Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Which Hero Class is the Best Bang for your Buck?
(19-03-2015, 01:38 AM)Tsukiyomi link Wrote: Where do you get off with these responses?  Have you ever heard of punctuation?  Please start using some to make it easier on the poor people who have to read the garbage you put up.  On to actually responding to your lovely post.  The armor I have really does not change the damage I do... I'm not sure why you think having higher armor makes you do more damage but it's simply not the case.  I still outscore zweihanders.  This was true when I was wearing the "standard" commando gear (don't even want to touch on the gear the players I'm comparing myself to... suffice to say their gear was a lot better than mine).  This trend continues to be true.  If you'd like to compare the gear being used  ( I'm sure this is your next argument) yes, I do use the Volundr Great Sword.  Oh man that must be why.. oh wait... I drop them for all the other players on the team.  If you'd like to continue saying that I'm wrong I will keep arguing with you all day.  In the end, Mr.Killer is looking for advice on which of the two classes to go.  You pointing out my gear really does not offer anything constructive to the discussion.  People have already stated their opinions on the stats/gear countless times in these stupid threads.  Honestly if you can't figure out which you'd like better from looking at the stats on your own none of these responses will mean a thing.  In the end this decision needs to be made by the individual.  I'll restate since you clearly didn't actually read what I wrote (although you took the time to quote it) - Personal skill and preference mean far more when it comes to the scoreboard than the minimal differences in stats between classes.  Honestly I'd like to never see one of these threads again.  For anyone in the future wondering "duuuhh what hero should I go??"  PLEASE use the search function and you will find numerous threads that look exactly like the one you are about to write.  http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...946.0.html  this thread is designed for this exact reason.  Use it.
every read this Dyslexia
as i am one of the only ones that fucking try to fix crap with Dyslexia give a guy a brake at lest you can work for 5m reading that when it would take me years to right any thing with punctuation

i think i had some do this to me like 2 mounts ago well guess what if i have a idea or a post and you don't want to read guess want don't it not hard

go look at 1 video about Dyslexia you will learn that we work some time 3-4x hard than you normal people in most tasks

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(19-03-2015, 01:54 AM)Tsukiyomi link Wrote: I actually have read about dyslexia.  It has nothing to do with a general lack of using punctuation or grammar.  Seems like you just were never educated.  Sorry if that's rude, but using a disorder that has nothing to do with what I've pointed out just seems wrong.
for any one reading this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyslexia
learning difficulty that like in the 1st sentence

You shouldn't judge a  mental/medical disorder based on Wikipedia or anything you read. Only someone in the medical field can properly have a say about it.

Anyway onto the thread, I think that legionaire in my opinion is the better option for all around versatility since it gives you more options on roles [slashing, shielding, throwing, 1-hand brawling] instead of only specializing in one. Unless you want to specialize, go legion.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(19-03-2015, 02:12 AM)Looter link Wrote: You shouldn't judge a  mental/medical disorder based on Wikipedia or anything you read. Only someone in the medical field can properly have a say about it.

Anyway onto the thread, I think that legionaire in my opinion is the better option for all around versatility since it gives you more options on roles [slashing, shielding, throwing, 1-hand brawling] instead of only specializing in one. Unless you want to specialize, go legion.

And you shouldn't assume that any knowledge other people have is simply from wikipedia.  I'm not insulting the disorder and my intention was not to insult Woody directly.  I've PM'ed him and that will hopefully help to clear things up. 

On to the actual topic - I'm pretty sure it's been discussed more than enough.  Far more than enough.  I'd suggest locking this topic. 
If you're somebody who enjoys Cav mode, I'd recommend Legionnaire. Swinging a giant two hander from horseback is slow and likely to get you peppered with shots in later waves, so the advantages of being a Zweihander are nullified. Now imagine you have uber one-hander proficiency (and uber one handed weapons availaible to you), a shield and the ability to throw projectiles. Sounds pretty neat.
I have an RG and a Zwei, I'm making a Legionnaire specifically (but not exclusively) for this reason. And I'm Australian. And we don't even have a dedicated Cav server.

Generally, when picking a class, I'd ask myself "how can I be of most use to my team?". Nowadays - when ranged are less likely to be duped into melee - a Legionnaire seems like a good choice for rushing out and clearing them safely at the end of the round. You also have the option of going ranged yourself, in those commando-heavy servers when slashing spots are taken.

Please don't be:
One of those Legionnaires who rambos after every respawn, get's overwhelmed, dies, then is a burden for the next three waves.
OR
The Legionnaire who sits and throws and when asked if he/she can assist in slashing replies: "uh, I'm Legionnaire"; and does not come to help. Protecting shielders is one of the most important jobs non-shielders have.

A legionnaire can be the most useful guy in your team, or a dead weight, depending on the player.
Zweihanders are alright too  ;D
Also, my cousin is dyslexic. He's an aeronautical engineer.
dyslexia 101
[Image: Dyslexia_2f7237_978396.jpg]

The gift of dyslexia this is a real thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVseLzwxceM

On a true note to you can lock the topic as all you need is here [quote author=Tsukiyomi link=topic=41597.msg225626#msg225626 date=1426729101]
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...946.0.html 

zwei is the best bang for the buck
lvl52 RED_ThrowingFitz
lvl52 RED_Fitz

Dragon axe 3/21/2015
Deadshot 3/30/2015

the eagle isnt for sale unless somehow i end up with penetrator+onyx so dont bother pming
there's no use comparing kill count on a thread about which hero class offers the most usefull assest to an NI team for the cheapest price, sure some of the more experienced legionaires can outscore a zweihander, but so to can some of the best zweihanders, kill count in NI is for the most part, about who tries the hardest, or who aims for the most 1 shot targets.

The hero class thread is a great place to start looking at which hero class may suit your play style however, one must take into account the thread is the first hand experience of ONE player who more than likely has different experiences to the rest of people that use each respective class. in my experience, legionaire is a blast...do i own one? no, but i like to pick up the odd illustrious and pretend to be one every now and then. I've noticed from watching others that legionnaire excels at mopping up those pesky ranged units and the odd infantry that arrive late to the shield wall. sure picking off rangers and the end wave nords will get you a bunch of kills maybe even put you on top of the scoreboard, however, this is not the way to judge if a set class is better than another. I can speak from experience on the zweihander class as i do own one and can certainly feel the difference in slash speed and damage when fighting some of the heavier armoured nords where some weapons which would previously take extra hits or in the case of bosses even bounce off their targets no longer do so when in the hands of a zwei. this can sometimes make all the difference to the team, especially when it comes to stun locking nords in the higher waves where other classes simply cannot due to their lower weapon proficiency.

By all means, if you want to top the scoreboard then pick the class that you think will let you do that. but if you want bang for your buck, then take into account the finer aspects of NI such as the royal guard that can absorb almost all damage thrown at the team and allow you to eat pizza or take a shit, while admins can't tell if you are afk or just doing your job. The zweihander that can slash unhindered no matter how much armour some nords have. or the legionaire, which allows you to fill in places the normal hero class cannot aswell as being deadly at fighting toe to toe with nords rather than from the safety of a base (often negating the needs for a shield wall on the entirety of normal mode, and waves up to juggernauts on hard).

Going Deep