Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Would you rather have forced manual block, or keep things the way they are now?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Autoblock
37.50%
21 37.50%
Manual block
62.50%
35 62.50%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Poll] Forced Manual Block?
wow this has gone well of topic since when did auto/manual block poll and discussion turn into hitler and his experimants he did

im sorry but can we stay on topic

its good to have a few servers with auto and some for manual
COURAGE: do one brave thing then run like hell

Long Live The Order Of The Scarlet Blade's
PK_Friewulf_shielder
I did not introduce Hitler into this discussion. My original argument, is that there is no logical gain in forcing manual block, other then that it's more difficult. If we got gold or xp bonus for using manual block, that would make sense. I am not against manual block. I was defending my argument. And I am not out to argue. I simply stated stated my opinion, and defended my position. Hopefully I am allowed to do that.
@Alyosha.
Do not complicate yourself, no one is voting on their preference under any sort of stress. It's about whether to have auto block or manual block in a server, everyone has their reasons for voting either one.

Manual blocking might be bitter medicine for some, but judging by the current state of tactics used by the players, its quite appalling to see that players just send themselves to death just so they can easily restart and continue the same sort of exp hogging again. The basis of a grindfest alone is quite a put-off for some to play without a clan. The idea of the mod is to try to beat the game as a team, not earn exp.

Players with auto-blocks often can take out small batches of the horde, which gives an offset of unbalanced power that inspires the player to be more aggersive towards the bots, thus making them more reckless and overconfident of the situation. The idea of the Horde is to instill fear towards the player with numbers and strength, making him feel weak and the need to depend on others. To counter this, the team has to work together and use tactics against the horde. Losing a wave with proper tactics is a more satisfying experience than losing a wave with no teamwork whatsoever.

Manual block makes players think twice before charging head on.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
Now we have a decent discussion going about auto blocking. That's all I wanted.

I agree with you Johao. And I will try not to complicate myself in the future. I have many opinions, but I find it difficult to voice them when nobody takes the first step.

And again, the prison experiment was under distress, the stick experiment was not. The prison experiment was about envy, hate and ultimatly sadism in our society, not so much survival. Look up comperative social experiments done on mice and monkeys, and you'll see why. The stick argument was just an attemt at telling people to give better reasons for using manual block, when auto block is an option.

Don't close the thread. I'm done with my own experiment.
(24-12-2011, 09:16 AM)Hasan link Wrote: Autoblock helps archers alot, and it still is really difficult even if you have autoblock on ^^

What are you, some kind of little girl ?

The way cRPG fighters see it, if you can't manual block, you're not experiencing the game for what it is.

Also, most of us will call you little sissy girl, and most of us won't let you hear the end of it.
If people want to use manual block, they should use it themselves.

I don't see why you should manual blocks onto others, it's not damaging anyone.
Blut und Ehre
(24-12-2011, 06:17 PM)dexxtaa link Wrote: [quote author=Hasan link=topic=545.msg5022#msg5022 date=1324718176]
Autoblock helps archers alot, and it still is really difficult even if you have autoblock on ^^

What are you, some kind of little girl ?

The way cRPG fighters see it, if you can't manual block, you're not experiencing the game for what it is.

Also, most of us will call you little sissy girl, and most of us won't let you hear the end of it.
[/quote]

So you're going to harass me till i listen to you? and insult me over the internet?

Look, i enjoy using Autoblock over Manual block, if you want to call me a little sissy girl, by all means.

What you're trying to do is controll everyone's gameplay.
And keep in mind, this is not CRPG, in CRPG you fight other people, not bots.
Blut und Ehre
Hey, no flame wars here. If you two want to get this personal, go somewhere else.

@Hasan, the problems about the current game mode is that people dont tend to underestimate the enemy horde and tends to always charge to the spawn points thinking that auto-block can save their arses, but the higher waves would eventually overwhelm them when they needed to change tactics.

Also, to answer your point, it does damage teamwork. It isnt funny when you repeatedly die in wave 4 and how players act just like bots, charge to the enemy.
(24-12-2011, 07:07 PM)Johao link Wrote: Hey, no flame wars here. If you two want to get this personal, go somewhere else.

@Hasan, the problems about the current game mode is that people dont tend to underestimate the enemy horde and tends to always charge to the spawn points thinking that auto-block can save their arses, but the higher waves would eventually overwhelm them when they needed to change tactics.

Also, to answer your point, it does damage teamwork. It isnt funny when you repeatedly die in wave 4 and how players act just like bots, charge to the enemy.

That i can agree to, that wreck less charging is wreck less and bores the game, but in certain situations it wouldn't hurt to have auto block on. (For example when fighting guys with daggers and can barely see the attack direction)
Blut und Ehre
(24-12-2011, 07:10 PM)Hasan link Wrote: That i can agree to, that wreck less charging is wreck less and bores the game, but in certain situations it wouldn't hurt to have auto block on. (For example when fighting guys with daggers and can barely see the attack direction)

Well, peasents need something to be feared about arent they? Its not like in the movies where some martial artist can overwhelm 20 opponents in one go.

Plus, the fact that its humiliating for you to die in the first round without auto-block goes to show as an extra incentive for players to use brains over brawn over the bots.