Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nord Kill Points (NKP)
(12-12-2013, 08:25 PM)Sinister_Soldier link Wrote: What about shielders then, Vortegen?
Goddamnit....always forget about that-.-
Characters:
Captain_Sobel---Master Peltast LVL 52
Captain_Sobel_IV---Commando LVL 49
Captain_Sobel_VII---Man At Arms LVL 36
Captain_Sobel_X---Sniper LVL 42

Prince: /
Ragnar: 1
Odin: 1
All comes down to any system that is based on kills will never work.
Yea the shielders are always in the way:/
(no offense to the good shielders)
Characters:
Captain_Sobel---Master Peltast LVL 52
Captain_Sobel_IV---Commando LVL 49
Captain_Sobel_VII---Man At Arms LVL 36
Captain_Sobel_X---Sniper LVL 42

Prince: /
Ragnar: 1
Odin: 1
Lol, try and get even 1/10th of your standard kills on ragnarok without shielders.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(12-12-2013, 11:16 PM)Mythil & Mythik link Wrote: Also, even though I enjoy kiting on my own in a server, I cannot deny the fact that NI is a teamplay game which requires synchronization and  coorperation between the number of players in the server in order to meet the last wave. However, it would be totally absurd to base NKP on the number of kills? Then, for example, in Swadian Town, a great porton of the points would got to the ranged. So, instead of  making it based on personal kills, why not focus on the overall team kill? So, instead of giving each nord a certain amount of points, why not give the wave itself a value according to the amount of players in the server which then to be divided into the amount of players that were in the server and alive?
For example
Ragnarok Mode Wave 1,
Number of Players: 16
Total Amount of points from the wave: 320
Amount of points each player gets: 20

Of course, amount of points would be in a progressive manner as you move to the next waves.

Another example
Ragnarok Mode Wave 1
Number of Players: 1
Total amount of points from the wave: 10

The numbers are competely random. However, by doing this both the ranged who has the ability to kill many of the nords during the wave and the shielders who actually allow the ranged to be able to kill the nords would have an access to the same amount of points during a wave. This is it for now. Let me know what you guys think on the wave based point system.
This was the original idea already, people that are commenting just aren't reading properly before posting hehe
Great post, but not being based on kills is sorta the entire point of the discussion so far. Tongue
As said here:
(05-12-2013, 11:24 AM)Slayer link Wrote: So it's based around the nords that you have spawned, LIKE!

Anyways, I don't really care whether NKP are based on waves or enemies, I guess having it based on enemies is easier to implement for the devs, so adding, say, 3 NKP for a certain bot killed within assist exp range (so the game would say 45 Assist EXP, 4 Gold and 3 NKP for example).

Edit: Dangit Winter, ya beat me to it. Tongue
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(12-12-2013, 11:24 PM)Winter link Wrote: [quote author=Mythil & Mythik link=topic=20410.msg155409#msg155409 date=1386890171]
Also, even though I enjoy kiting on my own in a server, I cannot deny the fact that NI is a teamplay game which requires synchronization and  coorperation between the number of players in the server in order to meet the last wave. However, it would be totally absurd to base NKP on the number of kills? Then, for example, in Swadian Town, a great porton of the points would got to the ranged. So, instead of  making it based on personal kills, why not focus on the overall team kill? So, instead of giving each nord a certain amount of points, why not give the wave itself a value according to the amount of players in the server which then to be divided into the amount of players that were in the server and alive?
For example
Ragnarok Mode Wave 1,
Number of Players: 16
Total Amount of points from the wave: 320
Amount of points each player gets: 20

Of course, amount of points would be in a progressive manner as you move to the next waves.

Another example
Ragnarok Mode Wave 1
Number of Players: 1
Total amount of points from the wave: 10

The numbers are competely random. However, by doing this both the ranged who has the ability to kill many of the nords during the wave and the shielders who actually allow the ranged to be able to kill the nords would have an access to the same amount of points during a wave. This is it for now. Let me know what you guys think on the wave based point system.
This was the original idea already, people that are commenting just aren't reading properly before posting hehe
[/quote]

Hehehe, I just realized that it was the same idea. I just forgot that it was the original one. Well, regardless, I like this idea of NKPs in the gameplay.
(12-12-2013, 12:07 PM)k4mi link Wrote: Uh another discussion about who deserves a drop....
At least this discussion makes a bit more sense.
But before you melt your brains with random numbers for items and enemies, think about the way you explained in general.
Basically you are describing a system that would favor active players for loots ( Any kinds of loot ? Legendaries ? Crooked Sticks ?), because the most active players would have the most NKP.
That means people, who dont have the time to play that much, wont get much loots because they are not active enough.
And active players (who are already getting more loot because they are playing more then the others ) would get almost everything.
Where is that fair ? In which case would that be better than a random system ?
Do you really want to have all the items going in one direction ? I dont think so.

They still get loot from the drops as per normal. Just the players that get nothing with hours and hours spent can get something via NKP.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(12-12-2013, 12:07 PM)k4mi link Wrote: Uh another discussion about who deserves a drop....
At least this discussion makes a bit more sense.
But before you melt your brains with random numbers for items and enemies, think about the way you explained in general.
Basically you are describing a system that would favor active players for loots ( Any kinds of loot ? Legendaries ? Crooked Sticks ?), because the most active players would have the most NKP.
That means people, who dont have the time to play that much, wont get much loots because they are not active enough.
And active players (who are already getting more loot because they are playing more then the others ) would get almost everything.
Where is that fair ? In which case would that be better than a random system ?
Do you really want to have all the items going in one direction ? I dont think so.

I will summarize this a dev telling everyone dont bother playing this mod you wont be rewarded for your time spent. At least we know what direction where heading in now. This is exactly why many people have quit the mod to go and play games where they can put in a lot of hours and be rewarded based on what they play. Completely lost confidence in the mod now.

how dare the people putting in the most work and play longer hours get rewarded more then anyone else! - how dumb do i sound.
The basic concepts of most DKP systems are simple. Players are given points for participating in raids or other guild events and spend those points on the item of their choice when the boss 'drops' the item.

As the number of players required to defeat a boss grows, so does the problem of distributing the rewards from such efforts. Since these items appear, or "drop", in quantities much smaller than the total number of players in the group required to defeat them, a means of deciding which of the players should receive the items is necessary. At the "endgame", new items rewarded from boss kills represent one of the only means to continue to enhance the combat effectiveness of the character or the social standing of the player. As such, individual players care about receiving a fair shot at dropped items.

Copied from wikipedia to give you more of an insight.