Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Idea to help new players.
(15-10-2015, 02:26 PM)DeadOtter/DrCox link Wrote: there is always players don't have to be heroes, T4 is good enough to help

many a time hard and rag runs don't succeed and if that is the case i know a few of us go into the normal runs

True, T4 is quite helpful. And I also have had that experience, failing a hard or rag run and dropping into normal to blow off steam and help newbies.

You made a lot of good points, but I still standby my idea that Easy mode should be implemented. I obviously can't say, but with the coding experience that I do have, I don't think it'd be very hard to make. But if it is a hassle to make then I suppose I'd say it's low priority.

It just scares me to think that we could lose new players just because they get too discouraged to play because normal mode can rip them a  new one.
Prince Kills: 1
Ragnar Kills: 1

Haze_Warden
Haze_RoyalGuard
look at dark souls, it only makes people try harder
52 - Chosen Marksmen
52 - Royal Guard
52 - Marauder
52 - Warden

Irish to Turtle "Get away from me with that hat on"
Elmo "Well yeah you are just drowning it with oxygen"
(15-10-2015, 02:32 PM)DeadOtter/DrCox link Wrote: look at dark souls, it only makes people try harder

Dark souls is renown for being hard. People see it as a challenge. Also they paid money for it so they're gonna play what they paid for. We're a free mod.

Nord Invasion is a cooperative mod for a game that has dozens if not hundreds of other mods. If people don't want to put time or effort into the game, they won't. They'll load up another mod.

I know when I first started, I quit at level 15 or so because it felt like it took too long to do anything and I never thought I'd become a hero. Luckily I picked it up again about a year later and I've been hooked since.

Haze_Warden
Haze_RoyalGuard
i can see what you mean but.... if they are willing to give up that early they wont last in the final stages of the grind for legendarys and high tier craft-ables and their time would be seen as wasted levelling all that way, i see it is if you can survive the beat downs and get past that initial grind you will enjoy the game, more and respect it more
52 - Chosen Marksmen
52 - Royal Guard
52 - Marauder
52 - Warden

(15-10-2015, 02:42 PM)DeadOtter/DrCox link Wrote: i can see what you mean but.... if they are willing to give up that early they wont last in the final stages of the grind for legendarys and high tier craft-ables and their time would be seen as wasted levelling all that way, i see it is if you can survive the beat downs and get past that initial grind you will enjoy the game, more and respect it more

I agree, there are players who will give up later because they don't enjoy the grind, but I still think we could be turning off players who would enjoy the late-game.

There are people who don't enjoy the grind. And we don't necessarily need to cater to them. But there are people in the middle. Who don't mind the grind. An easy mode reduces the grind because instead of being stuck in normal until level 32, you can be in easy for a chunk, normal for a chunk, then hard and rag.

Again, this isn't worth it if it's terribly hard to implement. We've done fine by just playing normal mode with the new players. But I still don't think this would be a hard thing to implement and if that's true, I think this would be really helpful.

Haze_Warden
Haze_RoyalGuard
not saying it shouldn't be done but the xp cuts and mat drop cuts, it would be equally as grindy.

if the xp where to stay at normal level people would play easy not normal, and normal mode has 1xp on some bots as it is
52 - Chosen Marksmen
52 - Royal Guard
52 - Marauder
52 - Warden

(15-10-2015, 03:09 PM)DeadOtter/DrCox link Wrote: not saying it shouldn't be done but the xp cuts and mat drop cuts, it would be equally as grindy.

if the xp where to stay at normal level people would play easy not normal, and normal mode has 1xp on some bots as it is

I bet we could EXP lock it. For example, you can get on a hard-mode server at any level, but you won't get EXP unless you're level 32.

We could make it so you don't get EXP past level 13 (Tier 2).

There should be reduced mat drops in easy mode. The point is to get them started, not get them mats.

If they're getting kills they'll level up faster because that's pure EXP.

Haze_Warden
Haze_RoyalGuard
xp could work and it could all be ironed out as we have just chatting,

it may be done but i think the cav rethink will be done first
52 - Chosen Marksmen
52 - Royal Guard
52 - Marauder
52 - Warden

(15-10-2015, 03:12 PM)DeadOtter/DrCox link Wrote: xp could work and it could all be ironed out as we have just chatting,

it may be done but i think the cav rethink will be done first

I agree, cav has been around longer and deserves it's fixes.

Haze_Warden
Haze_RoyalGuard
I will +1 cav getting fixed

Also in terms of having a easy mode, they would need to lock normal to lets say lvl 15+ or something in order for anyone to play easy. They would strip down the drops to almost nothing, which lets face it a lot of us play for.
I also have no clue how they would make the bots weak enough for it to be an easy mode.

I think the main issue is not being able to do hard at t3 instead it makes you wait for no real reason.
My Steam
Loot:                           M/D/Y
Twig of Yggdrasil - 8/10/2012
Sun Pike - 9/9/2014
Dragon Helm - 1/10/2015
Jormungandr - 2/26/2016