Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Rent a Full time Event Server
Bad Idea i already spend too much on cheap redwine.
I do like the idea of private servers however I believe there would be some legal issues involved, if Taleworlds found out they could have the mod suspended (and maybe hyper sued) This is the same reason as to why the devs stopped giving out donator torches, cant have a third party making money out of warband.

The only way around the problem would be through paying with ingame money (1 mil for a month kind of deal)
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
That is true, They could easily involve legal action.
Odin x1
Gunnar The Invincible x1
Prince x5
Nord Siege Commander x2
Nord Commander x4
(17-11-2013, 01:45 PM)Tugmund_Caoliki link Wrote: That is true, They could easily involve legal action.

I am just trying to come up with an idea/solution to where all the players with the right gear/want to contribute/dont leech/dont afk and dont aggro the rest of the server could play hassle free. Most players i know just end up leaving the server and go to another, where then they are followed by the 10 players they left to get rid of and therefore just quit for the night. Maybe another suggestion would be to have a donators server? Most of the players you find now getting the legendarys  are the ones that often get caught using website glitches and have a huge amount of kicks on the public servers.
(17-11-2013, 06:21 PM)evilban link Wrote: [quote author=Tugmund_Caoliki link=topic=19895.msg151434#msg151434 date=1384695940]

I am just trying to come up with an idea/solution to where all the players with the right gear/want to contribute/dont leech/dont afk and dont aggro the rest of the server could play hassle free. Most players i know just end up leaving the server and go to another, where then they are followed by the 10 players they left to get rid of and therefore just quit for the night. Maybe another suggestion would be to have a donators server? Most of the players you find now getting the legendarys  are the ones that often get caught using website glitches and have a huge amount of kicks on the public servers.
[/quote] Problem with private servers for a start is the biggest clans will be the only ones with them I.E UK , VLKA , CC , ON. It would mean an unfair advantage to those without the means to have access to one themselves. They would have the advantage of communication and thus a plan of action which in turn would mean many waves of normal , hard and rag completed with ease increasing the number of drops. Not just legendary s but mats as-well it would have a severe effect on the economy and would most likely leave an unbridgeable gap where the more common mats I.E coal , HM etc become extremely cheap but the still more rare items would keep their high prices and make it difficult to make any money without either having the luck of finding one on a barren non clan server or be forced to join a high ranking house. Basically it would end up being a mass farm with prices decreasing and screwing over the economy , in frustration with not being able to get an item without playing for months people would leave. Keep the event servers for private matches. - Just my opinion on the matter for all i know it could work perfectly but after all we don't live in a perfect world
Dreaded War Pick - 13/05/2018 - Loke
Fell Edge - 29/06/2018 - Tyr
Dragon Halberd - 05/08/2018 - Einherjar Berserker
Zephyr - 30/09/2018 - Odin
Quote: Ramos_Caoliki link=topic=19895.msg151498#msg151498 date=1384717626]
[quote author=evilban link=topic=19895.msg151479#msg151479 date=1384712473]
[quote author=Tugmund_Caoliki link=topic=19895.msg151434#msg151434 date=1384695940]

[/quote] Problem with private servers for a start is the biggest clans will be the only ones with them I.E UK , VLKA , CC , ON. It would mean an unfair advantage to those without the means to have access to one themselves. They would have the advantage of communication and thus a plan of action which in turn would mean many waves of normal , hard and rag completed with ease increasing the number of drops. Not just legendary s but mats as-well it would have a severe effect on the economy and would most likely leave an unbridgeable gap where the more common mats I.E coal , HM etc become extremely cheap but the still more rare items would keep their high prices and make it difficult to make any money without either having the luck of finding one on a barren non clan server or be forced to join a high ranking house. Basically it would end up being a mass farm with prices decreasing and screwing over the economy , in frustration with not being able to get an item without playing for months people would leave. Keep the event servers for private matches. - Just my opinion on the matter for all i know it could work perfectly but after all we don't live in a perfect world
[/quote]

