Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Would you like to have the fourth weapon slot available for support item OR weapon?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I think it should be your choice to use a support item or the usual weapon.
52.63%
10 52.63%
No, I think players should be forced to use a support item or nothing at all.
42.11%
8 42.11%
This does not effect me, I don\'t really care either way.
5.26%
1 5.26%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Support Class Weapon Slot
(07-02-2012, 04:29 AM)Lethwin_Far_Seeker link Wrote:[quote author=clickeverywhere link=topic=1143.msg11365#msg11365 date=1328575809]
When you reach hard mode it's probably a better idea to be picking shields up off the ground. Almost every shield is a Huscarl's Shield, and you can even find Champion Huscarl Shields on the ground from wave 4 which are better than anything at the shop.

Well there just happens to be 39 levels between the starting player and hardmode.  Most of the dropped shields are lousy till you get at least past skirmisher.  And without some decent armour its hard to last long against multiple bots without a shield because even with autoblock you cant block two attacks at once.  Still, ONCE AGAIN I am saying that it should be the players CHOICE.  Whether you, me, or anyone else likes the method, the choice should be there.
[/quote]
No, it shouldn't. Did you even read what I said? Support classes are very important. Teamwork is important. Your shield is not. In truth you only need shields for arrows/javs, and any shield off the ground does well enough for that. Maybe if you were using teamwork, you wouldn't get mobbed by so many enemies that you need a shield to block all their attacks. When coordinated properly, you won't run into this problem. Teamwork.

Besides, your shield is going to break, and you will need to pick up a new one. Why not start with a picked up shield? You say this like "it's just a choice, it should be there" but really, the choice of that fourth slot takes away most of the incentive away for support item
(07-02-2012, 08:46 PM)scott_slod link Wrote:No, it shouldn't. Did you even read what I said? Support classes are very important. Teamwork is important. Your shield is not. In truth you only need shields for arrows/javs, and any shield off the ground does well enough for that. Maybe if you were using teamwork, you wouldn't get mobbed by so many enemies that you need a shield to block all their attacks. When coordinated properly, you won't run into this problem. Teamwork.

Besides, your shield is going to break, and you will need to pick up a new one. Why not start with a picked up shield? You say this like "it's just a choice, it should be there" but really, the choice of that fourth slot takes away most of the incentive away for support item

i suggested a 5th slot  only for support wy? because having 3 slots burden players options with and create lesser options and  lesser options means lesser tactics can be done and with lesser tactics less reason and usage for teamwork. having a 5th slot for support only (and the other 4 for weapons and shields) would enable the player for more tactics without hindering the chance to use support.
[/quote]

You are obviously a two-hander.  You ask if I read what you wrote and the answer is yes.  Have you read anything I have said?  Your whole argument is based on the fact that YOU don't need\want that fourth slot and YOU think that YOU know how the mod should be played by each person.  While I do encourage teamwork, if I should choose to take on the berzerker wave singlehandedly LET ME!!!!!! MY FRIGGIN CHOICE MAN!  Please go back and read the title of the poll again, it says "Option".  That means you can play how you want to play, and I can use my friggin shield if I please.  And no I don't give a rat's arse if you think I should run around the field looking for a shield while hired javelineers are taking pot-shots at me.
(07-02-2012, 10:51 PM)Lethwin_Far_Seeker link Wrote:You are obviously a two-hander.  You ask if I read what you wrote and the answer is yes.  Have you read anything I have said?  Your whole argument is based on the fact that YOU don't need\want that fourth slot and YOU think that YOU know how the mod should be played by each person.  While I do encourage teamwork, if I should choose to take on the berzerker wave singlehandedly LET ME!!!!!! MY FRIGGIN CHOICE MAN!  Please go back and read the title of the poll again, it says "Option".  That means you can play how you want to play, and I can use my friggin shield if I please.  And no I don't give a rat's arse if you think I should run around the field looking for a shield while hired javelineers are taking pot-shots at me.

Yes, I read every repeat you make of the first thing you said. You're still not understanding. The option to have the fourth slot filled upon spawning will take away the incentive to use a support item. I know how the developers intend for people to play. If they didn't want teamwork, they wouldn't have nerfed cavalry and taken out horse archers. They have already stated that they intend for the support slot to be the way it is, so you're pissing in the wind here. I'm only trying to have you see their logical reasoning, but all you care about is your shield.
What you are calling "incentive" is restriction, force.  If you want to give players an incentive then make it apparent that they benefit by working together (I think most players already understand this.  Kind of a "duh").  Giving players the fourth slot does not erase teamwork!  They could make an additional slot just for support for all I care!  But cutting away from a players options is not sending me the message "Teamwork!".  And if you haven't noticed, SHIELDwalls with two handers and archers behind are the most common and useful form of team work.  Not a semi functioning ammo box. (70% of the time it doesn't deploy).  You destroy your own argument.
There will not be a 5th slot. I am closing this before the topic gets out of hand Smile
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus