Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Master Surgeon's Kit
Hello community and especcially devs Smile

I just crafted this nice new medic box and I wonder if you could or want to add the feature to heal the caster of the box aswell.
I thought this might be valid since it's very expensive to craft and the best piece of it's kind.
I don't know if this change is too much work or not even wanted by the developer team but asking doesn't hurt, does it? (Oh dear, what did I write?! Hyper's gonna punish me with his banhammer to convince me of the opposite)

Thanks for your time, keep on your good work and feel free to regret this request when you don't like the idea or have more important stuff to do Wink

Drunken
i am with you on this one , sir.
Wusel @ Omnia
I think it would maybe a bit overpowered, master surgeons is 12 boxes right? Means you can heal up yourself very fast a few times and always refill it (particularly nice for soloing) and the Engineer is very disadvantaged.

| We’re part of a story, part of a tale, sometimes beautiful, sometimes insane. |
(29-03-2013, 09:50 PM)Kigami link Wrote:I think it would maybe a bit overpowered, master surgeons is 12 boxes right? Means you can heal up yourself very fast a few times and always refill it (particularly nice for soloing) and the Engineer is very disadvantaged.
To your point about soloing getting way easier for surgeons: Until now those who chose the surgeon path have axactly no advantage for soloing, just because they can't heal or resurrect anyone. Comparing the Master Surgeon's Kit with a Barrel, since their prices are better to compare than all the others, the Barrel is very useful, with a team and when you fight on your own. That's because it affects the enemies and the healings/tomes affect the user's teammates, who aren't existing in soloing.
But still this addition might be overpowered, not sure if it can be balanced somehow. Maybe by only healing the caster for a certain value.
Throw in your ideas! Smile
(29-03-2013, 10:25 PM)Drunken Monkey link Wrote:Maybe by only healing the caster for a certain value.

I like this idea, maybe for 1/3 , 1/4 or a 50% chance for healing yourself also but I guess it is not that easy to implement.

| We’re part of a story, part of a tale, sometimes beautiful, sometimes insane. |
Nice idea, a certain chance to heal yourself, like with a wraith spawningafter using a tome. That'd be awesome Smile
That's what I was thinking about. Making a chance, like the spawing of Wraith.
Sold my Volundr Great Sword at the 4th of May, 2014.

Steam: Sinister_Soldier
(29-03-2013, 09:50 PM)Kigami link Wrote:I think it would maybe a bit overpowered, master surgeons is 12 boxes right? Means you can heal up yourself very fast a few times and always refill it (particularly nice for soloing) and the Engineer is very disadvantaged.

Last time I heard it was 3, has that changed recently?
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

(29-03-2013, 11:07 PM)Sinister_Soldier link Wrote:That's what I was thinking about. Making a chance, like the spawing of Wraith.
In my oppinion if would be kind of lame if there is noone and you try to heal yourself, but sorry master surgeon, you forgot it while healing air so try again!
I think it should be x%/100%.
*4/4 engineer chars*
Steam - thebadmanFT
(30-03-2013, 02:00 AM)Swadius link Wrote:[quote author=Kigami link=topic=11513.msg94652#msg94652 date=1364593807]
I think it would maybe a bit overpowered, master surgeons is 12 boxes right? Means you can heal up yourself very fast a few times and always refill it (particularly nice for soloing) and the Engineer is very disadvantaged.

Last time I heard it was 3, has that changed recently?
[/quote]
I don't know what exactly you both are meaning so I'll clear it: Each Master Surgeon's Kit contains 3 healing surges, so when you only equip Master Surgeon's Kits you'll have 12 of them.