Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Would you like to have the fourth weapon slot available for support item OR weapon?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I think it should be your choice to use a support item or the usual weapon.
52.63%
10 52.63%
No, I think players should be forced to use a support item or nothing at all.
42.11%
8 42.11%
This does not effect me, I don\'t really care either way.
5.26%
1 5.26%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Support Class Weapon Slot
(29-01-2012, 11:17 PM)Blondin link Wrote:I don't know what's your level but i'm pretty sure that once you will hit higher waves or hard mod you will forget about your throwing axes.
Seriously, there is really no need and no interest (except for fun) to have such weapon in your standard equipment to kill high tier bots.

btw, NI is not the first mod to limits slots, crpg made it one year ago.

Well if its not an effective weapon then what is the harm in allowing it?  Btw I have since graduated to throwing spears (which are AWESOME).  And maybe their use will decline in hard mode but they have saved me many times from zerks and they let me weaken an enemy mob before impact.  Idk about you but I find them very useful.  Once I reach Sargeant they will be epic.
Heh. Have fun being cav. We have 3 weapons and a horse. No support slot nor 4th weapon slot. Our support is taken by the horse.
(05-02-2012, 03:47 AM)Reinhardt link Wrote:Heh. Have fun being cav. We have 3 weapons and a horse. No support slot nor 4th weapon slot. Our support is taken by the horse.

Yeah I know.  The point is that we should have that 4th weapon slot for what we want to use it for.  Especially in the case of infantry.
(05-02-2012, 04:05 AM)Lethwin_Far_Seeker link Wrote:[quote author=Reinhardt link=topic=1143.msg11015#msg11015 date=1328413671]
Heh. Have fun being cav. We have 3 weapons and a horse. No support slot nor 4th weapon slot. Our support is taken by the horse.

Yeah I know.  The point is that we should have that 4th weapon slot for what we want to use it for.  Especially in the case of infantry.
[/quote]
You sound like a broken record. They're not going to change it, so just use a support weapon and help your team out. Or get a fricken shield off the ground, it's really not that big of a deal. Nobody cares that you don't get 3 weapons and a shield, that's completely unnecessary. I use one weapon and have 3 packs of med boxes, a lot more useful than a player who spends all his time cycling through his 3 weapons to bring out the right tool for the job.
I agree that the support slot instead of an normal weapon slot is annoying (most to archers en infantry) there for i also got a idea if we made a  5th slot (that don't intervene with the other slots) for support items that can be used by a fixed key (like x or c or what ever people like the most)  it would allow players to be more hybrid and helpful at the same time
the disadvantage of long lines is that people get lost in the text
If they could map a key to use support items as you suggested, that would be great for medics. Sometimes it's just so hard to put that box down -_-
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(05-02-2012, 08:40 PM)brave_chicken link Wrote:[quote author=Lethwin_Far_Seeker link=topic=1143.msg11017#msg11017 date=1328414721]
[quote author=Reinhardt link=topic=1143.msg11015#msg11015 date=1328413671]

[/quote]
You sound like a broken record. They're not going to change it, so just use a support weapon and help your team out. Or get a fricken shield off the ground, it's really not that big of a deal. Nobody cares that you don't get 3 weapons and a shield, that's completely unnecessary. I use one weapon and have 3 packs of med boxes, a lot more useful than a player who spends all his time cycling through his 3 weapons to bring out the right tool for the job.
[/quote]

Ok man chill out.  I totally understand your choice of combat\support style, but thats my point.  You got to choose that!  What if you were forced to use my style?  Obviously SOMEBODY (Me and some others on this thread) DO care.  Thats why this thread is here.
While you may not like my style of playing, the point is whether people should be able to play that way if they want to.

I disagree with you but I thank you for your input.
(06-02-2012, 04:45 AM)Lethwin_Far_Seeker link Wrote:Ok man chill out.  I totally understand your choice of combat\support style, but thats my point.  You got to choose that!  What if you were forced to use my style?  Obviously SOMEBODY (Me and some others on this thread) DO care.  Thats why this thread is here.
While you may not like my style of playing, the point is whether people should be able to play that way if they want to.

I disagree with you but I thank you for your input.
My point is that your play style isn't impeded--you can get a shield easily. If we were given the option of 4 slots, a LOT less people would go out of the way to use support items. The idea is that people will be too lazy to pick up say a shield during the game, so they will just give in and use a support item. People as persistent as you should take that as a challenge and pick up a shield, saying "no" to support items. You have the choice, you just are lazy about it...
When you reach hard mode it's probably a better idea to be picking shields up off the ground. Almost every shield is a Huscarl's Shield, and you can even find Champion Huscarl Shields on the ground from wave 4 which are better than anything at the shop.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(07-02-2012, 12:50 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote:When you reach hard mode it's probably a better idea to be picking shields up off the ground. Almost every shield is a Huscarl's Shield, and you can even find Champion Huscarl Shields on the ground from wave 4 which are better than anything at the shop.

Well there just happens to be 39 levels between the starting player and hardmode.  Most of the dropped shields are lousy till you get at least past skirmisher.  And without some decent armour its hard to last long against multiple bots without a shield because even with autoblock you cant block two attacks at once.  Still, ONCE AGAIN I am saying that it should be the players CHOICE.  Whether you, me, or anyone else likes the method, the choice should be there.