Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Why 8-man servers?
I see there are some newer servers going up with an 8-player limit instead of 16.  I like that there are smaller servers, but I just have to ask, why 8?  Yes, 16 divided by 2 is in fact 8, but short of this arbitrary coincidence of mathematics, it seems a poor choice to me.  The number of nord invaders doubles when the number of players on the server reaches seven.  It then triples when the number of players gets even higher (I believe 13 but I don't remember exactly).  Wouldn't it therefore make immensely more sense to set the number of slots on the server to correspond with THESE numbers?  A 6-man server would have the server fill to precisely the correct number for fighting just one standard group of nords per wave.  The next number (is it 13?) would be servers set to fight two groups of nords, and the standard 16-man servers would continue to be for the triple spawned nords.  In contrast, an 8-man server allows for (again assuming 13) double the nords but with 5 fewer players than would otherwise be allowed at that difficulty, thereby severely handicapping the players.  Thoughts?
We weren't allowed to use 6 Tongue, We wanted to.
Alas.  Seems silly, the devs guide on hosting a server says anything 16 and under is allowed, and 8 seems particularly poor.  The fact that server limits don't correspond to the spawn increases just means that I constantly see (and am doing so myself) higher level players that want to play together jumping from empty server to empty server trying to avoid all the lower levels that join after they're already doing well and make the difficulty go up.  It feels like the devs need to acknowledge this issue by either allowing for server slots to be aligned to the spawn numbers or they need to consider something else, like setting number of spawns based on total player levels instead of number of players as was suggested in another thread.  I know many players (myself included) will simply not play the game and come back later if they can't find a server with a small group of players that actually has a prayer of getting to higher waves.  I think many mid to high level players are tired of not getting past wave 10 simply because they're team is stuffed full of recruits.  Hard-mode is a good addition that somewhat addresses this issue, but not directly and not sufficiently in my opinion.

EDIT:  Devs, your game is awesome.  TY
i would LOVE for there to be allowed 6 man servers, would make getting to higher level waves with less red shirts just causing more nords to come with out taking any of them out

I'd like to see more normal and hard 8 man servers - its hard trying to get deep into even just the normal levels with so many not being able to pull weight and just making more enemies.  Spawn waves should be based off players that are currently a live... but players that go to spectate won't generate less bots (to prevent people from decreasing boss wave size just for hunting loot reasons)

I mean - sometimes I just wanna make it to troopers but I have to deal with 900 sea raiders and 700 donkey riding peasants.
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
Yeah Yeah Yeah. Smaller server. So everybody can play with his best friends and no stupid other random people. And yes we also need passwords. Lets call it "GOTS legendary grinding Fest without stupid random people" oh no wait lets call it "Event". And we need kick votes to kick all noobs...

sarcasm guys sarcasm ...  :o
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
Hmm, have seen GOTS_Hard server running with limit of 6 players. Probably already 6 players limit is allowed
(05-02-2012, 10:40 PM)Fighting Phil link Wrote: Hmm, have seen GOTS_Hard server running with limit of 6 players. Probably already 6 players limit is allowed

I think that was temporary. It is now back to 8.
"And it goes a little something like this..."
Just to stop the polemic right now, last event yesterday on Gots server was a 16men server, no grinding fest but many test on different map. About random ppl, Sanitarium joined us in sefond part, this is not that closed.

But anyway, if its balanced 8 low pop servers have as sense as high pop servers imo (but only hard mod as high lvl help low lvl on normal mod).
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
Best to play in a kind of area with a smaller player numbers of men.