Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Less shield walls, less enemy?
Well every ones complaining about less shields being a option now - which I think is a great thing really.  But with that said the waves seem a bit over whelming regardless if you've got nothing but good players, even the second wave is a bit much - I was wondering if perhaps another adjustment should be done to hard mode (not stats of enemys, just numbers.)  I mean... there are some waves that one hit a commando that has a champ husk shield while full blocking...?

Just wondering what others think.

The process of the game up until the shield wall adjust went, Spawn, Place, Die... Spawn, Place, Die... Spawn, Place, Die... Spawn, Place, Die... Spawn, Place, Die... Spawn, Place, Die... Spawn, Place, Die... KILL/STAND WITH SHIELD UP

Lolol.
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
If you mean Shield Walls in Swadian Town map, it will be a lot harder to make in next patch.
Also Rangers can shoot easier and wont get stuck.
Noticed this change as well. Given that shield-walling is the only tactic that ensures any degree of survival for a team, I think that this change will only result in people taking longer to make them. If this strategy is frowned upon for whatever reason, then I totally agree with your post, hard mode simply needs some further adjustments to make it playable and desirable without having to resort to shield-walling. I for one have never seen as much teamwork and cooperation in this mod--and in hard mode particularly--as I have in hard mode servers with healers, archers, and commandos working together and using deployable shields en masse. Like I said, this will only mean that it takes teams longer to build these walls, since they remain the only way to see beyond the first few waves alive.
(28-01-2012, 08:58 PM)Hande link Wrote: If you mean Shield Walls in Swadian Town map, it will be a lot harder to make in next patch.
Also Rangers can shoot easier and wont get stuck.

Shield walling is THE only way that a team can get to the later stages, without several people contributing to the shield wall it fails. You should not be trying to denounce teamwork as there is a rarely much of it and you should be encouraging it.
This is utter nonsense. Thank you Fin for being in support of this move. I have been to wave 13 twice without using huge shield walls. Use them properly and selectively and you will go far. The mod is about survival of a team and if you think your only chance of survival is to spam deployable shields, perhaps you should get on TS and learn how to actually work as a team. Hradmodde is continuously undergoing changes (version 0.3.1) and things are always changing and improving. Top level players (level 52) have said to me that they are bored with this tactic in Swadian Town and actually want a challenge. Time to learn how to feint!
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Man , the bots are already running faster than horses , I am now an unhappy person.

Please do not swear.
PS: Hyper even i have proplems fighting the hardmode bots , and i have played warband too long already , so dont tell that anyone should learn to feint
My "learn to feint" comment is directed at people that believe they need shields to survive. There are a host of players that manage to play without resorting to shield spam. Beyond that, if you actually waited a tiny bit longer to see the full extent of the changes being rolled out before resorting to swearing at players then you might find that it is not all doom and gloom Wink
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
We should be able to have atleast two shields for the wall.  one isn't enough, and it sucks that every time something good comes out of this mod, you have to go and take it away. 

Reminds me of living in America.    Might as well put chemicals in my food too while your at it. 

On another note, I do love this mod, and i appreciate your hard work. 

There are just a few things that tick me off..  Like nurfing the shields, and constantly dying because some nubby red shirt runs in front of me when I'm swinging... 
Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer

[WCS] WITCHCORESTUDIOS: Owner / Lead Developer

Current Standalone in progress: Warborn [ Medieval, Survival, Sandbox, MMO ] Assembled using Unity 3D 5

Contact for anything regarding anything: [STEAM]: [WCS] Warborn  [eMAIL]: witchcorestudios@gmail.com
1 - It's ridiculous how people spam and make 3-4 shields almsot overlapping each other

2 - Bots are bugged sometimes trying to attack the shields, they'll turn around to attack it(even though they walked by it already) instead of attacking players while snipers can take easy shots at them (I'm a sniper myself and find it stupid).

3 - Bots take their shields down to take a swing at destroyed shields , which give another good opportunity for archers to take a shot, which makes no sense.

4 - It bugs most of the map and makes walls being "no-clipped" , giving opportunities to glitchers to reach spots Bots can't go or can't reach.

5 - Like Hyper said , Teamwork > Shield Walls. People always complain when we try to change their "easy" way to gain XP or farm, so it's normal to see people angry about that, but for the sake of balancing the game, I think it's essential it gets removed or nerfed/modified.
ditto