Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Shall I?
Taser is right, we need teamwork. But teamwork is a rare phenomenon. Most guys like to charge (then die), i have no idea why Big Grin People should appreciate Assist XP.

And about Infantry armors.. i agree with You. Commando should have better armor to buy.. but maybe better items is rare and only from drop ?
For example:
I can't equip Fearsome Knight Helmet as a Sniper, because it's only for Sergeant, Commando and Knight.
The classes are not only about gear. As Infantry, you are the only one who actually get proper melee ability. As I said, heavy longbowman has 2 PS, so sniper will have 3 at best, and from what I've heard from other people, cavalry is pretty much the same in that regard. Once dehorsed, they are as usefull as archers in melee, as they highly rely on the speed bonus from their horse.

So I guess you trade a bit of defense for best offense in melee, archers tradea a bit of defense for best ranged offense and cavalry trades their melee ability on foot for best defense. Also, as Infantry, you have shields at your disposal with enough points in shield skill, which can get you out of lot of trouble. Why should infantry have the luxury of being both best in melee, an have best weapons and also having the best armor and best shields at their disposal?
My point is, going from Sargeant to Commando is not worth the 15 class tokens it costs right now, I don't expect Infantry to be best at everything either, I just want Commando to be worth getting, right now I would be far better off staying at Sergeant and getting 3 in archer or Cavalry, because there isn't much benefit at all going from Sergeant to Commando.

Plus a Rank 4 knight can get 2 Ranks in Infantry and get more power strike and wpf etc just as an Archer can, but Sniper class also gets an awesome powerful accurate long range weapon with the ability to 1 hit everything with headshots due to how accurate it is, which also fires pretty fast. Knight gets a powerful tank horse that can withstand an insane amount of punishment and I have seen it hold up an entire wave for a long time just with the guy sitting on it holding his shield up blocking the entire path way, both of those classes also have the same or actually better armour values than Commando in the Knights case.

Commandos advantage is that it will give you a bit more damage in melee ( not much more ) and a few decent melee weapons the other classes can't use, other than that it isn't worth getting over another Rank 4 class or just getting Sergeant and then rank 3 in one of the other two classes.

(17-12-2011, 09:39 PM)Pecus link Wrote: Taser is right, we need teamwork. But teamwork is a rare phenomenon. Most guys like to charge (then die), i have no idea why Big Grin People should appreciate Assist XP.

And about Infantry armors.. i agree with You. Commando should have better armor to buy.. but maybe better items is rare and only from drop ?
For example:
I can't equip Fearsome Knight Helmet as a Sniper, because it's only for Sergeant, Commando and Knight.

Yes that would make sense and would be something to achieve, it would atleast make me think it will be worth to go Commando.
Is it stupid when I can craft Strange swords and I can't use them because a choosed way of the archer. Maybe blacksmith need to craft some Strange bows. I agree infantry needs better armor ,but I too fight a lot when I lost all arrows.
(18-12-2011, 04:15 PM)Master_of_the_Templars link Wrote: Is it stupid when I can craft Strange swords and I can't use them because a choosed way of the archer. Maybe blacksmith need to craft some Strange bows. I agree infantry needs better armor ,but I too fight a lot when I lost all arrows.
A blacksmith crafting bows? That would be weird. Maybe a new class Fletcher for ranged items?
Teamwork can be increased by making the xp go up dastriclly with each round.
First round: 1-3 xp
Second- 2-5
Third:5-8

And so on. At the last rounds the xp you will get will be amasing and totaly worth it.

I think the classes shoud be given direct strength and weaknesses.
Archers fast and really good with the bow, crappy in melee and low armor.
Infantry high damage medium/high armor. Will be the ones who kill in melee.
Cav medium dmage super high armor so they can be used as tanks.

This will hopefully enforce teamwork or people will be slaughtered every round.

Also the class points needed shoud be the same for all the classes.

Think thats all.
Aren't all those features in the mod already? Or this an attempt at trolling?
(19-12-2011, 02:22 PM)Kwal link Wrote: Aren't all those features in the mod already? Or this an attempt at trolling?

Its not an attempt at trolling how coud you even see it as such?

They are in the mod but just very very weak.
Atm a archer cant fight almost as good as an infantry man in melee and can have good armor.
Its mostly true about the cav tho
OK guys i don't want to sound like i think im all smart but this entire conversation is all about our preference. Its the same as ps3 vs xbox. people in infantry want to get better armor....everyone else feels cheated cuz they don't get new things. ergo they start to complain about getting better bows or w/e it may be. my point being that whatever you like the most you want to support and you want them to be the strongest. Thing is, atm infantry already is (in my opinion) the most op class. archers can shoot yes...but it takes some skill to get a headshot on everything in the later levels. plus they will get raped without good melee. cavalry is good because they have a big armored horse...but their best weapon is a spear with speed bonus and keep in mind it takes time to build up that speed, circle around, and load up for another thrust. while infantry takes little to no skill, is probably the unit that can kill the most enemies the quickest, and has the almighty morningstar. Not to mention they do have ranged capabilities yet they aren't very accurate, they do deal a decent amount of damage. so sure a little extra armor as infantry would be nice... but that would provoke the (already provoked) infantry to try and go charge in alone rather then relying on his/her allies to help him/her out. I guess what im trying to say is rather then making a unit better, make the team better by doing something that can help the entire team...which is why they have support classes coming out soon. (to my knowledge)

And just to make this clear i am infantry...and im perfectly content the way i am.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
(17-12-2011, 06:13 PM)Pecus link Wrote: Yeeee!! Do it like in cRPG.. NERF ARCHERS because this class is too powerful!! It's funny when people with 4x 2h weps, and no shield cry on forum for nerf archers ;] But who cares, cRPG sucks.

So guys we play nordinvasion and don't forget that here we fight with mobs, and these mobs hit very hard. If archer's will have worse armors will be dead on one hit from better mobs. So no one will wan't to play as archer, when will be dead on 1/2 hit from jeveliners or even stupid backstabbers assassins ;] (gl win without archers)
Yes, if you nerf the archers, even the damage of the bows, you will be sorry. Archers aren't necessarily essential, but they rack up most of the kills, and are usually the last to live, and solo the third boss when everyone else is dead.
Don't say ANYTHING.
What, do you expect a speech?