Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

a option to not level past 30...
what about an option to not level past 30?
let us enable/disable it, so we can choose when we are ready to play on hard mode.
remove xp gain when we are 30 until we disable this function, but give us gold and loot.
i would love to stay for a longer time on normal!
it would probably be difficult to code but it is a good idea, I support this.
it makes sense, but why would you want that? "i would love to play on normal" but you wouldn't really benefit from it. I mean it makes more sense to get into hard mode and play normal mode with a gold/xp for each kill. I dont remember if you still get dropped loot though.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
You'll still get loot until level 39, and it takes quite a while to get there. I don't like this idea: it just means less people will be leveling up, so no new players will come to help us out in hard mode. As it is, there aren't usually a lot of people playing hard mode, so I'm looking forward to people leveling up enough to come help out.
(28-01-2012, 08:38 PM)brave_chicken link Wrote: You'll still get loot until level 39, and it takes quite a while to get there. I don't like this idea: it just means less people will be leveling up, so no new players will come to help us out in hard mode. As it is, there aren't usually a lot of people playing hard mode, so I'm looking forward to people leveling up enough to come help out.

Look the problem with hardcore mode is that it is hard (most time still to hard) so people don't kill a lot of enemy's.
And still with the drop rate of normal (with contains many bots) an player on hardcore get fewer rewards then normal mode.
Hardcore mode should be more attractive for higher level players but at this rate you rather caching people off hardcore mode and reaching lvl 39.

I suggest the best thing to do is to nerf or lower the amount of enemy's and give then a much higher rate on drops (people will take a risk if the rewards are good) Optionally you could make maps specially for hardcore with many places to hold stand or good for all kind of tactics.
the disadvantage of long lines is that people get lost in the text
(28-01-2012, 09:42 PM)scott_slod link Wrote: [quote author=brave_chicken link=topic=1139.msg9723#msg9723 date=1327783139]
You'll still get loot until level 39, and it takes quite a while to get there. I don't like this idea: it just means less people will be leveling up, so no new players will come to help us out in hard mode. As it is, there aren't usually a lot of people playing hard mode, so I'm looking forward to people leveling up enough to come help out.

Look the problem with hardcore mode is that it is hard (most time still to hard) so people don't kill a lot of enemy's.
And still with the drop rate of normal (with contains many bots) an player on hardcore get fewer rewards then normal mode.
Hardcore mode should be more attractive for higher level players but at this rate you rather caching people off hardcore mode and reaching lvl 39.

I suggest the best thing to do is to nerf or lower the amount of enemy's and give then a much higher rate on drops (people will take a risk if the rewards are good) Optionally you could make maps specially for hardcore with many places to hold stand or good for all kind of tactics.
[/quote]
Hardcore mode is plenty feasible with a good team. I've seen wave 8 many times, and you can get a drop of 2 x shade ore from the boss wave. The problem with hard mode is that it requires teamwork, and there aren't enough veteran players to play hard mode all the time. Once enough of the user base reaches tier 4 classes, hardmode will flourish. Opting to suspend level progression is only going to screw up hard mode even more.
My problem is, i feel more like a casual player in this game.
OK, i love teamplay.
But i dont like it to get forced into harder gameplay.