]
[quote author=Tarimoth link=topic=1133.msg38075#msg38075 date=1343165766]

[/quote]

:o
How embarrassing, especially since I know you're right, I've even taken education on the roman numerals. Good heavens, I blame it on.. the beer! Mustve been the beer..
[/quote]
:o blasphemy! Beer makes you smarter!! Must have been the lack of beer!
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(23-07-2012, 04:44 PM)Sparhawk link Wrote: That is one of the nicer banners in the game, nice work to your designer!

(24-07-2012, 09:36 PM)Tarimoth link Wrote: Agree that the 8th's banner looks gorgeous :o

Thanks guys! It was a collaborative effort between a couple of us so I have passed on your praise to my co-designer.

I have been testing it in-game courtesy of the new banner patch and have discovered that the main emblem needs to be shrunk to fit properly on the shield and tag. Should the updated banner be posted in here in order to be included in the next patch?
(25-07-2012, 03:57 PM)Glockus link Wrote: I have been testing it in-game courtesy of the new banner patch and have discovered that the main emblem needs to be shrunk to fit properly on the shield and tag. Should the updated banner be posted in here in order to be included in the next patch?

This would be the place. Although, I recommend testing it before submitting it.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

(25-07-2012, 04:05 PM)Galen_Thalheimer link Wrote: [quote author=Glockus link=topic=1133.msg38264#msg38264 date=1343231841]
I have been testing it in-game courtesy of the new banner patch and have discovered that the main emblem needs to be shrunk to fit properly on the shield and tag. Should the updated banner be posted in here in order to be included in the next patch?

[/quote]

Thanks.

How do I go about compiling it into a .dds file for testing?
(26-07-2012, 12:13 PM)Glockus link Wrote: [quote author=Galen_Thalheimer link=topic=1133.msg38267#msg38267 date=1343232332]
[quote author=Glockus link=topic=1133.msg38264#msg38264 date=1343231841]

[/quote]

Thanks.

How do I go about compiling it into a .dds file for testing?
[/quote]

Easiest way is to use gimp and add the gimp-dds plugin. Then you can open the file. When you save it, it doesn't matter for compression (but Warband uses the first option BC/DXT1 or something like that) and click the generate mipmaps button. The image also has to be a single layer to work correctly, otherwise it thinks it's 3D.

You can also check it in my SVG design file if you want as well. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjnyhciowshwwn...42.svg.zip  It's not 100% perfect, but it's pretty close. I have all of the shield shapes in there.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes