Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Tending the Wounded / A new Bulwark
(13-04-2013, 03:20 PM)Tarimoth link Wrote:Update:
The quests should grant an item which is slightly better than the tier 1 item (small medic boxes, dep shields) but not as good as the next tier. An idea for a medic box could be the "Bandage": Selfheal only, 15-25% HP regain. And also the "Make-shift Barricade" a weak, smaller version of the normal barricade.
i like this idea. it would add more variety to the engineer's and medic's tools.
steam: Fluffiluffigus

Archer: SK_Fluffy_Archer
Deployable wall: SK_Fluffy_Footman
Over compensater : SK_Fluffy_Pikeman
Floor-mounted Turret: SK_Fluffy_Xbow
Halbredier: Vlad_the_Impaler
Eternal Redshirt: Fluffiluffigus
So will the quest be real?
☻/
/▌ = Mimer
/ \
(19-04-2013, 12:37 PM)Templar_Mathias link Wrote:So will the quest be real?

Wohooooo hangon there.
Community is one thing, developer chosing to put in a whole bunch of work to realise it is a different matter :p I'm not getting my hopes up, that's for sure. But maybe, just maybe, the idea itself is usable (subclass-related quests with the purpose of differentiating NI's questing system).
It's not fair for medics that if they need heal, they can't healm themself. So it would be nice if a medic can also heal himself.
Could this come in 0.5.0 admins?
It would be verry nice and people will be faster medic  Wink
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
Not a good idea,then everyone would only heal for his own.
Marvin5762:Legionaire/Trained Rider
Marvin5763:Master Peltast/Novice Rider
Marvin5764:Chosen Marksman
Marvin5765:Sniper

House Crafting Support Lvl 13
Alchemy Lvl 15
Blacksmith Lvl 12

Legendary Loots:/
Player since June 2012
But if he try to heal himself, he also heal others in his area.
but then you just make sure that the medic guy get 50% from the given heal to thers.
Example: A medic Box give 1/3 of you heal. The medic guy will earn 1/6 of his heal.

It would a nice idea to stimulate to be medic (If i say it good)
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
Self healing would have 2 options, which both would not be very good for the use medics have now.
1. An item which only heals the medic. Most medics would prefer this over a teamheal, thus leading to a shortage of team-medics.
2. Have the med box also heal the medic. This would cause med boxes to be used when the healer needs it (probably), instead of the team. Putting down a med box could be delayed by a medic because he isn't hurt himself.
So, selfheal is, imo, not the best of ideas.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
I will try to argue for including a self heal:
Firstly, the "Bandage" suggested in my post is not OP; it does not heal alot, as it simulates bandaging a limb like a wounded arm or leg. 25% or so.
Secondly, the mentally of being a "medic" or "healer" would, in my very strong belief, mean that healers would not simply self-heal. The idea that medics would delay heals to only heal themselves (with a teamheal that also heals the user) does not account for the mentality that one automatically assumes when deciding to be the healer. That being said, there would always be the few odd cases of strictly-selfish people, ofcourse. However, Nord Invasion is a team oriented game, and any experienced medic, which is everyone when you go to hard mode, will understand that in order to survive and get far, the shielders, slashers and ranged supports need to survive. A medic would have to be incredibly dumb to only focus on his own health.
Which is why I suggested the bandage. An item that should demand a medium amount of time to apply (otherwise why not just run to the soup?) and will only heal one self. A medic could then, in a team fight, have 3 slots of medic boxes and 1 slot of self heals. Allowing said medic to heal himself when hit. As it is now, that medic will drop his boxes on the ground and ask a team member to pick it up and then heal him, with the same effect.
To add to all these things, I personally really like the idea of a hardened Swadian soldier bandaging himself up and then entering the fray again.
If you read this far, congratulations. I wouldn't have had the patience.
(21-04-2013, 02:38 PM)Tarimoth link Wrote:I will try to argue for including a self heal:
Firstly, the "Bandage" suggested in my post is not OP; it does not heal alot, as it simulates bandaging a limb like a wounded arm or leg. 25% or so.
Secondly, the mentally of being a "medic" or "healer" would, in my very strong belief, mean that healers would not simply self-heal. The idea that medics would delay heals to only heal themselves (with a teamheal that also heals the user) does not account for the mentality that one automatically assumes when deciding to be the healer. That being said, there would always be the few odd cases of strictly-selfish people, ofcourse. However, Nord Invasion is a team oriented game, and any experienced medic, which is everyone when you go to hard mode, will understand that in order to survive and get far, the shielders, slashers and ranged supports need to survive. A medic would have to be incredibly dumb to only focus on his own health.
Which is why I suggested the bandage. An item that should demand a medium amount of time to apply (otherwise why not just run to the soup?) and will only heal one self. A medic could then, in a team fight, have 3 slots of medic boxes and 1 slot of self heals. Allowing said medic to heal himself when hit. As it is now, that medic will drop his boxes on the ground and ask a team member to pick it up and then heal him, with the same effect.
To add to all these things, I personally really like the idea of a hardened Swadian soldier bandaging himself up and then entering the fray again.
If you read this far, congratulations. I wouldn't have had the patience.
Why, yes, I do tend to pick the worst case scenario, but I'm worried about people using med stuff only for themselves. If the self-heals were made slow, that would already be a good way to counteract that.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not a valid worry. I'm glad we're having this debate! Helps create the most solid ideas/suggestions Smile