Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Best Class for Soloing Hardmode?
    My main account is currently a commando, and I am needing some extra money so I decided I would make an alt to solo hardmode. The question is, what class should I aim for? What class would be best for kiting? I was thinking Sniper, or Pikeman, but I cannot decide which one to choose. So I decided to see what the community thinks. Thoughts?
It depends on the map. On large maps where distance is useful to kill bots Sniper is the best (e.g. Overgrown). I prefer to use Sniper to solo, but Pikeman is nice too Wink The problem with pikeman is that you have to refill every wave, while with sniper you can take rangers' arrows! Smile
In general in my opinion Sniper is better
(01-05-2013, 05:32 PM)Lollo link Wrote: It depends on the map. On large maps where distance is useful to kill bots Sniper is the best (e.g. Overgrown). I prefer to use Sniper to solo, but Pikeman is nice too Wink The problem with pikeman is that you have to refill every wave, while with sniper you can take rangers' arrows! Smile
In general in my opinion Sniper is better
Yeah, refilling every wave doesn't sound too good. Anyone else have more thoughts/opinions/preferences?
Normal Sniper. Hard Pikeman. My opinion.
I can easily pass Einherjars on the last defence, but I've got 64 Dragon Breaths to throw...
(01-05-2013, 05:44 PM)Ragnash link Wrote: Normal Sniper. Hard Pikeman. My opinion.

Mine as well. Snipers can just pew pew everything and in hardmode pikeman can HS at the right angle usually every time. Twigs also help =P
Broad shouldered: LatinaHeat
Soft hands: Murrow
Soiled hands: Lantice
Queenie: Phe
Morale Tent: Ailish, Buki, Chasia,
(04-08-2012, 09:06 AM)Legend link Wrote:and you are a sex-object murrow  :Smile (and a guy who's a woman..)
In hardmode, Snipers still do better job than Pikemen, provided they can headshot enemies.

Considering that, "annoying" waves are : possibly 3th and 5th (Spawn of Loki), 4th (Champion huscarls), these bots have a too high shield skill. If you have a barrel you can simply use it for 4th wave and go further.  Wink
Pikemen get an advantage due to their speed, kiting einerjars or followers can be easier. Their accuracy may be a drawnback against Valkyries, Tricksters and Jotnes. But if you don't intend to go so far, I'm willing to say that kiting the first few waves in hardmode with a Pikeman is slightly easier than with a Sniper.

Also remember that Jarids are a very cheap option.
After all, you should choose the class you like the most !
(02-05-2013, 11:24 AM)Yvain link Wrote: In hardmode, Snipers still do better job than Pikemen, provided they can headshot enemies.

Considering that, "annoying" waves are : possibly 3th and 5th (Spawn of Loki), 4th (Champion huscarls), these bots have a too high shield skill. If you have a barrel you can simply use it for 4th wave and go further.  Wink
Pikemen get an advantage due to their speed, kiting einerjars or followers can be easier. Their accuracy may be a drawnback against Valkyries, Tricksters and Jotnes. But if you don't intend to go so far, I'm willing to say that kiting the first few waves in hardmode with a Pikeman is slightly easier than with a Sniper.

Also remember that Jarids are a very cheap option.
After all, you should choose the class you like the most !
For whatever reason, I cannot seem to shoot anyone in the head who has a shield, unless they are within swinging range...I'll probably go with pikeman if someone doesn't post something earth shattering that I haven't known. Thanks for the info guys!
Sharpshooter seems to be pretty decent as well, but haven't tried it yet nor seen anyone in-game kiting with it. Might be a bit too slow.
Striker strikes again.

You could solo with a Bolt Tosser, I think. Other crossbows are just too slow.
Sold my Volundr Great Sword at the 4th of May, 2014.

Steam: Sinister_Soldier