Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ranger nerf
I was wondering when one of these threads would pop up again...
they only just gave the longbow 3 more dmg and people already complain about rangers? i just did my first hard mode and rangers only killed me once. its about being careful wait untill they target something else and only go for headshots. if you dont kill them on the first shot they will kill you. faster archers are worse i find. they just spam you to death.
so... go for head shot miss and then die from the instant head shot? theres to many of them for them all to be focused on something
(14-07-2012, 12:36 AM)Lucina link Wrote: they only just gave the longbow 3 more dmg and people already complain about rangers? i just did my first hard mode and rangers only killed me once. its about being careful wait untill they target something else and only go for headshots. if you dont kill them on the first shot they will kill you. faster archers are worse i find. they just spam you to death.
im goina guess your not an archer
Theyre not that hard guys...
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
(13-07-2012, 07:24 PM)PK_Ultrasonic link Wrote: they were nerfed last patch? i coulda sworn it said more rangers in the change log?

Thats a bit of an in-joke because of how often we all get messed up by the little suckers. They arn't really all that bad the main thing they do well is keep you from just running around everywhere without consideration for the fact that they can shoot you.
(14-07-2012, 03:39 AM)Theod link Wrote: [quote author=Lucina link=topic=4386.msg35762#msg35762 date=1342226194]
they only just gave the longbow 3 more dmg and people already complain about rangers? i just did my first hard mode and rangers only killed me once. its about being careful wait untill they target something else and only go for headshots. if you dont kill them on the first shot they will kill you. faster archers are worse i find. they just spam you to death.
im goina guess your not an archer
[/quote]

Yes I am an archer. Personaly the Longbow is my favorite weapon atleast untill i hit sniper and can get my hands on a sharpshooter bow.
Rangers literally used to have aimbot. Stop whining.

Also, just leave the rangers to crossbowmen and give them some room to move behind cover. They can have a shot ready and then let it loose on their head by the time they've half-way drawn their bowstring. An archer has to have a speed advantage over them if they want to stand off with them.
Captain_Stoogey
(13-07-2012, 07:24 PM)PK_Ultrasonic link Wrote: they were nerfed last patch? i coulda sworn it said more rangers in the change log?

Read through the past change logs and you might uncover a conspiracy.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
New Features
    New awesome combat animations from Papa Lazarou's Combat Enhancement pack
    New enemy troops have joined the Nord ranks! Donator's enemies have joined the fight!
    Massive expansion in the coding to allow a far greater random chance in what waves you will face upon the field!
    Nord troops have donned new outfits
    Voulge should hopefully now give xp (it's very stubborn!)
    Sharpshooter buff to crossbow to allow pinpoint accuracy at highest levels of legendary crossbows
    Pikeman buff to throwing skillz!
    Various item rebalancing, especially for throwing weapons
    Tonnes of changes behind the scenes that will appear over the coming weeks!
    Deployable ammunition box is faster to use
    Banners were not updated in this patch. Please use the unofficial banner pack for now