Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Too low durability of barricades

If we delete all the cades and from now on shielders shield,how would we fight the prince with crushthrough?
[/quote]

Ironmace, heavy war hammer, stone maul, Aim for the feet

Work on a team strategies, "Improvise, Adapt, Overcome" Marine Corp Slogan
(25-10-2013, 11:28 PM)Lone_Wolf_PL link Wrote: [quote author=madjosh link=topic=19230.msg147354#msg147354 date=1382740238]
barricades need less health and shielders need a buff.

Yea, you're totally right. Maybe let's delete all barricades, because they're useless now and while playing ragnarok we will be building walls from shielders...
[/quote]

barricades aren't meant to hold nords for prolonged periods of time. a well placed barricade will lead the nords directly into a shielder. at the moment they should probably be made weaker, as you can see on first defence where shielders aren't even needed. I can almost guarantee the devs wont buff them any time soon
(26-10-2013, 12:17 AM)Suns link Wrote: [quote author=Lone_Wolf_PL link=topic=19230.msg147363#msg147363 date=1382743697]
[quote author=madjosh link=topic=19230.msg147354#msg147354 date=1382740238]
barricades need less health and shielders need a buff.

Yea, you're totally right. Maybe let's delete all barricades, because they're useless now and while playing ragnarok we will be building walls from shielders...
[/quote]

If we delete all the cades and from now on shielders shield,how would we fight the prince with crushthrough?
[/quote]

Pray in the face of death he stubs his toe and breaks his neck.
Baricades are a very tricky thing, since balancing them correctly still hasnt happened. For example, the update "shields up'' was originally made to get rid of the fact that people relied on cades and make shielders more important. But after people bitched about it being too hard, they removed the biggest change in cading and put it back the way it was.

I think all we can say is that the devs are trying things out to balance cading vs proper teamwork.
It wasnt removed, and people werent 'bitching about it'. At the original version, shc were destroyed in ~10 secs on hard and ragnarok at the first wave, as every bot within 15 meters or something would hit it. I agree with madjosh that cades should not be buffed, maybe even toned down some more.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Strong NO 
no buff for cades  we got so many classes with great shield skill  that its probably possible to play no cades event at least on normal and hard
AMOR PATRIAE NOSTRA LEX
(26-10-2013, 09:00 AM)Maroon link Wrote: It wasnt removed, and people werent 'bitching about it'. At the original version, shc were destroyed in ~10 secs on hard and ragnarok at the first wave, as every bot within 15 meters or something would hit it. I agree with madjosh that cades should not be buffed, maybe even toned down some more.

And thats whats happening on hard now.
It takes on average 14-16s to destroy SHC  by 2 nords from first wave
So that would be 10s by 3 nords ?

Feel free to test it

Its not the durability, but scaling of damage done to cades. Maybe its done as linear increase and it should be more exponential through the 3 difficulty modes.
I say again, this post is about Hard mode, not Ragarok.

(26-10-2013, 09:07 AM)Sudoku_killer link Wrote: Strong NO 
no buff for cades  we got so many classes with great shield skill  that its probably possible to play no cades event at least on normal and hard

Yea, I can agree that playing on Hard with organized team you won't need much cades. But if you join random server you can't count on that there will be enough shielders with quite good shields...
Legendaries looted:
• 07.11.2013 - Durendal
• 28.02.2017 - Thanos Legacy
• 05.03.2017 - Ornate Arming Helmet
• 05.03.2018 - Ailadrodd

[Image: v1.png]
Don't really see why un-organised, un-equip rabble deserves to get to the final wave...

A 10k item shouldn't mean an auto-win.
Do only I have thoughts about that the cades' durability was changed to this level that only richest houses (not gonna call them by name)- with a few tomes, barells, RGs and few wall cades, could make/finish Hard/Ragnarok mode (and get expensive stuff like legendaries)?

EDIT:
(26-10-2013, 12:25 PM)Ragnash link Wrote: A 10k item shouldn't mean an auto-win.
I agree with you that bunch of sticks dug in the ground shouldn't stop hordes of nords for hours but this is a game. The main thing in games is the entertainment, not reality (but yea, sometimes reality is equal to entertainment/excitement).
Playing NI since December 2011
So you are saying a 10k item should be the same as an item that can take MONTHS and an ENTIRE house to make? I think you'd find if there was no challenge and no reward for people that invest time and effort, there is no game and eventually there would be no players.