Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Xp Unlock
Pure archer is a pure archer - he can't fight in melee, but gybrid can both shoot bows worse than archer and swing big swords worse then infantry. Whats wrong? Or you want to shoot arrows like a sniper and in the same do something in melee?
(24-12-2011, 05:50 AM)Voldirs link Wrote: Pure archer is a pure archer - he can't fight in melee, but gybrid can both shoot bows worse than archer and swing big swords worse then infantry. Whats wrong? Or you want to shoot arrows like a sniper and in the same do something in melee?
Yes.
If its only about choice of weapon - just ask someone to share two handed sword with you. If else then put some points in infantry. Melee is a work for infantry. Shooting bows is a work for archer. Charging enemy with lances is a work for cavalry. If you want to do this all, do a gybrid class, they are made for that.
(24-12-2011, 06:16 AM)Voldirs link Wrote: If else then put some points in infantry.
This. If you are willing to forgo Sniper, then you have enough free character points to train Infantry tree up to Heavy Inf, which should net you some nice two-handers. And when the level cap is raised to 52, you'll be able to train Sniper anyway. Pure profit. :-)
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
Quote:Back in the good ol' days (when people still fought with blade and bow) everyone could use every weapon, right?

That's the thing, wielding a weapon strangely enough requires technique and knowledge to actually wield it Tongue Of course you can pick anything off the ground, doesn't mean you'll know what to do with it. So instead of just being able to wound yourself with a weapon, the developers of MB decided to make it easier for the players and just remove the ability to pick it up altogether.

Quote:crossbows are different, because pressing a trigger requires no training
Even with crossbows (agreed, much less so) you'd still need the proper technique and strength to load an arrow.
Idea is good but it does break the whole class system. I don't think the we shouldn't be able to pick everything off the floor but we should be downright useless with it. say if you aren't made to pick up a 2h of some kind you have penalties (such as slower attack, less damage, etc.) also i agree with sarge

"If archers have access to bows and good two handed weapons, why would anyone play infantry? There is a point to having each class specialize...OR... you can dual class and get your bow and a two hander."
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
With this knowledge about the lvl cap increase ill train sniper like I had planed then put more 2 lvls into infantry. That way i can get the bastard sword i so desire.
Thanks for the interest.