Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Jarold's Armory
I'm using Wings3d and photoshop cs2 with the Nvidia .dds plugin.

Download :  http://www.mediafire.com/?1w8ptcynt9c6277  Must ask for permission to use, unless it is going to be used for NI.

See what i'm doing to help out our friendly neighborhood cRPG players! http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions...!-updated/

Estoc

Stabby two hander that has about 106 reach.

Flambard - Two Handed

Ok so i'm obsessed with flame bladed swords, which is what Flambard means, so I made one. The Flambard has three different versions. It probably has about 117 reach.

One Handed Mourningstar

After many trials and errors I think I finally perfected it.

Helmets

I was always annoyed by the way the great helmet just floated without a neck so here is something for the neck.

Just the regular great helmet with a neck coif.

Just the winged great helmet without its "feathers".

Flammard

Greaves

Now please don't laugh at my first attempt at an armor piece.

Random Models

Just random stuff that I made while bored.

[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
Looking good! And you're right, the weapon is glowy because you didn't add a normal map yet, and the normal map defines which parts should reflect (like the metal parts) and which parts shouldn't. I'm typing on my ipod atm, so I can't refer you to some guides, but I will when I get on my pc Wink
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
It's a One Handed Flamberge ? lol
(02-05-2013, 08:05 AM)Maroon link Wrote: Looking good! And you're right, the weapon is glowy because you didn't add a normal map yet, and the normal map defines which parts should reflect (like the metal parts) and which parts shouldn't. I'm typing on my ipod atm, so I can't refer you to some guides, but I will when I get on my pc Wink

You mean the specular!

Normalmap is used for adding fake 3d detail.

E.g. rather than modelling a scratch, you put it in the normalmap, ingame, it'll appear as if there is a physicial scratch (from the front Tongue).

Also try to fill out the UV map as much as possible!
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
So how do I make the specular exactly, I've been sitting here staring at my screen for awhile now.  Tongue

Also yeah i'm gonna redo part of the uv map to cover more area.
(02-05-2013, 11:59 AM)Senni link Wrote: [quote author=Maroon link=topic=12661.msg103325#msg103325 date=1367481934]
Looking good! And you're right, the weapon is glowy because you didn't add a normal map yet, and the normal map defines which parts should reflect (like the metal parts) and which parts shouldn't. I'm typing on my ipod atm, so I can't refer you to some guides, but I will when I get on my pc Wink

You mean the specular!
[/quote]
Ah, so I did Tongue

Anyway, what you need to do, is, first of, save a backup of your texture.
Once you're sure you have it saved somewhere, combine all your layers into one (by selecting them all, and pressing Ctrl + E). Desaturate the entire image (Ctrl Alt U iirc), so that it turns into a black and white version. If I recall correctly, this black and white version should be in a new layer. If not, go back to your version with colours, copy it all, paste it in a new layer, and desaturate that new layer.
Next thing you wanna do is select all parts you want to have shiny (metal parts in your case), and copy that. Then, in the layers window, you can see a tab called 'Channels'. Open that one, press the button near the bottom of the window to create a new channel, which should be called 'Alpha Channel'. Paste your copied desaturated stuff in it.
Important to remember here, is that black = not shiny, and white = very shiny. So you'll want to make your metal parts pretty white, and the rest of your image black.
That's all you need to do to make your specular! The problem is, though, I haven't got a clue how to get it in game. Maybe Senni can help me out there? Tongue

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."

Hey thanks this will help me out a lot! Do you know if the background for the uv map has to be black or not?
(02-05-2013, 08:56 PM)Jarold link Wrote:

You mean the specular!
[/quote]
Ah, so I did Tongue

Anyway, what you need to do, is, first of, save a backup of your texture.
Once you're sure you have it saved somewhere, combine all your layers into one (by selecting them all, and pressing Ctrl + E). Desaturate the entire image (Ctrl Alt U iirc), so that it turns into a black and white version. If I recall correctly, this black and white version should be in a new layer. If not, go back to your version with colours, copy it all, paste it in a new layer, and desaturate that new layer.
Next thing you wanna do is select all parts you want to have shiny (metal parts in your case), and copy that. Then, in the layers window, you can see a tab called 'Channels'. Open that one, press the button near the bottom of the window to create a new channel, which should be called 'Alpha Channel'. Paste your copied desaturated stuff in it.
Important to remember here, is that black = not shiny, and white = very shiny. So you'll want to make your metal parts pretty white, and the rest of your image black.
That's all you need to do to make your specular! The problem is, though, I haven't got a clue how to get it in game. Maybe Senni can help me out there? Tongue
[/quote]

Hey thanks this will help me out a lot! Do you know if the background for the uv map has to be black or not?
[/quote]

For the specular map, everything not-shiny should be black, including the background. For your texture, the background (around your parts) don't effect your model at all, so it can be anything (hell, draw a smiley on there Tongue)

Yay! Finally got it finished now and i'll post what it looks like in the first post.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out.  ;D
Added a few new models.