Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nord Invasion about to fizzle out.
(21-08-2015, 03:37 PM)Malong link Wrote: [quote author=Noidenous link=topic=45644.msg239952#msg239952 date=1440167018]
I believe the problem at the time was a lack of mappers and, by extension, quality maps, despite the nature of said public outcry.
100% incorrect. The maps were being purposefully edited to remove choke points, and be more open. The movement was the idea that the mod should be more difficult, and a lot of players stopped playing. Recall Swadian Town, Swadian Outskirts from those eras. Players were just playing the archer and now-defunct cavalry classes where cavalry would kite the bots while archers would shoot from further back. It was done because it gave the best chance for progression, instead of the "fun" of playing infantry and trying to defeat bots. If that was really the player base's idea of fun, more players would have done that, but they didn't.

(21-08-2015, 02:23 PM)Noidenous link Wrote: Instead of having more elaborate maps that allowed for progressive difficulty -- rather than the smack in the face that Hard Mode was at the time -- barricading became so much the norm that it was absolutely required and had to be catered for. This was especially the case when proximal looting was introduced.
Because regardless of what you think, people don't want too much of a challenge, let alone insurmountable ones. Your quarrel seems to be with human nature and the demographics of this mod.
[/quote]
Not sure about the other servers, but the Australian ones were thriving (three or four of them often full) prior to the changes I've mentioned.

I started about a month before cavalry was removed and the drive for enclosed maps was renewed. Kiting was definitely a problem with cavalry (rightfully removed), and far too many archers were exploiting the 'shoot through the top of the shield and run away' mechanic, leading to massive wait times for other players.

The 8 or so maps at the time were nice and open, however the spawning process ended up in a non-staggered approach from the bots, leading to every player being mobbed sequentially. A rethink of the way in which the spawning flowed and the difficulty was increased would've rejuvenated the scene rather than force it down the path it took.

Am certainly not claiming to be the voice of every player, but I do hope to see an NI or other Invasion mod for Bannerlord that doesn't emphasise/promote the type of gameplay NI became. My main point of interest in Bannerlord's eventual release is whether the bot AI will be more dynamic and if their collision issues are resolved.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Nord Invasion about to fizzle out. - by Kip - 27-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Re: Nord Invasion about to fizzle out. - by Kip - 27-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Re: Nord Invasion about to fizzle out. - by DR. - 28-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Re: Nord Invasion about to fizzle out. - by bob - 28-07-2015, 11:30 PM
Re: Nord Invasion about to fizzle out. - by bob - 29-07-2015, 01:03 PM
Re: Nord Invasion about to fizzle out. - by DR. - 04-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Re: Nord Invasion about to fizzle out. - by DR. - 06-08-2015, 05:20 AM
Re: Nord Invasion about to fizzle out. - by Noidenous - 21-08-2015, 04:35 PM