Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Bots will damage cades when they attempt to swing at them in addition to whenever they hit them.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
This is fine as is.
5.36%
3 5.36%
This should be removed. (Why?)
26.79%
15 26.79%
The time between attacks on the barricade should be increased.
7.14%
4 7.14%
The extra damage should be reduced, or barricade health should be increased. (How much?)
21.43%
12 21.43%
Attack range should be decreased to make bots more attracted to players nearby.
39.29%
22 39.29%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New Feature Discussion, Extra Damage to Cades
(27-07-2013, 09:16 AM)Aegis_Gutsman link Wrote: Everyone will be complaining they are useless right now because they have not learned to adapt yet.

A simple way to solve the problem is to just spread barricades out so that they do not all get hit at the same time.

Maybe the range is too much but this game needs a challenge and people seem to think that once something becomes harder that it should be returned to what it was before

That being  said in the event last night we made it to wave 16 hard and only died because 2 wraiths spawned. We had about 2 hours to adapt and for most of the people there that was plenty of time whenever a new system is brought into a game people need to find out how it works and find a way to work with it.

This is my personal opinion which seems to be only shown once before in this thread where as the majority seem to think "this is too hard I don't want to have to work for my good xp and loot".

If you disagree with what I have said please respond because if we have a discussion about it we will help the devs in their decision to change this.

During that event we had mutiple tomes. Developer support and  a massive amount of items that you will barely find in a everyday public server.
I'm not saying that hard shouldnt be hard, but you should still be able to get atleast further in pubs  then wave 4 without super expensive items. (thats where we have ragnarok mode for after all).
I personally like it, though I'm a melee person and don't care much about ranged folk that much unless they're really, really good. It's nice to see bigger shield walls and more importance placed on holding a shield wall.

Now all we need is the ability to kneel.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

Punishment even though we had hande for the event we still needed to adapt for a while which we were still using the normal cading techniques so all we would have had to do was spread out the cades more and we should have been fine but at the time we did not know that.

I did not say that the adaption would be easy but I think people should play for a bit longer before saying this is impossible and want it changed back.

Thank you for your response punishment.
Barricade health was already increased to compensate for the extra damage (~20-33%?), but I guess bots missed hitting them much more often than I thought they did.

This was largely intended to get rid of stacking a line of cades 4-5 layers thick and skipping shielders entirely, but the distance on attack attempts might be a bit too high, and it could be that they are still damaging them while being staggered from hits.

Think the only bot besides Prince/Thor/Odin with crushthrough now is Fionn.

Anyway, I will wait for more posts before making any changes, but from initial poll results I think:

Attack interval 1 -> 2 seconds
Attack distance 3.2m -> .8m (dep shield and barrel .5m)
Extra damage 20 -> 8

I will announce when changes take place.
I don't mind the changes so much. However the 3.2m range is too much, the suggested changes banks has proposed would be enough I feel.
Was a good idea as sometimes I do feel useless as a royal guard, but it certainly needs looking at as at the moment for a hard server you need 3/4 shielders with cades now useless so you cannot use them but if this feature is balanced then it's a good idea but at the moment how it is I would rather the old system feeling useless as a shielder
WS_Bradapple = Chosen Marksmen
WS_Bradapple_II = Royal Guard
WS_Brad =Warden
WS_Peaky_Blinder = Thomas Shelby
It's not a case of 'learning to adapt' it doesn't matter whether you have 2-3 shielders along with the cades, they still get chewed to pieces, the new stats you suggested seem like a good place to start and go from there.

I'd like to add though Banks, I think it's great you're trying to get the communities slant on this update and the range AI issue, I really respect that.
DB_Journeyman_Jon

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." - Steven Wright
(27-07-2013, 03:56 PM)Bradapple link Wrote: Was a good idea as sometimes I do feel useless as a royal guard, but it certainly needs looking at as at the moment for a hard server you need 3/4 shielders with cades now useless so you cannot use them but if this feature is balanced then it's a good idea but at the moment how it is I would rather the old system feeling useless as a shielder

Wait, what? Shielders are the most important atm as cades are useless??
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(27-07-2013, 04:54 PM)Slayer link Wrote: [quote author=Bradapple link=topic=16206.msg128236#msg128236 date=1374940598]
Was a good idea as sometimes I do feel useless as a royal guard, but it certainly needs looking at as at the moment for a hard server you need 3/4 shielders with cades now useless so you cannot use them but if this feature is balanced then it's a good idea but at the moment how it is I would rather the old system feeling useless as a shielder

[/quote]

What he means is that in the old version, he felt kinda useless as a royal guard, but the new one doesn't let you survive more than 8 waves, because there's not enough shielders, so he'd prefer the old system at this point. Or, well, that's what I understood from it.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(27-07-2013, 05:58 PM)Maroon link Wrote: [quote author=Slayer link=topic=16206.msg128251#msg128251 date=1374944044]
[quote author=Bradapple link=topic=16206.msg128236#msg128236 date=1374940598]

[/quote]

What he means is that in the old version, he felt kinda useless as a royal guard, but the new one doesn't let you survive more than 8 waves, because there's not enough shielders, so he'd prefer the old system at this point. Or, well, that's what I understood from it.
[/quote]

Yes what maroon said, Sorry I did not explain it very well.
WS_Bradapple = Chosen Marksmen
WS_Bradapple_II = Royal Guard
WS_Brad =Warden
WS_Peaky_Blinder = Thomas Shelby