Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Horse Archery
Hi All! Smile

Having spent alot of time with the search function in respect to this,
I only could find really old stuff about this topic= which is why, instead
of necroing another, I started this topic. Forgive me if a decision on it
has already been made or a solution found...I just couldn't find it.

Having reached Adept Rider now and being a Sniper, I thought that at
some point my horse archery would increase, which it didn't. I have read
that the intention to not let it increase was, not to make it OP and fa-
vourite kiting too much on cav.
I also read though that it is planned to improve the ranged ability on
horseback a bit...
Anyway I haven't found any news on it and would be really curious to
that.
Here are a few interesting quotes to it, originating from older threads...
(24-10-2013, 06:33 AM)Punishment™ link Wrote: [quote author=Kip link=topic=19155.msg147025#msg147025 date=1382596143]
I highly doubt it.  With normal shooting accuracy, kiting would be too easy making them overpowered.

Right , but right now Pikeman and Commando seem to be the most viable classes for this new mode. But i dont think its the intention to make only 2 classes viable in this mode, as i cant see to fit in the archer anywhere with its poor Powerstrike and the Sharpshooter is just a weaker infantryman who is easlisy outshined by the commando in everything.
[/quote]

(16-12-2013, 08:41 PM)Senni link Wrote: I also intend to tweak player mounted ranged accuracy (it still won't be pin point, but hopefully less complaints Tongue).

(05-01-2014, 01:09 AM)FreakyZ link Wrote: Archers need Horse Archery Skill...i hate cavalery becouse the visor is too big :/ Big Grin

Thanks for reading and in advance for responding... Smile
Well, I can understand the devs on one side that they want to not make it to easy for us to kite cav, but Archer is the class which got nerfed the most.
When cav came out I tried to kite and the visor was perfect, because it was similar to the one of Native/Singleplayer, so I thought this was perfect, because you still needed some skill to kill them. I reached wave 12 some times but whiped on that wave Sad
All I got was 3 HM and I thought well this was not pretty much, but a lot of fun.
And after I tried it again like 2 months later it was way too big. I could not even do wave 8 easy, because m visor freaked out.
So I think the visor how it is now is a bit too big. It was never easy to play cav, but now it is just no fun for Archers, even if you got a Stag Bow, who got a good accuracy.
Greets Tarrod
[Image: Tarbs.jpg]
"I wish the germans would have melt the Eiffel Tower and make tanks to kill the french" - not telling
"I ain´t gonna drop my stuff for these guys" - Wambo
"What do you call the german Secret Service? -  SS" - not telling
(13-06-2014, 05:58 PM)Tarrod link Wrote: Well, I can understand the devs on one side that they want to not make it to easy for us to kite cav, but Archer is the class which got nerfed the most.
When cav came out I tried to kite and the visor was perfect, because it was similar to the one of Native/Singleplayer, so I thought this was perfect, because you still needed some skill to kill them. I reached wave 12 some times but whiped on that wave Sad
All I got was 3 HM and I thought well this was not pretty much, but a lot of fun.
And after I tried it again like 2 months later it was way too big. I could not even do wave 8 easy, because m visor freaked out.
So I think the visor how it is now is a bit too big. It was never easy to play cav, but now it is just no fun for Archers, even if you got a Stag Bow, who got a good accuracy.
Greets Tarrod

I don't think Horse Archery got nerfed since they introduced cav, since we never had any Horse Archery (okay, 1 point, which we still have) in the first place. I think the difference you felt was being on a quicker horse (assuming you were). If you'd try to shoot from a Trained Pony, I think you'll see your cone of fire is about as big as when you first tried it.

On subject: Yes, as it stands, Archers can do nothing on cav mode. They are less useful than Commandos and Pikemen in literally every way. Cav mode as it is, including the cav classes, are very imbalanced, and the devs are aware of that afaik, but I don't know their plans for it.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Couldn't the horse archery increase with the riding classes? It takes already 1,5 mio mounted xp to reach Tier 4, Adept Rider, It seems (at least to me) to be even harder to get this amount than reching level 52 and hero. Or could there at least be special bows that don't deal that much damage or have a low shoot/missile speed, which wouldn't make archery that overpowered. At the moment archers have no advantage in Cav, worst accuracy, worst armour, even heavier than Pikemen's ones and there is no way as in the other servers to shoot over the bots' shields, not even dismounted  :'(
Honestly horse archery isn't too inaccurate if you're a warden with a good bow. It's accurate enough to the point where I can hit things a few meters away nearly every time when at full speed, and when I want to make a farther shot I can slow down or stop all together. What I think the main role for horse archers is killing enemy horses and then killing enemies without shields once all enemies are without a mount, since it is very easy to kill horses as an archer. I think if you have some decent equipment archers become just as good or even better than the other classes. What really need to change is the insane shielding skill of the cav enemies. I don't like to have to get a peasant with a wooden shield to lower it or even having to break it just so I can pop him in the head. The class that I think is at a disadvantage is crossbowmen, because honestly they are utterly useless in cav.
Thanks to all of you so far that have contributed to this thread.
As cav is imo a very good thing to have, all opinions are important
and will surely be of use for an improvement of this great idea.

If enough are contributing here, we might sooner or later get some
real news about improvements that have a chance to make it into
cav, which would be most appreciated... Smile
In my opinon horse archery shouldnt be buffed. All last map updates makes us play more in team and makes kiting harder, same thing is with cav. If archers are working in team they are quite powerfull and usefull, their job is to drag out mounted units, kill their horses and then come back to fight. With current achery skill and nords shield skill, kiting is hard but two archers with good tactics can pass almost all kinds of waves. As far as I know archers kiting was one of the reasons why cav was removed, if they buff that skill they would allow us to do it again.

All cav really needs, is more loots suitable to difficulity of waves (3x basic wood for unit stronger than jotne is not funny) but if devs want to add some loots they probably want to be sure that we cant kite cav
Legendarys looted:
Aurora Blade - April 2013
Barbutte with Coif - February 2014
Eastern Katana - November 2014
Tiger Scale Armor - November 2015