I don't really like this idea either but I think it is wrong to call it an "unfair" advantage. The reason why the houses you listed would be able to support and work well on servers is because they have loyal members and have been working hard in this mod for a long time. "Unfair" implies that there is. Random element to things.
Bossculeur - 52 Royal Guard
Fafnir - 52 Marauder
It's a good way to generate some steady income for devs, so they can continue working on this mod and pay for other servers, so i'd say yes to it. I just hope some of you guys won't end up playing only on those private servers :/
(17-11-2013, 07:50 PM)bossculeur link Wrote: [quote author=[HC] Ramos_Caoliki link=topic=19895.msg151498#msg151498 date=1384717626]
[quote author=evilban link=topic=19895.msg151479#msg151479 date=1384712473]
[quote author=Tugmund_Caoliki link=topic=19895.msg151434#msg151434 date=1384695940]

[/quote]

I don't really like this idea either but I think it is wrong to call it an "unfair" advantage. The reason why the houses you listed would be able to support and work well on servers is because they have loyal members and have been working hard in this mod for a long time. "Unfair" implies that there is. Random element to things.
[/quote]
Unfair advantage : 1. The largest houses , been around for the longest with the largest player groups meaning they'd be able to support it. 2. Unfair doesn't imply random elements it implies that its not fair because some will excel at the expense of others I.E finding lots of mats on a private server because there aren't 6 people randomly joining every 5 mins and ruining your kite / grind with your Friends whom you may have planned to get something from thus lowering prices all around and screwing over the smaller houses and independent players. Most of the large house players wouldn't even need to get the mats to sell because the leaders and captains are so rich they can simply hand out gear to their members. It would simply make the game easier for the people who already do not struggle the game unbearable for those who don't already own high end Craftables and legendarys. Private servers existed before and the Phalangites were complete cretins who made players give them their hard earned items when they'd gotten in game or they'd kick them and itself was simply one personal experience.
Dreaded War Pick - 13/05/2018 - Loke
Fell Edge - 29/06/2018 - Tyr
Dragon Halberd - 05/08/2018 - Einherjar Berserker
Zephyr - 30/09/2018 - Odin
This is a Bad idea to to the possibility of Taleworlds taking legal action against the mod that could get it shut down for everyone altogether. Aswell as this it will have a very negetive affect on gameplay and drops as, As Ramos said only those who have the funds to pay for a private server will be able to enjoy this priviledge yet those who cannot afford such luxuries will be at a Disadvantage in the mod due to their income in their personal lives. They will only be owned by large houses as well and they will be farmed huge amounts causing an emptying of public servers where Clan-less people and new people will not be able to get to the higher levels or any xp due to the fact that all the experienced players will be grinding away for mats on their private servers. Due to the fact that the big clans will be getting more frequent drops due to them being very organised and a team full of high tier clan members, Devs will inevitably have to lower drop rates to keep mats hard and Legendaries rare. This means that the now even further disadvantaged community that are not in these elitist clans, even if they do manage to get to a high level with the people they get with them somehow they have no chance of getting a Drop.

This mod will give a few elitist members of houses owned by people that are fortunate enough to be rich IRL an unfair advantage over everyone else, and has a strong possibility of ruining the mod alto ghee for the thousands of players it has.

I think the mod is doing very well at the moment with NI Event servers generously provided for us available to rent freely for all, And this "Too much of a good thing" Idea to have Event like gamespractically will kill the mod somehow.  Ever felt sick after drinking the maple syrup? This idea will force gallons of maple syrup down NI's throat until it vomits over its face and dies.

Lots of love, Tugmund
Odin x1
Gunnar The Invincible x1
Prince x5
Nord Siege Commander x2
Nord Commander x4
Yeah, we have event servers for a reason. If you'd like to have an event then by all means have one. I am not a fan of closeted groups playing away and I am certainly not a fan of tactics such as charging players to play on "private servers". I like the NI community and I want it to remain one community.

Not happening and locked.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus